1/6 VTS TOYS - Wasteland Ranger: The Road to Hell

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Leather doesn't look THAT shiny. I'm happy with what I've seen so far. :clap

I mean, let's keep this in perspective. Go pop your head into the Selene thread and then come back here for a true appreciation of how great this looks.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Weathering is really tough to do... and this is a figure that lives in it. I find the rifle and other gear distracting in that they are so clean. The dirt deco on the leather looks like mud-splatter rather than weathering, fading and dust. But again -- weathering is very hard to do. Not confident I could do any better myself, which is my concern.

But yes, it's a very nice figure -- sculpt, outfit, gear: all the parts looks great.

I mean, let's keep this in perspective. Go pop your head into the Selene thread and then come back here for a true appreciation of how great this looks.

The latest pics of her look pretty darn good.

Figure looks good as I'd expect from Damtoys.....if I was a fan of the film I'd have picked it up for certain. Congrats to everyone who waited and is getting this...now bring on new epoch cop dam

I dunno... think I'll do a kit bash with my AF. Prefer the shoulder pad and weathering of the AF...

If the biggest complaint is weathering i'll call that a win.

I dunno... think I'll do a kit bash with my AF. Prefer the shoulder pad and weathering of the AF...
I agree. I was really hoping i was wrong when i first called out others for saying "vts is a better figure than arts" when it hadn't even come out yet. I legitimately wanted this to wow me but it doesn't. Its a decent headsculpt but not as good as the promo shots. I would rather put the money toward a ML sculpt than this.

Sent from my SM-G925W8 using Tapatalk

VTS now has them on their Facebook as their official production photos:

https://www.facebook.com/VTSTOYS/photos/?tab=album&album_id=334084960288536

14639898_334085066955192_8803182428468697772_n.jpg

934086_334085143621851_1311423683476780122_n.jpg

I think it looks great.

I agree. I was really hoping i was wrong when i first called out others for saying "vts is a better figure than arts" when it hadn't even come out yet. I legitimately wanted this to wow me but it doesn't. Its a decent headsculpt but not as good as the promo shots. I would rather put the money toward a ML sculpt than this.

Sent from my SM-G925W8 using Tapatalk

I already paid for this one, but I think I agree with you... I'll wait and see till I have it in hand.

Last edited:
It's a good base figure... but definitely needs weathering and not such a contrast between black and tan.

The weathering on the pouches looks pretty on point in this up-close picture. Lighting seems to be diminishing the effect in the other pics.

ce3ed9e37f013e6e154dbfb4f702445b.jpg

It looks fine to me. I can do the weathering on it. Remember pictures generally don't do a figure justice.

Wonder why the arm and shirt sleeve are so devoid of weathering?

Anyway, those who can do good weathering will have an excellent figure. Like I said, it's a great base.

Only thing I will nitpick on the figure is the leg brace is upside down. And the straps are in the wrong postion. Luckily I'm getting a leg brace from fullmetal.

Yeah the brace is upside down. Straps are correct. Still getting fullmetal however that is a work of craftsmanship.

Wonder why the arm and shirt sleeve are so devoid of weathering?

Anyway, those who can do good weathering will have an excellent figure. Like I said, it's a great base.

Yeah, that is a weird omission. Hopefully someone on here can demonstrate how to add some when they get theirs, I don't have much paint experience but am good at following directions, ha.

Only thing I will nitpick on the figure is the leg brace is upside down. And the straps are in the wrong postion. Luckily I'm getting a leg brace from fullmetal.

oh yea, the piston is suppose to be on the bottom outer not the top outer, but if you flip it upside down , then the piston will be on the inside :/

oh yea, the piston is suppose to be on the bottom outer not the top outer, but if you flip it upside down , then the piston will be on the inside :/

Not if it happens to pivot in the other direction though, right? The buckles would be facing back then though. Looks fine to me as is, accuracy be damned.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back