1/6th Scale Sideshow Battle Droids (Clean, Commander, Security, etc)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They are looking really good, can't wait to get mine that are due on Monday:impatient:, Classic Pred is due tomorrow too:yess:. Just got my Gree set up on the shelf last night and he is chomping at the bit to get his hands on these tinnies:gun. I hope SSC has more stuff in store for those magnetic feet besides the STAP, I am so glad they added that feature cuz I don't like using the stands and I don't think these even come with them if I remember correctly:dunno. I know I have the Triad Toys Bullet Time figure stand in a box somewhere so I'm gonna have to pull it out and see how it works out with these figs:idea. It would be nice if SSC started adding magnets on the feet of more of their figs and magnetic spots on all of their environments.

They are no longer my corporate overlords, but believe me when I say they are well aware of this site and the feedback it provides their development team. A lot of R&D decisions start right here.

:horror These are action figures, not toys. Stop acting so immature. Pose them once and let them collect dust like you're supposed to.:cuckoo:

:wink1:

I have so many figures that get the initial excitement and then off to the shelf, but these are too much fun, I will probably break them from over posing. :slap

Mine was delivered to home yesterday but I was away.:slap

Seeing more breakages... besides being careful... I might be buying some spare pieces.

Wow, I just got this set in today and I'm very impressed. Mostly plastic, but with metal joints--the articulation is just fantastic! Legs swivel and pivot at the hips, knees bend, ankles move somewhat. Head and neck swivel all over. Even the three fingers move. You can replicate most of the typical droid poses, although the fingers' grip is not too tight around the weapon.

You do have to be real careful about "breaking in" the shoulder joints however. They swivel up, but the way it's designed, if you don't have the neck extended all the way up or expect it to just easily move without considering the different moving and non-moving bits, it won't turn correctly and forcing it will break it. It's not necessarily cheap or brittle plastic, but it's light and inherently narrow. Definitely not something you want to be rough with. I didn't do anything bad to mine yet, it's just something to keep in mind if you first start handling it.

Overall, if you love the Clone Wars series as much as I do, you'll want to add these guys to your collection. They look great, are fun to play with, and will complement your clone army nicely. I may pick up more later on, if I can find on sale, or when the inevitable variants start showing up.

I have a different break from the other ones I've seen.

DSCN0584.jpg

Hello

I understand now why SSC sells them by pair ! You have one chance to break one of them...

:slap

They are no longer my corporate overlords, but believe me when I say they are well aware of this site and the feedback it provides their development team. A lot of R&D decisions start right here.

Really? So you're no longer in the employ of Sideshow toys?
When did this happen, and why the split, If you're allowed to talk about it.

I was thinking about my Kit Fisto EX. How cool would it have been if these droids had been made of metal like the droid head with Kit? Nice heavy and the joints wouldn't snap. :) I am sure though there are other drawbacks though to producing them in metal but still would be cool.

They are pretty light weight, but they hold poses pretty well. I was pretty scared to change the poses at first, because I was aware of the issues people were having. Mine seem ok as long as I take care with the moving/hinged parts.

Magnets on Backpack and Blaster. It took me 5 minutes, so if i order 50 that makes 4 hours work :panic:

The Result is great. Backpack don't drop anymore and with the Blaster you can display them as "Stand-by" or "whatever" mode.

battledro_1.jpg

battledro_2.jpg

battledro_3.jpg

battledro_4.jpg

battledro_5.jpg

:yess:

Got mine this afternoon. These guys are good fun. Yes they are kinda delicate, but as long as you are careful and rotate their arms/legs by the joints, they are easy to pose. Here are some quick shots.

6691808473_92e0e1e583.jpg

6691806981_fd6041588c.jpg

Back