1/6th Scale IG-88 Figure LINK IN 1ST POST!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: 1/6th Scale IG-88 Figure

Just the other day, I saw at my local departmental store the new Hasbro IG-88.

The figure comes with a "knife" carried on his back. I thought where did that come from?

Don't remember seeing that in the movie.

The figure comes with a "knife" carried on his back. I thought where did that come from?

That's weird, it could be something from the Clone Wars series that ended up on him.

Don't be too excited... they don't really stay in place when you extend his legs. Usually one sinks down before the other and before you know it he's back to a shorter stature.

But still, for a Hasbro figure he turned out great. Give him a repaint and he looks great on the shelf.

The collapsing legs are pretty easy to fix, and there are probably a dozen ways to do it. The easiest is to wedge something up into the slot in the back of his legs.

Or superglue like I did...

Like I said, there are dozens of ways to fix it, but I think an easily
reversible method is always best especially if its just as easy as gluing, and using a hot glue gun would be both easy and reversible.

I think its from the Star Wars: Visual Dictionary from a few years back. I remember they had a pic of some of IG-88s weapons and that blade was one of his things.

%5CAUTOIMAGES%5CDK43481LG.jpg

I think its from the Star Wars: Visual Dictionary from a few years back. I remember they had a pic of some of IG-88s weapons and that blade was one of his things.

%5CAUTOIMAGES%5CDK43481LG.jpg

Cool, I will have to dig that book out, I know I have it somewhere.

The collapsing legs are pretty easy to fix, and there are probably a dozen ways to do it. The easiest is to wedge something up into the slot in the back of his legs.

I usually just leave him in the un-extended position. Doesn't look bad and he fits on more shelves that way :lol

I usually just leave him in the un-extended position. Doesn't look bad and he fits on more shelves that way :lol

That's why I didn't do anything permanent, since depending where I put him he may or may not fit. So when hes not in the glass cabinets and on my desk or something I can make him taller. :)

That's weird, it could be something from the Clone Wars series that ended up on him.

Whatever that bladed weapon is pre-dates the clone wars. It was added WAAAAAYYYYY back with the first of the Retro (Vintage) carded figures.

I don't have a clue about it's origins. But I certainly hope Sideshow adds it to IG-88's arsenal.

Whatever that bladed weapon is pre-dates the clone wars. It was added WAAAAAYYYYY back with the first of the Retro (Vintage) carded figures.

I don't have a clue about it's origins. But I certainly hope Sideshow adds it to IG-88's arsenal.

Yeah they had it on him quite a ways back.

We might just get the blade for the Ex. edition.

So far its looks crappy but you can't really make too harsh judgements based on one pic. However It's going to have to be something special to convince me to replace my repainted Hasbro

Back