1/6th Scale Sideshow Boba Fett Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wrong on Medi's account. Their chest armor is quite lovely IMO. Except for the velcro, but that's easily fixed.

Medi took their time to get the colors right. Had sideshow done this they would have beaten it, even with the poor HS.

ATM Medi's attempt is better. I've seen them both in person and am NOT biased. I just want the best Fett. With Jedi luke for example SS clearly wins even tho Medi beats them in tailoring, body, hands and everything else, simply because SS Luke looks like Luke.

Maybe you should look up the words bias and opinion. You are very biased and your opinion is clouded by that. (Thats why you miss all the glaring crap on the medi like above) I think alot of people are passionate about Fett, but you're bias is so strong it comes off as ignorance as well imo.

Last edited:
Here is a pic I did for fun. What if Sideshow got the colors right? After a little photoshop here is what it should have looked like

15x5jl.jpg

All in all still the best Fett out there now IMO.:clap
Great pic. What a difference the correct shade green makes. Still not that bothered by it, but do wonder how stuff like that gets missed. You'd think it would be a simple matter, given all the available references. :dunno

Just watched ROTJ again today, and noticed that in the Jabba palace scene, there is one shot where Boba's rangefinder and cape are swapped on his body. It looks like a fault where they flipped the image for some reason.

Funny thing is, I've seen ROTJ so many times and have never noticed this. I only notice now that I have the Boba figure (among other recent Hot Toys) and am now an anally-retentive collector!!! :lol

Maybe you should look up the words bias and opinion. You are very biased and your opinion is clouded by that. (Thats why you miss all the glaring crap on the medi like above) I think alot of people are passionate about Fett, but you're bias is so strong it comes off as ignorance as well imo.

I'm talking about the colors. Actually I've stated before that SS is the better figure, but I find Medicom to look more like Fett. So yeah.

I do own both figures. SS got alot right, but not enough IMO. Colors and sculpting on a HS being off is stupid. Especially for a HT price tag.

So is Medicom obviously, and people call him overpriced. Me included. But people need to get out of the SS is awesome cloud and realise this Fett has issues. My girlfriend saw the sculpt and said something looked off about it. She has seen the movie ONCE.

Medicom was at the time a better figure for it's time compared to what SS delivered at this day and age with HT being out here. Still had issues though.

All in all I guess I just expected SS to knock this one out of the park considering how bloody long it took them. The new ROTJ Medi is better than the new SS IMO.

Its surprising about the green, I wouldn't think whoever did the prototype would get that wrong (was it silentsurfer?) so it could have been the factory, unless its a case of 'the prop was this colour, the film colouring changed the shade, therefore prop wins over film style' - but yeah both the medi and ssc have things really off base about them.

The ssc helmet sculpt looks a lot better irl (sounds like BS, but its true as you aren't stuck looking at 1 perspective like in a photo) but is still totally different to on screen, which seeing as in a promo they said they sculpted many versions and picked the right one is surprising. I shouldn't say this as its great work SSC do, but it just lacks basic observational skills - go to a life drawing class with a strict and *****y teacher damnit! that will drill into you the ability to simply see lol

Anyway I'm happy with my ssc boba on a TT slim (gives a LOT better proportions and matches the actor in the suit almost perfectly), might repaint him further down the road to darken/dull his greens. Gotta get the patience to redo all the scratches, so I'm a fan of ecsamurai's helmet repaint (are you gonna do the whole ssc figure?)

I'm talking about the colors. Actually I've stated before that SS is the better figure, but I find Medicom to look more like Fett. So yeah.

I do own both figures. SS got alot right, but not enough IMO. Colors and sculpting on a HS being off is stupid. Especially for a HT price tag.

So is Medicom obviously, and people call him overpriced. Me included. But people need to get out of the SS is awesome cloud and realise this Fett has issues. My girlfriend saw the sculpt and said something looked off about it. She has seen the movie ONCE.

Medicom was at the time a better figure for it's time compared to what SS delivered at this day and age with HT being out here. Still had issues though.

All in all I guess I just expected SS to knock this one out of the park considering how bloody long it took them. The new ROTJ Medi is better than the new SS IMO.

Theres hundreds of pages of complaints about the SS figure. The bottom line is this; if there had been a major factory screw up and he shipped pink, it doesn't change the fact that the medicom figure is still crappy and looks like a kid Fett and many features look like upsized hasbro features. SSC missing the mark on some features doesn't suddenly make the Medicom better, sorry. :dunno
This Fett doesn't have near a HT price tag. Figures with accessories and a non standard base are 225 US minimum now through HT. :cuckoo:

I agree with you, the "essential Fett out of the box" is not yet out there, a couple customizers though have really hit it out of the park. Check the medi Boba thread, theres some awesome customizations.

As for your girlfriend only watching Star Wars once ever, well, thats on you to fix. :pfft: :stick

Just watched ROTJ again today, and noticed that in the Jabba palace scene, there is one shot where Boba's rangefinder and cape are swapped on his body. It looks like a fault where they flipped the image for some reason.

