1/6 VTS TOYS - Wasteland Ranger: The Road to Hell

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
After some research it does seem that the VTS vest (and the gear that comes with it) is vastly superior to the AF... though the knife handle is questionable (for what its worth).

Also, it does look like the VTS brace was installed upside-down after all and should be able to be flipped around correctly... though the strap lengths are cut to the incorrect placement. It's hard to know if the metal part of the brace will be in the right place if turned upside down. I'm thinking I'll cut the straps to size.

hozZa73.jpg

Got him today, slapped the AF jacket, shirt, and pants. Happy as can be.

This is the Max I'm most happy with.

Just a quick photo. I haven't really done much to him yet, only changed the bracelet and the shotgun. I do like him.
f007b1a5140717a7f975db5e70a8271a.jpg
f8a7ccb7fe21369cb914a0c466150e28.jpg

:lecture

I put one of the VTS sets onto a ZC muscle body with the AF boots and it just looked like a bulky mess.

The VTS clothes are designed for the slimmer VTS body so I'm taking him apart again.

The AF will go back onto the ZC and await the Eleven and Brother sculpts.

how tight is the VTS on the ZC?

i was thinking of doing that as i play to replace the shirt with a Black short sleeve making the arm exposed so the VTS body would look bad witht he joints compared to ZC. or is there a way to swap the arms?

and normal TT bodies don't even have sculpted lower arms.

The Condor holsters are pretty similar, but the AF is probably a better colour because it's green.

As for the best, I just made the changes I noted in the previous post:

30916800521_ef3f946d6e_o.jpg

The AF has the VTS vest and leg brace, and retained the AF knife as it's a better fit for that vest.

The unweathered VTS has the AF vest and leg brace, and retained the VTS knife because it actually does fit.

The VTS on the end is all VTS.

I prefer the tall boots, but they only work well with the AF trousers.

The VTS sculpts are a bit of a revelation, because they look so much better than they've generally done in photos.

any reason you opt not to swap the VTS boots on the AF? also the AF brace looks strange on the VTS. maybe it's too big?

also why not use the VTS hands instead because the bandage comes molded. or do you prefer the flexy hand with real bandage (and perhaps some factory worker's blood & puss)?

i like to think of VTS max is wht he looked like awhile before we see the start of fury road, as seen in the prequel comic. and yes i know that some of gear on fig is after bullet farmer swipe. but still not hard to imagine VTS is just earlier before them leathers were dust covered to the extreme point of AF look. anyone else?

oooooooo is that bearded sculpt on far left inspired by video game appearance?

it would be similar to Mel Max, no vest, no scarf.

I think, though not accurate, the quality of the AF leg brace is far superior. It's metal and all... and since non of them are accurate I think I'll go with the AF brace.

that's what i though. but scientifically speaking does the 1 sided brace actually work?

That won't be a problem soon as I will weather mine. But there is a video on YouTube of someone weathering their figure.

Yeah I actually felt like his results were not that great. But I learned if he's happy with his figure that way then that's good. I actually now have the good body to use for max. Before I was going to use my indy's ttm19 body from when it was stock dx05 as I upgraded the body on indy with a banner. But I decided to switch them out as I noticed that the vts outfit will be more for a slim body. So the banner will work cause of the slim arms that are double joint. And indy is back to his original body which in truth works alot better on him.

if you're looking for dust effect might as well just dab on some baby powder or tamiya weathering sets. sure without a sealant they will rub off over time but just dab abit more on it and your figure's well weathered.

they have snow & dust sets and will settle into the pleather patterns better compared to dry brush which should yield a worn out leather with dust.

if you're looking for dust effect might as well just dab on some baby powder or tamiya weathering sets. sure without a sealant they will rub off over time but just dab abit more on it and your figure's well weathered.

they have snow & dust sets and will settle into the pleather patterns better compared to dry brush which should yield a worn out leather with dust.
I second this, less damage to the outfit. :yess:

What do you guys think of pastel chalk as an option to add for weathering I'm good at the acrylic dry brush but heard pastel works well. I bought a weathering kit so that should be here soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back