1/6th Scale General Grievous Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Now that you mentioned it, I did a comparo between the stock figure and your's and yeah.....those candy sabers really don't speak much whereas your touch up surely adds a bit more flair, some drama to whatever pose you set the General in. :D

And dude. Cathodes would rock this already epic figure. That is one mod that I can conjure up the guts to undertake although I'd need guidance. What say?

This figure definitely screams cathodes!! I have a few that I use with other figures but I would be short one green to make it happen. The man to talk to on here is katkuru. I bought all of mine from him and if you look up his thread, I believe he put a tutorial in there once showing how to do it. However I'm not 100% sure about that. It might have been someone else but either way he did offer them a while back. I'm not sure if he still does but he may be able to lead someone in the right direction. I do think this will need to be done at some point for Grievous!!

I'd love to see if you can capture in a picture the way the sabers looks in hand, catching the light just right. I also hate the 'candy' sabers that look like glass blades. I much preferred the old frosted sabers. Murderofcrows ( a member here) also used a flourescent blade for his Vader a long time ago that was extremely effective looking.

Ok as requested here are some pics of Grievous with more natural light....

13475555774_7f4c19bff9_b.jpg

13475310213_3244e5d5c9_c.jpg

13475557354_2afdb8d298_c.jpg

I love everything you did to GG joe.

You have done a terrific job on him my friend. My question to you is - Is there any figure in your collection that hasn't been weathered? :lol

I love everything you did to GG joe.

You have done a terrific job on him my friend. My question to you is - Is there any figure in your collection that hasn't been weathered? :lol

:lol Thanks and yes there are some believe it or not but hey weathering is fun!! :)

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

:lol Thanks and yes there are some believe it or not but hey weathering is fun!! :)

I can just see you eyeing up a new fresh figure and deciding where the dirt and muck will go, these figures of yours that are 'weathered free' better watch out. You may end up in WA, (Weathered Anonymous) a bit like Alcoholics Anonymous but without the Alcohol just dirty figures. :lol

'Guys I had a relapse, I weathered too much this time'.

I can just see you eyeing up a new fresh figure and deciding where the dirt and muck will go, these figures of yours that are 'weathered free' better watch out. You may end up in WA, (Weathered Anonymous) a bit like Alcoholics Anonymous but without the Alcohol just dirty figures. :lol

'Guys I had a relapse, I weathered too much this time'.

:lol you got me there.

No matter how deep you fall into your addiction joe just remember to keep posting pics of your fantastic work buddy. :lol

The pics are a pleasure to view my friend. :lecture :duff

Thanks man. It's worth having the addiction then. :)

Finally got mine in today... had to do a flex so a bit of an extra wait. But definitely glad I hung on to him... so far I've only done the neck mods (Thanks Rorywan) which really are a must to get a good tilt to his head. I'll do the eye mod as well, but probably stop there. Sideshow really did an incredible job with his one... although small QC issue... one of the small bits in front of his mouth had snapped off in transit, or elsewhere (can't find it) so hopefully I can get a replacement faceplate from Sideshow.

71d61b03-f962-4621-ae60-e08acbf58cca_zps7246fa5d.jpg

I opted for a regular stand... I didn't like how big the included one was and it didn't seem particularly sturdy or easy to use. But a regular stand with a crotch grabber arm seems just about perfect :lecture

Last edited:
Looks great. I never considered an ordinary stand, I assumed that right angle they put on the "crotch grabber" was essential. It looks like that stand is working out well for you.

Finally got mine in today... had to do a flex so a bit of an extra wait. But definitely glad I hung on to him... so far I've only done the neck mods which really are a must to get a good tilt to his head. I'll do the eye mod as well, but probably stop there. Sideshow really did an incredible job with his one... although small QC issue... one of the small bits in front of his mouth had snapped off in transit, or elsewhere (can't find it) so hopefully I can get a replacement faceplate from Sideshow.

71d61b03-f962-4621-ae60-e08acbf58cca_zps7246fa5d.jpg

I opted for a regular stand... I didn't like how big the included one was and it didn't seem particularly sturdy or easy to use. But a regular stand with a crotch grabber arm seems just about perfect :lecture

Yeah, I had a few on hand so figured I'd give it a shot... seemed to work better than the included one as the grabber is a bit bigger and can get around the crotch area a bit better and even seemed to hold it in place more than the included one.

The great thing about this figure is he doesn't need a stand if posed certain ways. In the position I have him in..he stands perfectly on his own. However it depends on how you want him obviously.

Exactly. If I take the stand off mine, my GG holds up on its own, but is on the verge of tipping over. A bump of the detolf or something and he'll tip over.

Yep, that's why I'm using a stand on him... he could stand, but it's precarious and I can't imagine he'd fair well after a shelf dive.

Cool pic, GB. The neck mod you did, was that Rory's? Cutting the edges of the pegs holes?

Yes, just followed his tutorial... very easy to do and it especially makes a difference with the head joint, the others there is some improvement but the "guts" really limit how much you can actually push the joints back, but with the head it really tilts back much further with the mod.

The figure just has so much presence on the shelf, so happy Sideshow finally came through on him :rock

I'm so tempted to buy this guy since he looks great and all the reviews I've seen have been positive. Going to hold off a little bit longer and get a couple other pieces first though I think.

Back