Funny thing is, I've seen ROTJ so many times and have never noticed this. I only notice now that I have the Boba figure (among other recent Hot Toys) and am now an anally-retentive collector!!! :lol

The sad thing is, you have people who claim that anything on screen is canon, so these sad souls probably think that a backwards image means Fett is all good with a revered set up. :slap

I've never understood how people can be so **** that they hate anythng EU, but are ok with things that are obviously production errors.

Theres hundreds of pages of complaints about the SS figure. The bottom line is this; if there had been a major factory screw up and he shipped pink, it doesn't change the fact that the medicom figure is still crappy and looks like a kid Fett and many features look like upsized hasbro features. SSC missing the mark on some features doesn't suddenly make the Medicom better, sorry. :dunno
This Fett doesn't have near a HT price tag. Figures with accessories and a non standard base are 225 US minimum now through HT. :cuckoo:

I agree with you, the "essential Fett out of the box" is not yet out there, a couple customizers though have really hit it out of the park. Check the medi Boba thread, theres some awesome customizations.

As for your girlfriend only watching Star Wars once ever, well, thats on you to fix. :pfft: :stick

So they need Medi boba parts to pull him off? Kinda contradicting yourself. :lol

And I bought my HT BR Joker for 150$. Most 220+ figures are if I'm not mistaken DX releases.

The same thing happens later in the movie, when Han and Lando are talking before they all fly off for Endor. Lando's holster changes sides several times as they cut back and forth between him and Han.

That's so sloppy!

I don't think its sloppy it's just a case of flipping images to show the angle they wanted which didn't have the shot for.. Its kinda silly but it would be more jarring to have the shots go from the left to the right or even have a character facing the wrong way for the scene it's supposed to be reacting too and the flip is a less jarring comprimise......also on the colour issue, colour changes according the amount of light that hits it, so even if you pic the same swatch as the Prop when you scale down you would have to compensate for the light no longer hitting the object making it darker or less washed out IMHO

Its surprising about the green, I wouldn't think whoever did the prototype would get that wrong (was it silentsurfer?) so it could have been the factory, unless its a case of 'the prop was this colour, the film colouring changed the shade, therefore prop wins over film style' - but yeah both the medi and ssc have things really off base about them.

The ssc helmet sculpt looks a lot better irl (sounds like BS, but its true as you aren't stuck looking at 1 perspective like in a photo) but is still totally different to on screen, which seeing as in a promo they said they sculpted many versions and picked the right one is surprising. I shouldn't say this as its great work SSC do, but it just lacks basic observational skills - go to a life drawing class with a strict and *****y teacher damnit! that will drill into you the ability to simply see lol

Anyway I'm happy with my ssc boba on a TT slim (gives a LOT better proportions and matches the actor in the suit almost perfectly), might repaint him further down the road to darken/dull his greens. Gotta get the patience to redo all the scratches, so I'm a fan of ecsamurai's helmet repaint (are you gonna do the whole ssc figure?)

Probably yes. Helmet first tho. Getting the green right is damn hard IMO.

ESB_Fett_Vader.jpg

Probably yes. Helmet first tho. Getting the green right is damn hard IMO.

ESB_Fett_Vader.jpg

Again, it comes down to whether you match the prop/costume (i.e. the hardcore Fetters using the same paint brand and color that the prop-makers did in 1979) or you match how it looked onscreen and photographed and was remembered.

Another problem is that greens and browns are hard to capture accurately on film - they seem to shift really easily. Look at all the pics of Fett and that green is all over the place.

I just don't think there are any "perfect" options for a 1/6 Boba helmet - Medi, Tomy, Marmit, Hasbro and now SSC. It's a combination of shapes that is obviously too tough to nail. Silentsurfer did say that SSC had several helmets sculpted and it's possible they used the wrong one for this release - the SSC helmet does more closely resemble the ROTJ helmet.

The pic below shows some of the inaccuracies of the SSC helmet, but the two pics were taken with very different lenses and the helmets are at slightly diff angles. You can see things like the rangefinder not being long enough, the crown being too vertical and the base not flared enough, ends of visor not being narrow enough etc. though.

But this does show what an unbelievable job SSC did in matching the weathering.

bobahelmet.png

So they need Medi boba parts to pull him off? Kinda contradicting yourself. :lol

And I bought my HT BR Joker for 150$. Most 220+ figures are if I'm not mistaken DX releases.

I didn't say they needed anything from medicom. Looks like you're reading comprehension ranks up there as lacked skills as well.

And yes, you are mistaken again, of the current 20ish figures Hot toys has at 220 plus, about 5 of them are DX series. Theres only a few figures they make that fall into the 175 or below category and none of those have a light up feature. SSC may be trying to climb up the price pole, but they sure aren't in Hot Toys range yet.

Back