1/6th Custom/Bashed Hoth Stormtrooper

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
sounds great dorgs. planning on using it for some dengar armor. his armors pretty beat up so it should work out just fine :)

Here's my take on the Hoth Trooper . This was one of the first bashes I did , but I think it still looks o.k . I intend to get round to replacing the boots at some point , but I'll probably wait until I pick up another as I ultimately want to put together a " fire-team".
028.jpg
029.jpg

030.jpg

Cheap'n cheerful this one ( that's the beauty of the Hasbro figure ) , all I did was swap over the body ( to a D.M.L ) , replaced the hands/gauntlets (from a Sideshow Civil War figure with the detail from the Hasbro gloves added ) , replaced all the elastic on the armour with thicker elastic and added a little weathering and a gloss coat for the armour . The weapon is a D.M.L MG 34 with an added sight from the bits box . :wink1:

@Thundergod:
Why did you choose DML? Do you think a ACI Toys: Figure Set A body would do the same? Don't really wanna go for SS bodies, there are said to be wacky.

@Big Guy:
Pics, please, Senor!

@Thundergod:
Why did you choose DML? Do you think a ACI Toys: Figure Set A body would do the same? Don't really wanna go for SS bodies, there are said to be wacky.

@Big Guy:
Pics, please, Senor!

I chose DML purely because I had a few hanging around . ACI Toys or TTL would be my choice if I did the figure now .:wink1:

Hey guys those are some cool snowtroopers. Hasbro did a pretty good job on this guy. Did you guys us the Koto armor?

I just got a hold of a 2 12" Speeder bikes and I decided to make a Hoth pPatrol Speeder with Scout. As far as I know there is only one reference pic of the speeder. So it looks like I need to,

#1 Repaint the Speeder some kind of white
#2 Put a Scout helmet on the Snowtrooper
#3 Put a Scout backpack on the Snowtrooper
#4 Put the Snowtroopers Backpack on the back of the speeder and add a hose.

Any idea which helmet I should use for the Scout helmet? Koto's maybe? Anyone have a cast of that?

Thanks. I believe the only things that change is the helmet & backpack swap and the kama comes off. Other than that he's 100% Snowtrooper.

The only Tomy helmet I can find is one on e-bay for $35. Seems high.

dh4 thanks for posting the 1/6 custom HOTH (cold weather) biker scout, never seen a 1/6th bversion of this IMP.

OT Freak I also plan on attempting this figure sometime.

Thanks. I believe the only things that change is the helmet & backpack swap and the kama comes off. Other than that he's 100% Snowtrooper.

The only Tomy helmet I can find is one on e-bay for $35. Seems high.

Although a smidgeon large , I have no problem with the hasbro helmet . I still think the Tomy , though well detailed , looks a lttle small when on a 1/6 body . Check out reference of the 1/1 scout . Pretty big, noggin wise ! :wink1:

Any ideas on new Snow Boots? I looked on e-bay and there's nothing.

As for the helmet I'm leaning towards the Tomy. Not that I want to buy one for $35, but the Hasbro one looks kind of cartoony.

No idea on boots. I am reworking my Hoth troopers and am trying to get the boots figured out. Im curious to see what you come up with.

I also would go with the Tomy helmet. To me, the Hasbro one is too big and not detailed enough. They are expensive, but I feel worth it.

Back