1/6th Scale Dewback

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
578821D7-C9B3-4E8E-BCB4-6FE907395227-39195-00001A5AFC0B42D4_zps051c7107.jpg

97B9AA31-03F9-4870-80A7-6EEC9FF717C0-39195-00001A5B0BCFA8B9_zps8e99b9b4.jpg

Here's a couple from my dio..

C3959DF3-CA78-4337-862A-AEE68567AD56-39195-00001A5B43747D37_zps2acea9b4.jpg

43CFA9CA-CB72-4CB8-80BA-E80F17CFEEBC-39195-00001A5AD0475A29_zpsff414295.jpg

Last edited:
damn that's a nice dio solo...............looks like it takes up a bit of room.

:clap

That does look awesome. It reminds of the Reptile exhibit at the zoo where the lizards are out in the open under heat lamps.

Good stuff, love it! :)

that is indeed a sweet setup!!!
I never thought of it being up high but now you inspired me ;)

@Solo_bones - Awesome display! Bigger is always better. 63.4 verified kinds of win in that diorama!

I was going to try something very similar until by bubble was burst by my disappointment with the Dewback.

i just got my dewback 2 days ago, i got No. 7 of 2500 :)
awesome display solo bone, im planning on doing one similar to yours but i´ll probably have to place it at work since my house is too small for it... and ofcourse my wife wouldn´t be happy with something this big in the living room

Wow! Thanks guys. It means a lot, as I have been all over this forum doing my research before I bought and as I do my rework and custom jobs.

I have been watching Barry'so and Chakaman's work for months now, and most of my rework has been as a result of your work. So, thanks again.

Unfortunately this side of my dio isn't the most attractive side, the other side makes it look more like its in the dunes, but there seemed to be lack of depth and texture so we added rock on to both elevate the dewback and to give it some depth, although we kept most of the rock only visible from this side of the dio.

Again, thanks!!

i just got my dewback 2 days ago, i got No. 7 of 2500 :)
awesome display solo bone, im planning on doing one similar to yours but i´ll probably have to place it at work since my house is too small for it... and ofcourse my wife wouldn´t be happy with something this big in the living room

Ooooh, that's SWEEET! You're going to have to buy that spare base on E-bay to preserve your #7. Congrats, and looking forward to seeing your dio.

Thanks, by the way. :)

You should consider getting a flickr account. It's free.

I usually link to photobucket, but they have to approve that too. Does Flickr let me bypass all of that scrutiny?

Photobucket is down for maintenance, at the moment.

just got in on this. got it from bigbadtoystore, they had a sale for it for like 206. mine just got delivered today, and gotta say its even nicer in hand. pictures definitely didn't do it justice and its also even bigger then I thought it was already from the pics. one of my more impressive pieces for sure. definitely really happy I got this. surprised its still available and thats its also on sale for so much lower then retail. wow.

tumblr_lpfxbgHxcl1qej55t.gif

For realz? What happened??? Just didn't dig it?

LOL...great gif.

I was just hugely disappointed that there was no articulation. It looks great for the most part and I realize that I am in a very unpopular minority on the issue. But an item that can not be posed just holds no interest for me.

Back