1/6 VTS TOYS - Wasteland Ranger: The Road to Hell

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mr.E is correct. His harnesses are amazing and fit any pair of 1/6th boots or mainly any that are german marching boots.

Thought I canceled this guy awhile back and was surprised to see him delivered to my house yesterday from Timewalkertoys.com! So glad I didn't cancel now. Looks great! I'll probably do some weathering after the holidays when I have more time, but even out of the box he's still pretty great.

IMG_20161220_092115_361.jpgIMG_20161220_091810_341.jpgIMG_20161220_091044_066.jpgIMG_20161220_091448_344.jpgIMG_20161220_092225_534.jpgIMG_20161220_091158_160.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

Thought I canceled this guy awhile back and was surprised to see him delivered to my house yesterday from Timewalkertoys.com! So glad I didn't cancel now. Looks great! I'll probably do some weathering after the holidays when I have more time, but even out of the box he's still pretty great.

View attachment 311374View attachment 311375View attachment 311377View attachment 311378View attachment 311379View attachment 311380

Is that really straight out of the box?! That's a lot of cool weathering already on the leathers.

Yes sir. Straight out of the box and put together. I haven't done any weathering yet.

Damn, well guess I'm not going to bother with mods. That looks great!

Thanks. I used acrylic paint. I just brushed it on a paper towel and then dabbed it on the clothes. I actually re-visited the outfit and cleaned it and this time I mixed the acrylic with some alcohol and put it on the outfit and let it dry. Then dry brushed the rest on. I did this cause acrylics peal off, so dry brushing it is like sand on clothes, it will dye the outfit. And alcohol drys quick as well. I will show pics later on.

Yea cool, please post pics. I may have a go at doing the same over the Xmas holidays...

I just used normal medical alcohol. You can get at a drug store. Put a little bit with a bit of paint and mixed it the cleaned it on the paper towel and dabbed it on the outfit. I even wiped it with my fingers so it leaves a greyish look to it. Then I take the acrylic and dry brush it. But I mean it needs to be dry. Hope that helps.

Here is the new look. And also the figure is headless cause I'm having my friend darken the beard. And I also bleached the Art Figures shirt it's the correct color now. I thank Jake Rahmier for giving me tips on the outfit.20161221_130209.jpg20161221_130227.jpg

Damn Luisenigma1 that is an awesome color match to the movie

Thank you. It came out well after redoing it. It's more close to sand on leather. And when it comes off it looks natural like he wiped his clothes.

No it won't peal off, it's not like how I did it before where I dabbed all the paint on it Pealed off then. Now it will mainly just come off like dirt the more you handle the figure. You can always reapply it if it does. Not hard.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back