1/6 SSC Destro

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I guess you're not paying attention...Alex said NO JOE at SDCC or anything in 2014 and "hopefully" something in 2015

line is over

Don't be a doom dictator, they said nothing more for 2014 they just released how many this year. 2015 could be one of those thing they don't do a sneak preview until just before they do it just like they did with R2D2. They don't want to give anything away plus it takes advanced prepping to do a line like G.I.joe. and Hasbro would put a nail in their coffin if they close up with one of there sellers outside of SW. once you drop one seller it may cause a domino effect. I think Hasbro knows better that adult collectors like us are who want this because we have more money than children and we are loyal to that brand of the 80's.

I only accepted it because I got my answer from a Sideshow Rep.Why would I listen to some of you who just can't say anything nice about anything,oh that's right you did compliment the Zica's Turdfoot action figure ;).I still think they did a great job with their Joes.It's their best 1/6 line with Starwars.Sure, they are not exact card back interpretations but neither was the GI JOE Hall of Fame line back in 1992-93 which actually started my 1/6 scale interest and collecting...I was never expecting exact card back replica's like some of you were

I am disappointed in Sideshow though,and they will have lost some sales from me because of them now abandoning this line.If they were to go full-on statue making,they would never get a dime from me again

If the line is truly over with then Hasbro pulled the plug and not sideshow, because sideshow would probably make these until the end of time because there is so many joe's and cobra characters to keep them going for 6-7 yrs at least that is total profit.

Don't be a doom dictator, they said nothing more for 2014 they just released how many this year. 2015 could be one of those thing they don't do a sneak preview until just before they do it just like they did with R2D2. They don't want to give anything away plus it takes advanced prepping to do a line like G.I.joe. and Hasbro would put a nail in their coffin if they close up with one of there sellers outside of SW. once you drop one seller it may cause a domino effect. I think Hasbro knows better that adult collectors like us are who want this because we have more money than children and we are loyal to that brand of the 80's.

those who have been around for a while know that when Sideshow stops making something for a while,it means they have moved on to something else...don't hold your breath for 2015...

you give Hasbro way too much credit...they don't seem to care that much about their brand GI Joe because it doesn't sell outside of the Collector's market.Kids today don't care about GI Joe.Hasbro is only giving us little bit of stuff for their 50th anniversary....GI Joe just doesn't cut it in the toy Ailse anymore

If the line is truly over with then Hasbro pulled the plug and not sideshow, because sideshow would probably make these until the end of time because there is so many joe's and cobra characters to keep them going for 6-7 yrs at least that is total profit.

Alex said they still have the license (for now)...but I can see Hasbro pulling out or Sideshow would rather focus on Starwars and DC

I love how these guys make a review. Figure looks decent and I guess he's not that bad at all. I'm starting to dig the coat with gauntlets look for this figure. I hope someone can snap some pics for height comparison with the other Joes or even Cobra Commander.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I guess you're not paying attention...Alex said NO JOE at SDCC or anything in 2014 and "hopefully" something in 2015

line is over

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!

I doubt it still. There's still too much to do. And I ain't gonna trust no hobbits.

Are you smoking crack? SSC has done this tine after time with their 1:6 lines, no way Hasbro said, stop making us money, this all on SSC

SSC is an armpit company that can't stay committed to anything. Sure this is about overall dollars but as a viable company they should have had long term vision for a line like this. But as usual they didn't and they fumbled the ball in the end zone. Hey mr customer please buy our desert trooper and weapons cache environment to compliment the figures we are making.... What bunch of ********. Command centre?.?...? Who bought this, anyone?

Going to pick up my Destro this afternoon at the fedex depot, I'll post a pic once I put him together

I wish SSC had the balls to man up and explain what they are doing.

Sideshow would rather focus on Starwars and DC

I think they are shifting their resources for this and Marvel since they have films on the way. Plus they need to find people again who know ARAH GI Joe (SS v2 is a GI Joe, not Cobra figure).

Aside from the sleeveless vest, I think Destro looks great and considering all the other abominations of the character that Hasbro has approved (Spy Troops/VvV), I think they did alright.

I think they are shifting their resources for this and Marvel since they have films on the way. Plus they need to find people again who know ARAH GI Joe (SS v2 is a GI Joe, not Cobra figure).

Aside from the sleeveless vest, I think Destro looks great and considering all the other abominations of the character that Hasbro has approved (Spy Troops/VvV), I think they did alright.

But isn't HT handling the marvel releases?

Agreed on the figure, aside from the vest think this will be a solid addition the finished line

This is one of Sideshow's best lines,I just don't get why they want to drop doing anymore....there is so MANY to be done

unless poor sales are dictating it,it makes no sense

What I stated shouldn't be taken as Sideshow no longer has the license as we still do. Currently there is nothing on tap for 2014.

-SideshowAlex

Can you explain why you say "hopefully something in 2015?" Why are you hoping? How can you not know? Can you elaborate on why there wouldn't be any figures in 2015 if you want there to be?

Really sad news. SSC's Joe line was the only thing I really looked forward to in 1/6. I might buy something from another company and occasionally SW, but I'm just more fascinated by GI Joe.

Can you explain why you say "hopefully something in 2015?" Why are you hoping? How can you not know? Can you elaborate on why there wouldn't be any figures in 2015 if you want there to be?

When Disney buys Hasbro they're not sure what will or will not be Joe canon anymore. :rotfl

So they're not showing Joes at SDCC...in the last year, they released Major Bludd, CC, Baroness, SS, and Destro (which JUST started shipping). It's not like they've been slowing down production on this line. Sure they are gonna focus on DC. It's a new line for them and there is a gigantic movie in production to help push sales. If Sideshow doesn't have the resources to do everything at once, personally I'm cool with that 'cause it allows me to collect everything I want and not blow my budget.

So they're not showing Joes at SDCC...in the last year, they released Major Bludd, CC, Baroness, SS, and Destro (which JUST started shipping). It's not like they've been slowing down production on this line. Sure they are gonna focus on DC. It's a new line for them and there is a gigantic movie in production to help push sales. If Sideshow doesn't have the resources to do everything at once, personally I'm cool with that 'cause it allows me to collect everything I want and not blow my budget.

there is nothing at all in 2014 and 2015 is just a hope of wishful thinking

Back