1/6th Scale Dewback

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Siiiiiiiigggghh...had to cancel my order for this because the combination of Christmas and HT hits like Jack Sparrow and Supes proved to be financially bad news for my dewie. :( :monkey2 Will have to back and scoop one up once Christmas has passed, the pics prove this thing is a must have, at least to my way of thinking. :panic:

mine too.
it certainly looks mighty fine.
I do hope this sells out...Sideshow will be up for making more beasts and things then for sure.

I'll more then likely pick this up next year. If it sells out before that, then it wasn't in the stars for me.

Got mine last night, only minor damage to the box, but the packing job on this was nothing short of ridiculous, it's pure luck if you get a perfect box.

With it in hand I have to say I am blown away, not a single imperfection on mine and the paint apps IMO are excellent. The color could be a tad darker to be more screen accurate, but I don't mind it a bit.

This is my single favorite SST piece to date, I really think they just knocked it out of the ballpark on this one. The only odd thing is how light the actual Dewback is, I had thought it would not be so light even if it is hollow. If the thing ever took a shelf dive it would be something akin to the lamp in a Christmas Story :santa

When you get your Sandies around the piece, it just brings you right back to the scene. An absolute must for a trooper collector.

Well I did it! I placed my order today.

I couldn't take it anymore. I've heard so many positive reviews that I had to have this set.

Yama's video and "the Fuzz's" reality check gave me the shove I needed. Thanks guys.

I received an early Christmas Present from Sideshow today! A Dewback arrived!

Alas, I cannot open it up, as this was on the box:

IMG_3362.JPG

So I'll have to wait...

those who have it, seriously do you think its worth the $ you pay for it? I am still on the fence coz I find it a tad too high

I don't understand how people can moan about that pricetag. This is a truely huge chunk of Polystone. They could have easily charged 500,-- for it. To be honest i was quite suprised to see a pricetag under 300,--.

I mean we collectors are used to that prices (just look at Hot Toys, or even that dumb IG-88 will be 200,--). Keeping that in mind the price for someting huge and detailed like the Dewback is really low. Especially if you think of it as a statue (which it technically is).

I don't want to speak for higher prices here. But in this special case (the Dewback) i really can't comprehend all that complaining about the price.

It all comes down to priorities and desires really. Assuming you can easily afford this and this isn't completely wrecking your real life budget, that is another matter completely.

I do not own this personally, but I would easily trade 3 1/6th scale figures for it, but that's me. I prefer fewer high quality pieces with a real wow factor over many decent pieces. Of course the down side is its hard to represent as many characters that way.

I am sticking to OT PF mostly, but I could really see putting this in as well, it just reeks of sophistication.

I feel no matter what type of collector you are, it is a niche market.
We are privileged to be able to afford high end niche collectables its not how expensive one item is, b/c personally they are all expensive and any lay person would think one is mad to pay such a price for such items.

Liken to when i hear women pay 100s of $ for shoes i will never understand ( as there just shoes) or a person spending 100s to 1000s of dollars for a watch,. This is the same reason why they don't understand why we have an affinity to starwars collectables and pay the price we do..
Which brings me to my point, will it be a regrettable buy, that's the most important thing for me b/c i already know they are expensive items to the lay person.
I hear it occasionally when my wife's friends or my relatives comes over when they ask. LOL. Then i point them to their watch , shoes, or there expensive night out, holiday, blah blah blah.

If i were to buy the dewback it would not be a regrettable buy :) for me
I love the statue, but it would not go with my theme of 1/10 figures from Sideshow statues.

My SS Rancore and my holly grail SS dewback and sand trooper (which i was blessed to obtain a month ago, after 3 years of searching) look absolutely awesome together (they look like a diorama thanks to Mandibles suggestion).
Might have to make a small diorama of them.

Any how if anyone is interested in pictures of my ss rancore and dewback together im happy to post.

In addition if someone has the SS dewback and the 1/6 dewback could they take a picture of both together so i can compare the 2, as if they look great together i may be converted :):)

Remember Its never expensive if you don't regret the purchase

:)

Back