1/6th Scale IG-88 Figure LINK IN 1ST POST!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: 1/6th Scale IG-88 Figure

I believe my inner mechanosexual just came out. IG-88 looks freakin' sweet!

Last edited:

Anyone else think this look more like the cartoon than the movie version?...

Don't even come in here with that stuff. :lol

It's like "Oh, you guys want Boba Fett?? Here you go, we even painted him in the Holiday Special colors for you"

So far its looks crappy but you can't really make too harsh judgements based on one pic. However It's going to have to be something special to convince me to replace my repainted Hasbro

I actually agree. Lack articulation and sweatshop paint aside, Hasbro did a great job on their droids.

It looks cool to me but the price is gonna have to be just right on this for me to bite. IG88 isn't that big a deal to me when I already have a repainted Hasbro version that I'm quite happy with. Now the rest of the Empire 6 is whole different story.

It's like "Oh, you guys want Boba Fett?? Here you go, we even painted him in the Holiday Special colors for you"

Obviously I hope I am wrong. I love nothing else but everything from the movies.:lol

damn... i would be up for a Holiday Special Fett!

looks awesome!!
Pics would be great Sideshow!!
Especially with that BIG frickin gun in his hand!!!

This is a definite purchase for me...not having all the bounty hunters? Crazy talk...and while the Hasbro one is cool, that was a $25 toy....this will totally and utterly blow that out of the water.....

Its pretty vogue to bash Sideshow these days...I've never seen customers turn on a company soo fast...LOL

Its pretty vogue to bash Sideshow these days...I've never seen customers turn on a company soo fast...LOL

Yeah, I'm kind of torn between my loyalty to a company that I think is really great, has done well with their licenses, and has an unsurpassed level of communication with it's fan-base, and the issues of increasing prices without a quality increase comparable to other companies. It's a real problem Sideshow is facing, particularly since they're the ones who distribute the very items that continue to show them up in big ways.

I don't think anyone would argue that if we could get the volume of licensed product Sideshow releases with the quality that Hot Toys has maintained and the introduction of light effects that Medicom has premiered with it's own droids, we'd all be fine with the price increases.

But, as much as I love my Emperor figure, I absolutely do not understand why it cost $40 more than Bib Fortuna, which had a lot more included in the package and was of equal quality. By the way, the ex. for Bib also didn't languish on the site well after the figures had shipped.

I've gone off topic a bit here, but you can see why these issues are starting to irk the once-loyal fan base.

Having said that, I am looking forward to seeing what happens with IG-88! I love that they decided to tackle this complicated figure and give it a lot of articulation! It looks like they're putting a lot of the love and care the company is known for into this figure. Naturally, we're rooting for them to show off that Medicom and Hot Toys aren't the only ones who can give us light effects, and this is a prime opportunity to do just that.

Back