1/6 VTS TOYS - Wasteland Ranger: The Road to Hell

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just got mine weathered yesterday, so happy with this figure
sorry for the blurred pic

IMG_20170511_152243.jpg
IMG_20170511_150625_hdr.jpg
IMG_20170511_150700_hdr.jpg
IMG_20170511_151512_hdr.jpg
IMG_20170511_151724_hdr.jpg
IMG_20170511_151819_hdr.jpg
IMG_20170511_152132.jpg

Can someone please show a pic of the holster close up.... I'm new to 1/6th and am having trouble knowing what fits where...

Decided to make a Movie + Game Hybrid Max. Can't find any Mel or Game Max head so:

IMG_6060 resize.jpg

IMG_6542 resize.jpg

gave up on the multitool. they just don't exist.

Great stuff.
I think the Mad Max game is one of the most underrated ever!

Are these clothes off the hot toys terminator?

The clothes are from VTS Wasteland Ranger. Added leather shoulder strap, buckle, rivet, hooks etc on the original belt. all can be gotten for $20 on ebay. The 2 spring action hook cost more because i had to buy a Chain just to get the hooks. Holster made from scrap leather.

Only the boots are from HT terminator.

Black shirt just generic DAM Toys shirt trimmed on the neck area. Shotgun & Brace from Arts. Since i have both VTS & Arts, though i make 2 Max.

No weathering done.

To be honest, the Binoculars & fingerless glove the hardest to get. Forgot where i got the glove but it was pleather but the pleather cracked so left the fabric. I got the right Binoculars but didn't notice it's soft plastic & has no articulation... maybe should have gotten HT Batman Binoculars.

Of course the multiknife is impossible to get.

Great stuff.
I think the Mad Max game is one of the most underrated ever!

couldn't find any Mad Max game head, so this one the closest. at least looks better than the other Max head but the head doesn't fit as good on the neck.

anyway i have snapshots of Max in Game, i can't figure out how to mount the Canteen & Binoculars, the designer was lazy just "Glued" it onto him. also the game Max has wrench on his boots which i find ugly. also small waist pouch. i only used Classic Max outfit as reference coz other outfits have too many non original stuffs like vest, pouches etc. so i decided this is how it's gonna be. too bad for the multiknife.

couldn't find any Mad Max game head, so this one the closest. at least looks better than the other Max head but the head doesn't fit as good on the neck.

anyway i have snapshots of Max in Game, i can't figure out how to mount the Canteen & Binoculars, the designer was lazy just "Glued" it onto him. also the game Max has wrench on his boots which i find ugly. also small waist pouch. i only used Classic Max outfit as reference coz other outfits have too many non original stuffs like vest, pouches etc. so i decided this is how it's gonna be. too bad for the multiknife.
It wasn't a wrench in his boot it was wire cutters, the look of the game is more of the beginning of fury road then anything, only without the majority of gear you get in the game. Your figure could be closer to his road warrior outfit at the opening of the game. Which he loses, Then you get the more fury road look after.

It wasn't a wrench in his boot it was wire cutters, the look of the game is more of the beginning of fury road then anything, only without the majority of gear you get in the game. Your figure could be closer to his road warrior outfit at the opening of the game. Which he loses, Then you get the more fury road look after.

here's a screen cap on the tools he had with his final outfit "Classic Max" with minimal equipments.

MadMax 2017-03-13 16-27-02-85.jpg

MadMax 2017-03-13 16-16-40-21.jpg

as you can see he has way too many tools around him. some seems like just cut & paste onto the model for example the canteen.

2 big things missing, knee pad & multi knife to make it closer to original max.

i have a canteen, goggles & a jerrycan, but they just look out of place when i put them on.

with the final outfit he doesn't have the dog tags but since i already purchased it i put it on. can't remember if he had the paracords at the beginning but since i colored all the paracords according to fury road i don't have the original color left.

Yeah that's the last outfit you get which is his original from the opening of the game. The one you wear and upgrade before is more like fury road. It looks that way cause its not supposed to fit that outfit. It wasn't done properly for this outfit the tools he has.

Only thing about this look is the boots are more thunderdoom inspired. One being his original MFP boot and the other a cowboy boot with steel toe.

Yeah that's the last outfit you get which is his original from the opening of the game. The one you wear and upgrade before is more like fury road. It looks that way cause its not supposed to fit that outfit. It wasn't done properly for this outfit the tools he has.

ok looking back at some of my screenshots, there is 1 outfit early in the game that looks similar to the final outfit, but the belt has a hip area where the canteen may be hooked onto it. other than that, the wrench/wire cutter still seems out of place on the boot, and the crowbar seems to just blutac on the shotgun holster.

anyway don't think i will work on the figure any further, until the day i can find a Multiknife & proper knee pads. I have a folding knife but still looks different. The only way to get a knee pad now is custom make one. no such kneepads in the market so far.

I'm still really tempted to get one of these. It's not a must-have character for me, and I already have way too many preorders this year as it is... but it's still a great looking figure that would be cool to have next to Furiosa when I get her...

Plus it does look like something that would be really fun to weather and dirty up. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back