1/6th Scale Sideshow Battle Droids (Clean, Commander, Security, etc)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: 1/6th Scale Battle Droid

I'm hoping they make reasonably priced battle packs with these. There isn't much to them, so they shouldn't cost too much.

Yeah battle packs is the way to go, but who knows, they do have to make these from scratch. They may not want to bundle them and try to milk the molds like the clones.

I wonder if they'll make those Commando Droids.

I just hope that the articulation is good enough to create other dynamic poses instead of the "at attention" one the Hasbro one is stuck in...and I hope the material used for them is stronger and less prone to warping...

To me, the old ERTL BD model works fine and as a plus, it comes with a STAP.. only problem (if one considers it such) is that assembly and painting are required.
Me, I like a challenge ;)
https://www.starshipmodeler.com/starwars/ws_droid.htm
(not MY build just an example of how they can look.)
Now if minor changes were made to increase articulation somewhat, that model would be perfect.

thats a cool model. wonder how much those are to find? would love a STAP. wow actually fairly cheap on the bay.

Here is my Droid with STAP that you are talking about

img0049ni.jpg

img0050vn.jpg

The height of this droid is higher than 12". It's about 13-14". With the STAP, it's over 14" high.
The articulation ......bad!!:slap

I hope that SSC will make a better droid than this model and Hasbro.

ProgMatinee, you can find it on Ebay!!
https://shop.ebay.com/i.html?_nkw=A...t+droid&_osacat=0&_trksid=p3286.c0.m270.l1313

I'm hoping they make reasonably priced battle packs with these. There isn't much to them, so they shouldn't cost too much.

I intend to get at least 4 of the regular Driods. Hope Sideshow make them affordable for troops building.

I just hope that the articulation is good enough to create other dynamic poses instead of the "at attention" one the Hasbro one is stuck in...and I hope the material used for them is stronger and less prone to warping...

:lecture:lecture:lecture

I'm sure SSC will use a better plastic. Hasbro was limited to softer plastics that won't injure kids.

Here is my Droid with STAP that you are talking about

img0049ni.jpg

img0050vn.jpg

The height of this droid is higher than 12". It's about 13-14". With the STAP, it's over 14" high.
The articulation ......bad!!:slap

I hope that SSC will make a better droid than this model and Hasbro.

ProgMatinee, you can find it on Ebay!!
https://shop.ebay.com/i.html?_nkw=A...t+droid&_osacat=0&_trksid=p3286.c0.m270.l1313

I think it looks pretty good, Aries.

Can a clutz novice like me put that thing together?

It would be cool if the made the droid out of metal. Like the droid head part that comes with EXC. Kit Fisto. I am sure that would be really expensive though that doesn't seem to stop Sideshow.

The die-cast metal Battle Droid head was incentive that made sense early on in the line. It's still my favorite exclusive piece to this day. But I have to doubt that Sideshow would bother these days to give us a good value when they can sell just as many in plastic, and make more profit.

An all metal BD would present balancing issues from being so thin and top heavy. It would need very strong joints, or some ratcheting system. It can be done, but why would they if they don't have to?

I don't mind IG-88 being plastic because he's highly detailed and decked out with articulation he doesn't even need. The BD's detail is relatively simple, and making it die-cast would make for a much more interesting toy of a subject that would always be outsold by clones.

just bought that STAP model for $17.50 shipped. Decent deal I think. It should be fun to put together. Have not built a model in 20 years. Should be fun. Thanks for the heads up on it.

If I would just stop putting it off, I would finish the STAP that I have painted blue to put my clone wars Anakin on. I just have to print some decals and finsh the small detail parts.

Haha, that looks awesome.

"The height of this droid is higher than 12". It's about 13-14". With the STAP, it's over 14" high. " What's the length and width of this cool display?

If I would just stop putting it off, I would finish the STAP that I have painted blue to put my clone wars Anakin on. I just have to print some decals and finsh the small detail parts.

I have one completely built and painted as well...I just don't know how to weather it. My STAP looks like it just came off the assembly line. :impatient:

Back