1/6th Scale Sideshow Boba Fett Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice Fetts everyone!!!!

Question: what do i do, or how long will it take for me to be able to post in the sales/trade thread? As im looking for medi, and sideshow fett parts.

Nice Fetts everyone!!!!

Question: what do i do, or how long will it take for me to be able to post in the sales/trade thread? As im looking for medi, and sideshow fett parts.

I say you go big, Adam! I'm just about done with my kit-bashed Medicom RAH Fett figure decked in Sideshow gear on a Hot Toys Slim TT. It'll take time, patience, some soul-wrenching cutting & pasting & cost about as much as SSC's full retail price. But, in the end, you'll end up with a considerably better Fett figure than anything done by any single manufacturer to date! Trust me, I promise. :rock2

So I made the mods on my fett... cut the back plastic and do the hot wather mod on the abdomen plate... I don't know if I will take a better picture some day, but now I just gona have fun with my phone and some effects
20120807_212839_Bob_Rustic.jpg

now he looks almost perfect! Amazing figure, really love it!!

Was just reading a 2007 review of the Medi Boba at Michael Crawford's site and thought this was pretty funny:

"Now with Sideshow producing their own 1/6 scale Star Wars, and at a price point of about $60, a $150+ figure now doesn’t seem as “worth it” any more. Is this Boba Fett good? Oh yeah, it’s excellent or I would not have put up the money for it, but with Sideshow possibly making a Boba Fett in the future for $60, I don’t think this figure is going to be twice as good as what they will make."

How times changed in less than five years.:slap

^^^ that's classic! :lol

Also, nice work, Rodan.

thanks!!! Those are really easy mods, and the figure looks 100% better.
also I use your figure as a guide for the tools
I'll take some daylight photos soon :)
and also, someone has posted a size comparison between a 1/6 TDK batman and a medicom boba, and they look almost the same size.
I just put this SSC boba next to my 1/6 batman figure, and boba looks bigger and imponent, and I think that's exactly how he's suposed to look.

Was just reading a 2007 review of the Medi Boba at Michael Crawford's site and thought this was pretty funny:

"Now with Sideshow producing their own 1/6 scale Star Wars, and at a price point of about $60, a $150+ figure now doesn’t seem as “worth it” any more. Is this Boba Fett good? Oh yeah, it’s excellent or I would not have put up the money for it, but with Sideshow possibly making a Boba Fett in the future for $60, I don’t think this figure is going to be twice as good as what they will make."

How times changed in less than five years.:slap

That's funny swsqueakquels I went back and read Michael's reviews for both the new SS Fett and the Medicom one. Funny how he gave a higher grade to a figure that came with a lot less stuff and was not as detailed as SS. All that and it is just 25 bucks different in price. It scares me to see the cost of figures skyrocket in price. I'd hate to see the price of the SS ROTJ Fett or Hot Toys attempt at this figure. It makes collecting a lot harder. People's idea of perfection of a figure has risen with it's prices.

^^^ :lol that's exactly what I was gonna post!

Rezz's Fett has the same hip-thrust as mine. First pic, looks like he's sayin: you want some of this? Fett's a dog! :yess:

Stupid question: what Han in carbonite is that? I know I've seen it numerous times. I know it's not the PF... is this one 1/6 scale?

I've been debating picking up the Hasbro 12" carbonite, just to have in the background. I wasn't sure if it looked like crap in person, though.

Stupid question: what Han in carbonite is that? I know I've seen it numerous times. I know it's not the PF... is this one 1/6 scale?

I've been debating picking up the Hasbro 12" carbonite, just to have in the background. I wasn't sure if it looked like crap in person, though.

I have both the SS 1/6 Carbonite environment and the Hasbro one in the pics.

I love my SSC one, but I have the Hasbro too and it is pretty damn good also (a bit out of proportion and obviously just a block though, no wall/background.)

From memory, the SSC is pretty hard to find at a decent price these days, Hasbro is probably dirt cheap.

Oh, I didn't even see the Hasbro one. It looks pretty decent as a backdrop, especially since I can get it for like $20.

I didn't realize SSC put out a different Han, I only knew about the PF. But looking around, I saw the 1/6 one. But yeah, I don't think I'll be paying the going rate for that.

Nope, and I think it's only a matter of time before Sideshow or HT re-release Han-in-Carbonite. Hoping HT will pack one in supposing their upcoming DX Han will be the Bespin version.

"Kill me you can't"

20120809_133411.jpg

just if anyone want a comparison, boba looks great next to a Hot Toys figure!

20120809_134225.jpg

I really wan't the HT luke right now to pose him next to this boba!
my 2 favorite characters of Ep V.

Last edited:
Back