1/6 VTS TOYS - Wasteland Ranger: The Road to Hell

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
As sculpts go the Brother Max is top quality, from the pores, wrinkles, hair and wounds to the paintwork.

It's what you expect to get from Hot Toys.

As far as likeness goes, I'm not sure until I put it on a figure or compare it to the VTS and Eleven. Tom Hardy is a bit of a chameleon.

...don't bother with the Brother Max.

Sculpt and paint are top notch, but likeness isn't there. I prefer the Eleven.

Also, the opening at the neck is too small even for a muscle body that's had the neck plug pulled out.

Quick snap of mine. (Yes the knife is in the wrong pouch :wink1:)

IMG_20170126_1230477.jpg

As sculpts go the Brother Max is top quality, from the pores, wrinkles, hair and wounds to the paintwork.

It's what you expect to get from Hot Toys.

As far as likeness goes, I'm not sure until I put it on a figure or compare it to the VTS and Eleven. Tom Hardy is a bit of a chameleon.

57250178.jpg

Just got this back from Jake he dI'd an amazing job. If you want anyone to do a paint up its him. Will have him on the body in a few.20170126_153632.jpg

Don't know how to get the pics to be in the correct side. But here he is with the sculpt. 20170126_161926.jpg20170126_162011.jpg

I'm not using the normal body. This is the bruce banner HT body. But I did do that to the original body and it wasn't hard it's an easy removal and it won't damage the pants.

I'm not using the normal body. This is the bruce banner HT body. But I did do that to the original body and it wasn't hard it's an easy removal and it won't damage the pants.
Man that body fits perfectly. Looks very nice. Okay, I'm gonna try to take those things out someday soon. Thanks.

Nope that's the Brothers Production one. My max is finally finished got the fullmetal leg brace. It's amazing real metal and it functions perfectly. Be care full with the white strap I undid it to pu the leg brace on put it back on used a bit of force to tighten it and it snapped off a piece not alot to where it destroyed the strap just a bit. But here it is. 20170203_150934.jpg20170203_150927.jpg

Finally unboxed mine.
In hand looks nice but changed it over to the Crazy Racer jacket/pants and it looks super much better.

I got mine in over the weekend and i have to say this figure is AWESOME!!!! I have never bought a non-licensed or custom figure before. But I am a huge fan of the film and didnt want to pass this up and when I saw they were doing Furiosa that sealed the deal for me to get this. Max is far better than i ever expected it to be. The sculpt is wonderful and the accessories are fantastic. Is it 100% perfectly accurate? No. But its pretty close and really nice out of the box. I have no complaints about any of the accuracy. Its a figure to represent the movie for me, and they did a great job at a great price. It took a while to put all the accessories together but i thought it was fun.

It's pretty cool how a lot of you are trying to improve it. I think the leg brace is really the only thing I would like to improve, but its ok, i prefer stock figures, and i am not a customizer.

Overall i give this a 10/10 figure. Its one of my favorites that I own now. Can't wait to get Furiosa!!! If there was 1 figure i would want from any film out there, it would be her :)

Here is a pic of my Max.

IMG_1235.JPG

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back