1/6th Custom/Bashed Hoth Stormtrooper

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I really dont think it matters too much. I cant afford TT's all the time so I go for less expensive alternatives. I would rather go cheap on the body and spend the money for a Tomy helmet, but thats just me. :)

TT= True type?

I see where you are coming from. Mine is just going to be sitting on the bike, so it don't have to be the best, just able to sit on the bike.

Finally I got hold of a Hasbro Snowtrooper. Although the best around for now, I was shocked how poorly it was done compared to Sideshow products.
All gum instead of hard plastic! Snow, you should cast those parts and redo them in white hard plastic, I'll say!!
And Hasbro's dirt / weathering is way too much, IMO. This is def worth a massive overwork!

Plans are:
- other body
- find white jumpsuit and other cape
- fill holes and repaint whole armour to more white and glossy
- seperate belt and ramalamadingdong protection
- beveling helmet and repaint / gloss
- use white painted stormtrooper hands
- find better boots
- use SS E11

Aaaw, Sideshow, why don't you get a Hoth Stormtrooper / Snowtrooper going?

It is a lot of work, but a lot of fun. :)

I reworked a couple of these guys a year or so ago and now realize that they need to be reworked again. They are sitting on my bench and are next on my list after I finish my bounty hunters.

Looking forward to seeing some pics Gent. Especially pictures of the boots. :D

When reading some of the custom threads here (don`t recall who) but they stated the GG bust HOTH Imp has the most accurate helmet.

I`m sorting out new white clothing and if I can re-enforce the armour (though someone casting in hard plastic is a great idea) and if I can cloth boots (though that`s up in the air).
One other thing I`m contemplating is a mask on the face for under the helmet to aid with breathing in cold climates.

Is it just me that thinks that the Snowtrooper needs (relatively) little work to bring it up to spec ? All the armour needs is a repaint and a gloss coat and the boots only need a repaint as well .:dunno

If you repaint the armour, the fabric parts would need some destaining, too! Not because it wont fit, but because it is poorly done?

Snow, have you thought about the ideao of casting those wobbly gum parts of the Hasbro Snowtrooper armour to get some harder, more white and glossy, stormtrooper like armour?

Nice side effect would be to make some corrections on the lower protective part and hell, yeah, I think the helmet is too big after all; but that would be phase 2, I guess.

Tried to start a new thread but somehow there's a memory error that doesn't allow me to?! Anyway:

Due to the positive results of the Sam Witwer Sculpt Interest thread, I thought I'd start this one. Okay, so:

Sideshow hasn't turned focus on the classic OT Hoth Snowtrooper. My thought is if someone (maybe me, maybe someone else) would start to cast (and maybe improve by size) the clumsy Hasbro armour including helmet if there would be enough people to make it a nonprofit but win/win situation. A hard white cast would really improve the look compared to those yummygummy Hasbro Parts; Snow did proove this with the Biker Scout armour!
Plus: The casted white armour can also be used for a Snowtrooper Captain and a Snowtrooper General plus, of course painted grey, for a General Veers!

Whattayasay?

It's this picture that doesn't get out of my mind (it shows the Snowtrooper Captain!):
Snowtrooper_Captain.jpg

As you can see there are def some varieties on the helmet, the belt and ramalamadingdong proctection that need to be fixed also.

I have that picture as my desktop background.
Just made a pair of Bino`s based on the one`s the Capt is holding.

I`d be interested price depending on the HOTH trooper project.

Few Ideas.....

For the "ramalamadingdong" protection, what about a shaved down set of Boba Fett Groin armour with the dent filled in of course and new sides added?

The fore-arm armour, are they going to be fully sealed around the wrists?

The trooper has back armour to (in that artwork), this going to be the plan? or a Harness or BOTH options?

What's that got to do with this thread? Because of the ESB-relation?

As you can see from the GG Mini Bust and the Kotobukiya and well, yes, mostly from the Hasbro one, Snowtroopers very often come with dirt weathering and what's bothering me most, also the armour is mostly cream white to nicotine yellow.
I'd prefer a clean white one in every detail, what do you think?

There seems to be a real "anti-Hasbro Snowtrooper " feeling to this thread ! The problems you are highlighting can be fixed easily enough with a repaint and replacing/tweaking of a few parts . And I hate to be negative , but the above picture ( good though it is ) seems a little "off" to me . The helmet's shape doesn't look quite right .:dunno

Um, no, this time all I was about was the colour. I'm working on my custom one with Hasbro parts (there not that bad) and just wanted to see some opinions ... And yes, the pic is a bit too off, but rocks! Still the OF movie stills will be my guiding light.

So about the colour: whiteywhite, weatheredwhite or lightgrey? Any more opinions?

Back