1/6 VTS TOYS - Wasteland Ranger: The Road to Hell

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Man, that bike is looking awesome!

Anywhere (besides ebay) that still has this figure in stock? Preferably a place from the US :pray:

I got mine from Monkey Depot in the US...I think that they still have it in stock.

Man, that bike is looking awesome!

Anywhere (besides ebay) that still has this figure in stock? Preferably a place from the US :pray:

I got mine from Monkey Depot to, but I thought that was the last one. I do see it listed still.
https://www.monkeydepot.com/Boxed_Figure_VTS_Wasteland_Ranger_VM_014_p/dmb0082.htm

If not, Toy Anxiety should have one listed soon.
I know they listed it in their thread "Coming soon". And since Monkey Depot & TA are in the same state and
most likely get it from the same wholesaler, it should be listed soon. I just checked and it's not listed yet.
My guess would be in the next few days they should have one up for sale

Or you can just contact them, maybe they'll let you know approx time.

Damnit that looks amazing would love to have one for max. Looks exactly like how it did in the film too.

It is very very close to film accurate. I'd say the only part that's off is the
type of wheel.

Here's the bike from the film, when they had them on a promotional tour.
As you can see, it doesn't have wire wheels like the 1/6 version has. But everything else is pretty much spot on.
mmfr%20moto%202_zpsglefmtdz.jpg

Based on this cheap swat bike
8892f70c265b4384b17321ba3cbf4097.jpg

Sent from my SM-N920C using Tapatalk

It does look fairly close. Amazing work went into that bike. Now that Furiosa is being done hope for an immortan joe next. Lol

Mine just arrived today .... ehhh looks like way too much effort to put this together. :)
And the inner packaging is by far the worst I've ever seen on a 1/6 figure. It's literally just folded thick paper. Mine tore just opening it.

Mine just arrived today .... ehhh looks like way too much effort to put this together. :)
And the inner packaging is by far the worst I've ever seen on a 1/6 figure. It's literally just folded thick paper. Mine tore just opening it.

They ran out of boxes. Seriously. So seems like it sold well.

Got mine on the weekend. Had fun and a spare hour to put together. Bring on furiosa! I may darken the upper part of the hair and the beard slightly to make more contrast. Great figure overall. Solid 8.5/10 for me.

Anyone still looking for this I think Timewalker Toys has a few remaining even though it shows waitlisted. Just call Steve direct.

I just bought one for myself... finally.

Received this last week and I can't be more happy with it. Surprised with the sculpt and the overall look of the piece, can't wait for his female partner.max_out_out copia.jpg

Attachments

• 1 (1).jpg
    1 (1).jpg
    67.8 KB · Views: 364
Well my leg brace broke. This flimsy thing isn't worth anything. Luckily I have one payment to make for the fullmetal brace. This will help with my situation. You guys be careful cause it brakes easy.

Just receipt today , The pictures dont do justice to this figure , nice in picture , incredible in real

image.jpg

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    324.7 KB · Views: 303
hi, I'm interested in this piece. how's the paint apps in compare with hot toys?

The paint is pretty good, but not at Hot Toys' level. The weathering they added to the leather was great, but I ended up adding a bit more to my figure. This is one of those figures where each detail can be tweaked endlessly for each collector to enjoy their own way, as opposed to some Hot Toy figures that look great out of the box and never need additional weathering, paint apps or aftermarket accessories

The paint is pretty good, but not at Hot Toys' level. The weathering they added to the leather was great, but I ended up adding a bit more to my figure. This is one of those figures where each detail can be tweaked endlessly for each collector to enjoy their own way, as opposed to some Hot Toy figures that look great out of the box and never need additional weathering, paint apps or aftermarket accessories
thank you for your time writing this. hot toys always upping their game in scultping & paint application, so it's hard for competitiors to be on their level. after read your suggestion, I think I'll give VTS a chance with this figure. greatly appreciate it pal:hi5:

Yeah and the price of this vs. ANY Hot Toys figure released right now adds yet another positive for getting this.

Just re-watched Mad Max Fury Road. Man VTS did a great job on this. The jacket seems to be deer skin tan coloured in the movie vs the darker jacket that we get. (likely the heavy yellow filter they filmed the movie in) Nevertheless, if your a fan of the movie this figure is a no-brainer. Hot Toys will never touch this license.

thank you for your time writing this. hot toys always upping their game in scultping & paint application, so it's hard for competitiors to be on their level. after read your suggestion, I think I'll give VTS a chance with this figure. greatly appreciate it pal:hi5:
In my opinion, Hot Toys is far from the top of their game, and the paint/sculpt quality has decreased quite a bit from their high, probably 3-4 years ago. Now the sculpts are much "softer" and the paint is hit-and-miss. I say that Wasteland Ranger's paintwork is very much in line with the last few HT figures I've received (Star Wars figures).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back