1/6th Scale IG-88 Figure LINK IN 1ST POST!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: 1/6th Scale IG-88 Figure

Ok, I thought about this the other day. If sideshow plans on releasing all of the Bounty Hunters in short order together, then that means we are getting 4-LOM before too long. And since he is very similar w a shiny protocol droid, I wonder if a C-3PO annoucement is too far behind

i was thinking the same thing.

Well, they have already confirmed that 1:6 versions of R2 and 3P0 have been in the works for a while. But we'll likely see the PFs first.

Ok, I thought about this the other day. If sideshow plans on releasing all of the Bounty Hunters in short order together, then that means we are getting 4-LOM before too long. And since he is very similar w a shiny protocol droid, I wonder if a C-3PO annoucement is too far behind

Seems like a no-brainer. Companies like to reuse parts whenever they can... get more money out of their investment.

I'd also guess we'll see a couple versions of both R2 and C-3PO. Not to mention different styles of droids using the same bodies.

I can see one of the red or white 3POs making a nice convention exclusive. :yess:

Definitely could see that happening. Can honestly say I'd likely pass on C-3PO variants... but I'd at least want a R5 D4.

Just look how much re-use Sideshow could get out of an R2 body :lol

Image14.jpg

I will get all of those that turned up in the movies.:)

Seems like a no-brainer. Companies like to reuse parts whenever they can... get more money out of their investment.

I'd also guess we'll see a couple versions of both R2 and C-3PO. Not to mention different styles of droids using the same bodies.

All that's really different between the standard C3po style protocal droids and 4-Lom, the death star droid, and the silver version from the sand crawler sceen is just the heads and upper torso's, so they can pretty much do a bunch of figures once they finish one. The sad part is variations like the flat red and flat white colored versions from ESB would probably cost the same as plated versions like C3po and TC-14 even though they would be cheaper to produce.

As for the R2 body, your right, the possibilities are endless, but its still going to be about what they think will sell, but I would expect them to do a few of the major ones from the films like R5-d4, the black imperial version of either the R2 or R5 (hopefully both), and Obi's droid that lost his head in Ep 3. I would would really like to see #23 in the picture you posted done, since it would go great with any Tantive scene related characters from ANH. He's the only small Star Wars figure thats left from my collection because I wanted to do a 1/6th version of him.

But any of the variants of the droids with little screen time would make great exclusives, for things like the SDCC.

I will get all of those that turned up in the movies.:)

The scary part is almost all of those droids in the pictures GB posted were in the films, even if just in the background for a slit second, so if they do go crazy with droids I hope you got deep pockets. :lol

Yeah, I don't think Sideshow will go all-out Hasbro style with them... but I could see at least a handful of variants being sellable.

Just look how many times they've already used the Clone Armor... many of them had about as much screen time as the various droids :lol

He is performing an assasination at a dinner party tonight. It is his disguise.

Its a padded thing that goes around his neck, its on him in the film and even the 12" Hasbro has it. Mabee it keeps the gun straps from getting caught in his joints. :lol

IG-88.jpg

LOL...I thought he knew that and was just cracking jokes about it.:)

So cool that we finally have figures like this on the horizon from Sideshow... the dark days of Buck-body only figures may well and truly be behind us :lecture

Back