1/6th Scale Sideshow Battle Droids (Clean, Commander, Security, etc)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was a bit disappointed that they weren't able to use the magnets to help secure the backpacks, but it's ok.

I was a bit disappointed that they weren't able to use the magnets to help secure the backpacks, but it's ok.

The loose backpack can be a "hidden trap", I lifted the figure while holding onto the backpack, figure dropped and luckily nothing was broken.:woo

Have to say this is a very well thought out design. Great work Sideshow.:clap:clap:clap

Another feedback: Comparing my 2 figures, I found a liitle problem fully pull out the neck of one of them.

battledro_1.jpg

battledro_2.jpg

battledro_3.jpg

battledro_4.jpg

battledro_5.jpg

Have to say this is a very well thought out design. Great work Sideshow.:clap:clap:clap

Another feedback: Comparing my 2 figures, I found a liitle problem fully pull out the neck of one of them.

You mean the droids have invaded the island? I havnt got any news about receiving them over here yet:impatient:

Unpacked one of them and got a few quick shots...

BATTLE-DROID-03.gif

BATTLE-DROID-01.gif

BATTLE-DROID-02.gif

Like everyone else, very impressed with the engineering here...had to be tough to render something into the "real world" from a CGI creation where "cheats" can happen to get around physics... :)

...and Sideshow's team has succeeded brilliantly. Like the mixed use of materials...metal joints covered by rubber incorporated onto the plastic body. The plastic seems thin but sturdy. The sculpt is good and detailed and the paint apps are well-applied but not overdone.

It takes a little patience and extra care unfolding the droid and testing the articulation points, but the reward is a cool figure capable of some great poses.

The (very minor) downsides have been pointed out by others...the most notable one I see is the precarious-fitting backpack (which many are commenting is oversized - guess it depends on the source one views - TPM or the subsequent films/CW...it would be interesting to get some comments from the Sideshow team on what sources went into their version of these tinnies)...and while they seem to hold a pose well and stand unassisted, I don't know if I'm going to trust these on long-time display without a stand. As for the stand, maybe Sideshow could come up with something slightly "environment"-like in nature...a small "deck plate" that had a magnet in it to utilize those metal plates in their feet? It's not collapsing that concerns me over the long run, but toppling over. A magnetized plate stand would deal with that and still leave the view of this figure unobstructed by the upright support of a standard stand...just a thought...

But those are minor quibbles...Sideshow's first foray into the Separatist Army's droids is a good one...and like the Clones, I'm sure we'll see many variations and improvements along the way. These Infantry units bode well for the forthcoming IG-88 and the still in-development General Grievous. I'd also like to see those intense Commando droids from the CW show sometime as well...

In the meantime, it's back to these clankers.....

Last edited:
You guys gotta get those necks pulled up all the way. Too many pics have the neck to low. There is actually another joint at the base of the neck where it attaches to the body. That should be exposed when you have the necks pulled all the way out. It allows you to tilt the neck foward and backward.

Thanks for the "heads-up" Craw....

BATTLE-DROID-04.gif

It was a little tough getting that pulled up all the way...really in there, but yes, what a difference it makes!

Another gripe about the backpacks is that you can't display them properly on them in the folded-up/compact pose as seen in EP1. The head won't go flat on the chin.

Thanks for the "heads-up" Craw....

It was a little tough getting that pulled up all the way...really in there, but yes, what a difference it makes!
I had the same problem. I thought they were up as far as they could go. But i felt they didn't look quite right, so i carefully pulled until they popped up. It does make a huge difference.

just wanted to say thankyou to those of you who broke your drioids, and posted warnings :D thanks to you , i was able to get mine broken in, and moving freely, without any actual breakage.

I had the same problem. I thought they were up as far as they could go. But i felt they didn't look quite right, so i carefully pulled until they popped up. It does make a huge difference.

Anyone want to post a photo of the neck fully extended? As far as I know mine are as extended as far as they will go (without ripping the head off) but they still look short, and I see no exposed joint as another user said you'd see.

Sean

Last edited:
Back