1/6 VTS TOYS - Wasteland Ranger: The Road to Hell

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for the indications, luisenigma! What about durability of the paint coat, is it suppossed to rub under manipulation? I have used acrylics before but over rigid surfaces, don't know about the effects on "textiles". I guess varnish would be pointless...

It will rub off depending on how much you put but you can always use a sealer on it after. When I paint mine I had to dry brush it on. Again it's trial and error so no matter what you can always rework it.

Thanks for the indications, luisenigma! What about durability of the paint coat, is it suppossed to rub under manipulation? I have used acrylics before but over rigid surfaces, don't know about the effects on "textiles". I guess varnish would be pointless...

Acrylic works well if thinned properly. if you want oil stains then diluted acrylic should stay well on fabrics, but will come off easily on pleather due to the slippery surface. for dirt & sand effects you need to dry brush or use weathering powders which i find more realistic, then to keep it from coming off you need to spray a layer of clear coat. I have tried thin coats of flat clear on fabrics they work well but since the jacket is glossy finish it would be tricky as applying flat coats will change the pleather looks and if you apply semi-gloss or gloss it will make the weathering look unrealistic.

most 3A pleather jackets have been applied with some sort of thin finishing coating to preserve the weathering.

Thanks a lot for the info,potato!
About those weathering powders...any commercial reference? I tought they will come off very easy, just by toaching the surface (like real powder,you know)...then it is possible to combine those powders with thin layers of clear coating,right?
I ask about weathering so much because colour-wise AF may look more accurate,but feeling/texture/volume, VTS is way WAY better IMO. Had they painted it brown rather than glossy black, it would the best figure for sure...

Thanks a lot for the info,potato!
About those weathering powders...any commercial reference? I tought they will come off very easy, just by toaching the surface (like real powder,you know)...then it is possible to combine those powders with thin layers of clear coating,right?
I ask about weathering so much because colour-wise AF may look more accurate,but feeling/texture/volume, VTS is way WAY better IMO. Had they painted it brown rather than glossy black, it would the best figure for sure...

You can get full set of weathering powder by Tamiya from Hobbysearch 1999.co.jp, price are affordable shipping rate is good.

they do come off easily on non-fabrics or fabrics with smooth threads but stick quite well with rough shirts. also another way to make it stick better is use it like water color wet your brush with few sprays of water and dip in the powder and weather away. but best way is to seal it with light coats of clear coat. but be careful when wet brushing equipments it seems to eat away some of the paint like my AF Sniper Rifle paint gets washed up. But they stick better compared to applying it dry.

IMG_5985 resize.jpg

No that's what I got...never noticed that it has no blood.

you can use color pencil "Reddish Brown" and fill the wounds with it to make it look like drying blood. add abit of gloss coat to make it look fresh. and dark brown on the edge of the wound to make it look open.

but be careful when wet brushing equipments it seems to eat away some of the paint like my AF Sniper Rifle paint gets washed up. But they stick better compared to applying it dry.

View attachment 330160

Wow,that looks nice to me...

I guess i could try and see what happens, thanks guys for your feedback on this!

Regarding the brothers head sculpt, do you think it looks ok? Anyways, what would be the best way to attach it to original vts body? Through neck insert, You know,without changing the body...

Wow,that looks nice to me...

I guess i could try and see what happens, thanks guys for your feedback on this!

Regarding the brothers head sculpt, do you think it looks ok? Anyways, what would be the best way to attach it to original vts body? Through neck insert, You know,without changing the body...

you can see the original brown paint bleeding towards the edge. the ones in the grooves i repainted using brown marker and forgot to reapply the poweder.

Modern Life is the best but they are rare and expensive. The VTS head is the best overall in terms of price & quality. The Brothers has better paint job but the eyes are ugly. The Eleven sculpt looks like Paul Walker but if you need a neckless head it's the best bang for buck. The AF figure actually has best resemblance however the hair & paintjob makes it look like the worst. Also there is a Kumik head which has it's own unique look.

I'm not a fan of the original body and i prefer bodies with sculpted arms. there are sculpted arms designed for neck sculpts but they are slightly more expensive. search for 1/6 ZC Body you will find 2 versions 1 with neck 1 without.

Anyway these are mine might not suit your taste.

I don't like the sculpt but i have problem finding an alternative.

VTS is too expensive & precious.

Am thinking of maybe Last Of Us beard guy, but he looks different from the Max in the Game version. but i think he will look better.

IMG_6060 resize.jpg

IMG_6064 resize.jpg

IMG_6065 resize.jpg

IMG_6096 resize.jpg

IMG_6116 resize.jpg

there are sculpted arms designed for neck sculpts but they are slightly more expensive. search for 1/6 ZC Body you will find 2 versions 1 with neck 1 without.

Sounds great,thanks! I wonder if muscular zc body would work fine with vts outfit, seems too bulky for the shirt+jacket+vest...any feedback on this? On the other hand, sculpted arms look nice!!

Your figure looks perfect for me, potato...anyway, the look of max along the films and videogame seems very inconsistent (probably delibertaly) so any option should be fine...

I am really considering getting the brothers headsculpt, recasting and over sculpting it.. If only his eyes were a bit smaller...

Sounds great,thanks! I wonder if muscular zc body would work fine with vts outfit, seems too bulky for the shirt+jacket+vest...any feedback on this? On the other hand, sculpted arms look nice!!

Your figure looks perfect for me, potato...anyway, the look of max along the films and videogame seems very inconsistent (probably delibertaly) so any option should be fine...

I am really considering getting the brothers headsculpt, recasting and over sculpting it.. If only his eyes were a bit smaller...

some folks will tell you it'd be too tight i can't tell you since i'm using different shirt. they cost $25, if it doesn't fit you can always use them on other stuff.

why would you want to recast a brother sculpt, since the only thing good about it is the paint app which means nothing if you plan on recasting. maybe you should try repainting the AF sculpt if you are good at painting.

or are you that dissatisfied with the VTS head?

For me the vts head is better than AF, but seeing vts next to brother makes me think the brother is much better...maybe its all about the paint, i dont have both in hand to compare...all of you seem to agree VTS is the best one, though.

I love the Brother HS as I do the VTS. If the pupils were just a fraction smaller the Brother would be perfect.

b12192c2e9a63a92fed0583f8f6c277f.jpg
c63ba18a28baa32033cc46a612342c04.jpg
428b4b0a698244869f67db4c853b9307.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

944a43369be7a52e17d0d7b09e0b02da.jpg
8ea1b80d2b83b8d3ce151027a05a099d.jpg

Finally got mine! Thanks so much for the suggestion guys!

从我的 iPhone 发送,使用 Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back