1/6th Scale Dewback

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Its funny, if it didn't have a permanent base, I would want it badly - the fact it has that little sculpted piece of sand you can't take it off from ruins it for me (stands are banned in my collection too!)

Its funny, if it didn't have a permanent base, I would want it badly - the fact it has that little sculpted piece of sand you can't take it off from ruins it for me (stands are banned in my collection too!)

I know what you mean.
There have been a few statues I wish did not come permanently attached to a base. It limits your displaying options.

it's not permanent although he would have a hard time standing on his own without it, he just has a peg in his foot that fits into a hole in the base.

it's not permanent although he would have a hard time standing on his own without it, he just has a peg in his foot that fits into a hole in the base.

There you go. Thanks for the feedback.

Maybe a hair dryer will help get him out of the desert. :D

Was just trolling through BBTS and they've discounted Dewie to $206.10. If I lived in the States, I'd jump all over this (shipping to Canada is $150.00).

Yeah, I received the mailer today and it was listed for $206.10. Only problem is shipping adds another $48. I know that's lower than international, but still considering a pass at this time. :(

Yeah, it's still expensive, no doubt (especially with so much stuff coming out now, too). Just nice to get this under MSRP even with shipping, if you're domestic.

I've thought about grabbing him. I can get him at $299 shipped which is good for Australia.

Problem is I was going to sell my Sand Trooper for other figures (I've been wanting Blade so bad but he's so expensive) but I think he'll look good with the Tusken Raider. It's a decision I'll have to think about.

Makes me wish even more that Bespin Luke was actually farm boy Luke. I'm a bit funny about having things match right. :wink1:

Hmmm, dewie with a Tusken is an interesting idea. I could see that working. Personally, I'd still like a Sandtrooper but I assumed Desert Sands was going to be an ongoing figure from Sideshow, so wasn't in a hurry to pick it up. Still seems stupid to me that Sideshow would let their Sandtrooper stock run out before they and their partners had sold out of the dewback. *grumble grumble*

Last edited:
Still seems stupid to me that Sideshow would let their Sandtrooper stock run out before they and their partners had sold out of the dewback. *grumble grumble*

Yeah I was lucky. The SS website went to the checking stock - check back later tag, then I left it an hour came back bought him then that was him gone from the site. So I must have snagged either the last one or one of very few that were left.

Thinking about it, now the Dewback is still available it would have been smarter to hold a few back and bundle them up with a discount.

I want this guy---But with any type of Spooktacular and Tigers WS tickets on the horizon---I need to pass

I am in the same boat have wanted one for a a long time but would rather have other figures at the moment....its so sad.

i'm in the same boat. Have all 4 sands on display and this dewback would make for a great companion. Might pull the trigger early 2013 if no new 'big' announcement is made for the 1/6 line by then.

Hmmm, dewie with a Tusken is an interesting idea. I could see that working. Personally, I'd still like a Sandtrooper but I assumed Desert Sands was going to be an ongoing figure from Sideshow, so wasn't in a hurry to pick it up. Still seems stupid to me that Sideshow would let their Sandtrooper stock run out before they and their partners had sold out of the dewback. *grumble grumble*

Yeah, this one doesn't make any sense. Same with how the Emperor is long sold out but they still have thrones available.

I'm hoping this guy sticks around for a while, as I might be able to get him in the early part of 2013.

I made a custom "larger" diorama.

IMG_2399.jpg
IMG_2376.jpg

IMG_2402.jpg

IMG_2379.jpg

Back