1/6th Scale Dewback

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
tumblr_m87g9v5DQK1qgfmalo1_500.gif

**nod's a King Darkness**

While not quite "Jackman Jesus" epic, this is still epic in it's own right :lol

Brahaha! :rotfl Yeah, not quite that epic, but I sure appreciate the appreciation. :yess:

Solo, did you spray down the sand with something to hold it in place?

In other words, is there anything holding the sand together to keep it from crumbling?

Solo, did you spray down the sand with something to hold it in place?

In other words, is there anything holding the sand together to keep it from crumbling?

I didn't spray the sand to hold it in place, but I did create certain types of dune hills that are better able to hold steeper angles. The sand holds on it's own. At least the type I am using. That said..

You just need to create your own landscape and then pour sand on top of it. You can do what ever you want, but this is how I did it:

Medium and substrate:
I used crush coral sand, it's whiter than regular sand and it has multiple types of different grades of coarseness and fineness. So I could use really fine sand on the top and course sand on the bottom and near the crevices so it looked like it blew around naturally.

Sand dunes and base:
I had to make my own plexi-glass case and the guys who cut the glass wouldn't cut the strips any smaller than 3". So I had a 3" lip to deal with, so we eventually ended up putting about 2-1/2" of base sand, but the center isn't all sand.

The core is actually foam insulation board and 3/4ths of the top is topped off with a 1/8 wood top so I could screw down the hill I made for the dewback. I used cut up wood scraps from remodel work my neighbor was doing to create a elevated base for the dewback, which sat on top of some punch board I used for the first portion of elevation base and finished it with screen and screwed it into the 1/8th wood top. That way I could make a rock side wall for the back to keep the elevation without the sand falling over the other side where the hill base was just an inch from my plexiglass lip.

Then I put wood putty on the screen to seal up the holes, so the sand wouldn't sift through it...then I covered some of the wood putty with some ceramic tile glue and after it dried I scraped clay on it to give it a two tone look and to match the false rock we purchased from a quarry that makes rocks from cement for walls (environment friendly).

I could shape the hill surrounding the dewback base because the screen was malleable. So i did that before the wood putty and ceramic glue dried...then it ended up looking like natural rock/sand base.

After that i just poured the sand on top. It hasn't moved since. I can even put foot prints from the sand trooper and dewback on the top to make it look like they were walking around.

I will include some of the phases in a link...so you can see.

:lecture You certainly have the thing secure and I do like the idea of keeping the sand loose so you can come back later and make tracks. Brilliant! :clap

:censored:censored:censored
I was going to order the Dewback from BBTS for $206 last night but I waited.
Now I went to the site and it's sold out!
:gah:
The figure was mint but the box had condition issues,which I don't care about.
That was a good price,even after the shipping cost it's still under the $299 at the SSC site and yes I know it's free shipping at SSC but $299 is a lot!
Oh well maybe some one will buy it for me for Christmas!
:pray:

I've said it before but I have to say it again. WOW :yess: I enjoyed the creation pics. Very well planned out.

Which Sandtroooper are you guys posing on top of the Dewback?
Is there a certain one that's suppose to ride it?
I have 2 Sandtrooopers one with the orange shoulder guard and one that's the sergeant.
Were there any other Sandtrooopers from SSC made?
If so what did they look like?

i'm actually still looking for just one for my ssc dewback. bought it a few months back and still have yet to find one (reasonably priced) for my dewey.

Which Sandtroooper are you guys posing on top of the Dewback?
Is there a certain one that's suppose to ride it?
I have 2 Sandtrooopers one with the orange shoulder guard and one that's the sergeant.
Were there any other Sandtrooopers from SSC made?
If so what did they look like?

I believe there are 3.
The shoulder pauldron in orange, black, and white.

Just got this monsterthanks to Irish, its sick

This is what pisses me off about SS, when the release something its always IMO awesome, just takes so ****in long to release 1:6th figs.

Can anyone who has this please tell me the height of the Dewback with a Sandtrooper mounted on top.

The Dewback by itself is listed at 16" high. I need total height with mounted rider.

Thank you.

Can anyone who has this please tell me the height of the Dewback with a Sandtrooper mounted on top.

The Dewback by itself is listed at 16" high. I need total height with mounted rider.

Thank you.

Hi,

It's about 19 - 20 inches high depending on the position of the rider.

Although its about 23 inches high if you have a tiny Christmas Hat on the rider!!!!!

Jay.

Back