1/6th Scale Sideshow Boba Fett Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Again, it comes down to whether you match the prop/costume (i.e. the hardcore Fetters using the same paint brand and color that the prop-makers did in 1979) or you match how it looked onscreen and photographed and was remembered.

Another problem is that greens and browns are hard to capture accurately on film - they seem to shift really easily. Look at all the pics of Fett and that green is all over the place.

I just don't think there are any "perfect" options for a 1/6 Boba helmet - Medi, Tomy, Marmit, Hasbro and now SSC. It's a combination of shapes that is obviously too tough to nail. Silentsurfer did say that SSC had several helmets sculpted and it's possible they used the wrong one for this release - the SSC helmet does more closely resemble the ROTJ helmet.

The pic below shows some of the inaccuracies of the SSC helmet, but the two pics were taken with very different lenses and the helmets are at slightly diff angles. You can see things like the rangefinder not being long enough, the crown being too vertical and the base not flared enough, ends of visor not being narrow enough etc. though.

But this does show what an unbelievable job SSC did in matching the weathering.

bobahelmet.png

The T-visor is the biggest stuff-up on this. I've got both the PF & 1/6 and BOTH have BAD T-visor sculpting.

bobahelmet.png

Yep, Surfer did an awesome job matching up all the dents and dings. Overall I think they did a great job reproducing his masterpiece of weathering.

No question there. Whatever quibbles I have with the figure, Silent gave them an excellent template and the factory did a great job in following it. The weathering on Fett is by far the best I've seen on any SW 1:6 figure.

I didn't say they needed anything from medicom. Looks like you're reading comprehension ranks up there as lacked skills as well.

And yes, you are mistaken again, of the current 20ish figures Hot toys has at 220 plus, about 5 of them are DX series. Theres only a few figures they make that fall into the 175 or below category and none of those have a light up feature. SSC may be trying to climb up the price pole, but they sure aren't in Hot Toys range yet.

You said in the Medi custom thread.

Is it so silly of my to assume theyd be using actual Medi parts? No need to be a smartass. Lacking skills.. Pff. Idiot.

And about Ht. I guess I just get my figures cheap, I never pay 200$ + for anything, unless it's free shipping or something to bring the price down.

Last edited:
Again, it comes down to whether you match the prop/costume (i.e. the hardcore Fetters using the same paint brand and color that the prop-makers did in 1979) or you match how it looked onscreen and photographed and was remembered.

Another problem is that greens and browns are hard to capture accurately on film - they seem to shift really easily. Look at all the pics of Fett and that green is all over the place.

I just don't think there are any "perfect" options for a 1/6 Boba helmet - Medi, Tomy, Marmit, Hasbro and now SSC. It's a combination of shapes that is obviously too tough to nail. Silentsurfer did say that SSC had several helmets sculpted and it's possible they used the wrong one for this release - the SSC helmet does more closely resemble the ROTJ helmet.

The pic below shows some of the inaccuracies of the SSC helmet, but the two pics were taken with very different lenses and the helmets are at slightly diff angles. You can see things like the rangefinder not being long enough, the crown being too vertical and the base not flared enough, ends of visor not being narrow enough etc. though.

bobahelmet.png

Yeah, the paint apps are exceptional. Very good. Bad outweighs the good when it comes to the helmet though, but one cannot complain about the weathering.

But in the case of the Fett. I'd say make him look like the pic above you posted and he'd be pretty damn epic.

Last edited:
Lol, after looking at Boba Fett in the forensic way I have never done before this figure release, I think if SSC released a set of all the various Fett helmets they sculpted in production I'd buy it just out of interest :lol

why for so waller?

I never was very happy with how green his helmet is compared to the rest of him. Also, while watching the SW saga this weekend, I had an epiphany on how I want my 1/6 collection to look like. Or maybe it was just the beer. :wink1:

I never was very happy with how green his helmet is compared to the rest of him. Also, while watching the SW saga this weekend, I had an epiphany on how I want my 1/6 collection to look like. Or maybe it was just the beer. :wink1:

do not drink & drive.........:lecture

do not drink & re-decorate..............:lecture:lecture

What was the epiphany, Waller? Curious on what changed in regards to how you want to display your collection, though feel free to tell me it's none of my business!

I've always been most interested in the Imperials, so I'm thinking an awesome display would be the various Imperial troopers. Stormtrooper (need), Sandtrooper and Dewback (have), Snowtrooper and cannon (ordered) and Scout Trooper and speeder bike (hopefully next year). I might also mix in the Kenner figures with these since those were my first Star Wars items.

This would also kind of give me a light at the end of the tunnel feeling in regards to 1/6. Huge epiphany for me.

I can't believe this debate rages on.......
I'm done using IMO and being direct.

The color green on the SS Boba is terrible and completely off from what was shown in the film. The fitting of the outfit sucks and doesn't look natural.
Sideshow makes figures of less quality than Medicom on the whole and that's why you pay more for Medicom Star Wars.

Fact is, you either a stubborn moron or you are just dense as hell if you think the medi ROTJ Boba isn't superior in the way of film accuracy to the SS version.
It's not a debate to any rational, intellectual that isn't blind.

There may be a future release that stakes its claim as the best version of Boba and I can guarantee you SS won't be the ones making it.

Sideshow makes nice statues and prop replicas....

I can't believe this debate rages on.......
I'm done using IMO and being direct.

The color green on the SS Boba is terrible and completely off from what was shown in the film. The fitting of the outfit sucks and doesn't look natural.
Sideshow makes figures of less quality than Medicom on the whole and that's why you pay more for Medicom Star Wars.

Fact is, you either a stubborn moron or you are just dense as hell if you think the medi ROTJ Boba isn't superior in the way of film accuracy to the SS version.
It's not a debate to any rational, intellectual that isn't blind.

There may be a future release that stakes its claim as the best version of Boba and I can guarantee you SS won't be the ones making it.

Sideshow makes nice statues and prop replicas....

there there...........feel all better now?..........:1-1:

Back