1/6th Scale General Grievous Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I agree...it's great seeing folks like Rory take it to another level, but just as it is....it's becoming one of my "desert island" figures...a real keeper...right out of the box. An amazing job from Sideshow....

Gents, this a fantastic figure straight out of the box, whilst I appreciate the kind comments about my tinkering, it would be a real shame to let someone repainting and reworking an already great figure to put you off buying it. I LOVED this figure when I opened it. I still do. So much so that I still have a pristine un-modded version sitting in its box as well. I picked up parts on Toy Anxiety. Do not let ANY modding, by me or by others put you off this, if you are a Grievous fan. It would be a crying shame. :duff

Gents, this a fantastic figure straight out of the box, whilst I appreciate the kind comments about my tinkering, it would be a real shame to let someone repainting and reworking an already great figure to put you off buying it. I LOVED this figure when I opened it. I still do. So much so that I still have a pristine un-modded version sitting in its box as well. I picked up parts on Toy Anxiety. Do not let ANY modding, by me or by others put you off this, if you are a Grievous fan. It would be a crying shame. :duff

Great post and I agree 100%. I have almost 0 talent when it comes to modding and what not so I have to take these figures as they are. Only mods I've done are updated clothing and what not on certain figs. Rory is right. This is an amazing figure right out of the box. With a little work, it can be improved, but it isnt needed.

I may have to face some heat by asking this but did anyone get on the WL lately and got a conversion?

I "think" I was the latest on here to convert. I went on the EX waitlist on Feb 18th and it converted about March 17th. Maybe someone on here converted later but I just thought I'd let you know.

Sent from atop my Dewback

Loving it without the cape =P

000.jpg

001.jpg

Re-worked my Grievous some since getting him. I weathered him a bit more, worked on the eyes to be more screen accurate like others have done and I repainted the Lightsabers a fluorescent color to stand out more and look like they are lit under the right lighting. I touched up the pics a bit for effect...

13433167395_d8f7596159_h.jpg

13433291873_3429afd401_b.jpg

13433292213_b79646b8e4_b.jpg

13433171105_3b29fe4f99.jpg

13433537054_dc9f07192d_b.jpg

13433285623_c33602bdbb_b.jpg

13433283953_2180f18b3b_b.jpg

13433169215_548b87032f_b.jpg

13433288333_d49ebd571f_b.jpg
13433292203_3d4c22f9f6_c.jpg

Love yer weathering doode! wish i could do that to my figure but im to scared to do such things :lol
Re-worked my Grievous some since getting him. I weathered him a bit more, worked on the eyes to be more screen accurate like others have done and I repainted the Lightsabers a fluorescent color to stand out more and look like they are lit under the right lighting. I touched up the pics a bit for effect...

13433167395_d8f7596159_h.jpg

13433291873_3429afd401_b.jpg

13433292213_b79646b8e4_b.jpg

13433171105_3b29fe4f99.jpg

13433537054_dc9f07192d_b.jpg

13433285623_c33602bdbb_b.jpg

13433283953_2180f18b3b_b.jpg

13433169215_548b87032f_b.jpg

13433288333_d49ebd571f_b.jpg
13433292203_3d4c22f9f6_c.jpg

@joebizz34 - Good job you've done there mate. I'm unsure of the florescent colouring on the sabers but I guess it would look good in person. :)

Fingers crossed for ya. Hope you get him. He's quite a lot of figure and looks great straight out ofvthe box.

Sent from atop my Dewback
Thanks for the wishes dude. He's indeed impressive outta the box and all these mods make him even more worthwhile.

Sent from atop my Dewback following your's.

@Mazukou - Thanks!! I totally understand. But like others have said, the figure still looks great even if you leave him as is. Extensive work is not needed to improve the figure in this case.

@Intruder04- Thanks!! I hear ya with the sabers but I am just so tired of the lame see through dull blades these figures come with that have no life and barely no color. I may eventually upgrade them to cathode ones in the future but that cost $$$ to buy 4!! :lol So I wanted to spice up the blades he has for now to be different. They look a little more intense in the pics due to the lighting but in person they at least stand out as which ones are green and which ones are blue even seen from a distance now. :)

I'd love to see if you can capture in a picture the way the sabers looks in hand, catching the light just right. I also hate the 'candy' sabers that look like glass blades. I much preferred the old frosted sabers. Murderofcrows ( a member here) also used a flourescent blade for his Vader a long time ago that was extremely effective looking.

I'd love to see if you can capture in a picture the way the sabers looks in hand, catching the light just right. I also hate the 'candy' sabers that look like glass blades. I much preferred the old frosted sabers. Murderofcrows ( a member here) also used a flourescent blade for his Vader a long time ago that was extremely effective looking.

Well you know what? I'll work on that. I am going to do another video on him soon for my YouTube channel. What I can do is take a pic of him outside. You can't get more natural lighting then that. :)

@Intruder04- Thanks!! I hear ya with the sabers but I am just so tired of the lame see through dull blades these figures come with that have no life and barely no color. I may eventually upgrade them to cathode ones in the future but that cost $$$ to buy 4!! :lol So I wanted to spice up the blades he has for now to be different. They look a little more intense in the pics due to the lighting but in person they at least stand out as which ones are green and which ones are blue even seen from a distance now. :)
Now that you mentioned it, I did a comparo between the stock figure and your's and yeah.....those candy sabers really don't speak much whereas your touch up surely adds a bit more flair, some drama to whatever pose you set the General in. :D

And dude. Cathodes would rock this already epic figure. That is one mod that I can conjure up the guts to undertake although I'd need guidance. What say?

Back