1/6 SSC ESB/ROTJ Darth Vader Modification Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The hasbro dome isn't perfect, but it definitely seems to make a substantial difference. Honestly, I wish that Hurricane would offer his modified Hasbro dome like he did when the first SSC figure came out. I bought one and love it. It was better than the standard Hasbro dome and didn't seems as thick.

Here are some older pics (Hurricane helmet, SSC ANH mask). The helmet should be tilted back a little more and the neck should be lowered but you get the idea...

IMG_3751-Copy.jpg

IMG_3752-Copy.jpg

IMG_3735-Copy.jpg

Yes, in the sense that the hasbro dome was the base sculpt. Hurricane casted and modified the sculpt in numerous ways. Perhaps Mrs. Hurricane can details on what was changed but I noticed that the edges of the flares are not as thick, the flares are at a different angle, the eyebrows are more arched at the bottom, the raised stripe is sharper, and there is a widows peak (on my ANH version). Definitely an improvement in the original hasbro dome. As I said earlier, it would be awesome if Hurricane did another, ESB specific, run on these.

Last edited:
Yes, in the sense that the hasbro dome was the base sculpt. Hurricane casted and modified the sculpt in numerous ways. Perhaps Mrs. Hurricane can details on what was changed but I noticed that the edgers of the flares are not as thick, the flares are at a different angle, the eyebrows are more arched at the bottom, the raised stripe is sharper, and there is a widows peak (on my ANH) version. Definitely an improvement in the original hasbro dome. As I said earlier, it would be awesome if Hurricane did another, ESB specific, run on these.
I'll ask , I know we've got lots of old castings knocking about and you'd like it thinner, also I'm told the ESB dome in the movie showed the hint of the 'y' found on the ANH dome as apparently is was reworked for ESB
Steph x

I've requested a comparison photo of both the dome and how the kaiyodo base sculpt was heavily altered

image_zpsbd136ae3.jpg
I'm sorry I can't seem to upload any images from my iPhone

I'm sorry no idea what I'm doing , anyway the casted sculpt has the modifications in red all the brow details on the master were photo etched from scaled down full size parts , also each finished mask has a brass etched 'latch' thingy on each side up near the top

Last edited:
Leave it with me , a new fresh mold will be made .A small run will be done . Are we wanting painted ?And what version?
Steph x

Excellent! I vote for ESB / ROTJ (not sure what the differences between those two versions are) and painted.

Not to push our luck but considering that the hurricane mask is the superior sculpt, any chance of getting those offered as well?

I imagine that casting a few domes is much less time intensive than a full hurricane Vader. I doubt that one takes away time from the other.

Last edited:
Back