1/6th Scale Dewback

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Damn! These things are rare AND expensive! At this juncture I'd be willing to buy a damaged one (depending on the extent) and repair him myself JUST so that I can get him - wish Sideshow would do another run of these.....

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

With the re-release of Vader, Probe Droid and Maul I think there is a possibility it could happen.

Also I would think that since Vader, Maul and the Probe Droid probably sold out pretty quick and the Dewback didn't, the odds aren't that great.

It is quite wonderful having it though, so I wish they would rerelease it so all the great HT Sandtroopers in peoples collection can rest their feet some.

I doubt they will release again, but who knows? It seemed they were especially hard to sell when they were available. Think they were discounted for a long while too. Sideshow sandtroopers and the dewback were the first things I purchased in 1/6th scale. Been down hill ride in my bank account ever since . . .

Damn! These things are rare AND expensive! At this juncture I'd be willing to buy a damaged one (depending on the extent) and repair him myself JUST so that I can get him - wish Sideshow would do another run of these.....

Or just get the GG Dewback....smaller but very nice as well. Comes with a Sandtrooper.

I doubt they will release again, but who knows? It seemed they were especially hard to sell when they were available. Think they were discounted for a long while too. Sideshow sandtroopers and the dewback were the first things I purchased in 1/6th scale. Been down hill ride in my bank account ever since . . .

Ha ha! Me too. It was the first thing we purchased. It's still the thing that inspires me to buy more and wait for those precious pieces.

The GG sculpt is pretty darned nice as well. Love the sculpt on that trooper.

One of the things to keep in mind on the Dewback is its sheer size. Collecting 1/6th scale humanoid figures is one thing, but the Dewback takes up a lot of room and if you don't have a lot to spare, this guy is not going to fit into your display.

Also I would think that since Vader, Maul and the Probe Droid probably sold out pretty quick and the Dewback didn't, the odds aren't that great.

It is quite wonderful having it though, so I wish they would rerelease it so all the great HT Sandtroopers in peoples collection can rest their feet some.

The reason it took so long to sell out is because they sold out of the Desert Sands Detachment Sandtrooper long before the Dewback :slap and the older SS ones were still very expensive. So you were in a position of buyng a Dewback and hoping to score a trooper down the road. With HT probably making a couple more versions of the Sandtrooper that wouldn't be a problem for the rerelease.

yes sideshow release fett , probe droid and other but all this stock is not numbered to 2500 with the number write on each item like the dewback , i have one of last 2496 on 2500

yes sideshow release fett , probe droid and other but all this stock is not numbered to 2500 with the number write on each item like the dewback , i have one of last 2496 on 2500

They could just re-release it without numbers. Still keeps the originals "technically" limited.

yo I just want to confirm.. the staff comes WITH the dewback, is that right? I see an ebay seller selling a dewback.. and then selling a desert sands detachment figure with the figure holding the staff. But I own all the sandtroopers. None came with a staff? So... where does the staff come from... the Dewback right??

Back