1/6 SSC Destro

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What I stated shouldn't be taken as Sideshow no longer has the license as we still do. Currently there is nothing on tap for 2014.

-SideshowAlex

momentum is gone....interest will be lost...prices will be higher...and then few will care

I just can't see Sideshow continuing GI Joe in 2015 especially considering 2014 is GI Joe's 50th Anniversary

Still having the license and still making joes are two different things Alex. I'm not at all surprised though.:moon

What I stated shouldn't be taken as Sideshow no longer has the license as we still do. Currently there is nothing on tap for 2014.

-SideshowAlex

The last few figures have been some of the best in the line!!!! Baroness, Cobra Commander and Destro! The line really needs more figures in the future!

it's true...I asked....anything in 2015 is likely not happening either

Sorry to disappoint the Joe fans with this but there will not be any GI Joe news at SDCC this year. Hopefully something in 2015!

Alex

The line was great too...I guess that allows me to collect something else.I wonder if Sideshow dropped the license or Hasblow decided to stop Sideshow from continuing since they don't seem to care much about Joe

Told ya. That POS Disastro killed the line. No Joe. Typical Sideshow abandonment strategy. Just picked up the gauntlets I need to make my own from TA. Sideshow can suck it.

Told ya. That POS Disastro killed the line. No Joe. Typical Sideshow abandonment strategy. Just picked up the gauntlets I need to make my own from TA. Sideshow can suck it.

I doubt it was Destro that did anything..

I bet it was HIGHER PRICES and a bit of lacking sales overall

Collecting 1/6 figures just isn't cheap anymore and considering the so many 1/6 choices and spending collectors slowly fading (economic factors in play)...prices are ultimately was kills anything in this hobby.I am very Happy with what we got in this line,especially the Cobra side

By the way...Destro is the last GI Joe :( (at least for this year).....I am quite disappointed with this news...

No Gung-ho,No Scarlet,No Snowjob,the list goes on :(

I am sure higher prices didn't help either.....screw you DC

I Told you so!! :nono :crying

"Sideshow can suck it"????
Isn't this forum called "Sideshow Collectors"? Or "Sideshow Freaks"?
I've never understood how so many people on this forum [[/I][/I][/I][/I]
bash Sideshow collectibles. To each their own, I guess...

Pictures look great! I have to wait til Monday but it'll be fun to see what look fits with my collection. The EX head is a pleasant surprise--a little big maybe but turned out better than I thought it would.

Sad news about the line ending (for now) but since I always liked the Cobra figures more than the Joes I'm glad I got to get the main villains. Fingers crossed they don't abandon the line completely.

Same old SSC. Move on to lines that people will splurge until prices rise to the point that they get tired of that license. Move on to new license at the inflated prices. Milk it till they can't take it anymore. Move on to the next.

Never a thought of just continuing with a line at the normal prices.

sadly..either way..with the joes or not..they still are gonna make money....
im not a SSC hater...it's just like everything else in life...they go with whatever sells best for them...that's about it...

Until they cook the last Golden Goose!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Got mine today. I have to say he's not that bad. The regular head is disappointing. It wouldn't have been so bad without the expression. Had it been classic animated series in style, the expression wouldn't have been so bad as that 'mask' on the show moved. The exclusive head is the way to go and is quite nice.

While the coat is nice, its just not Destro. The Vest is closer to classic Destro. Had his shirt been black instead of grey, it would have been a decent update to the classic outfit. The vest has the red collar and opening where his bare chest would have been. The grey breaks it up too much. Swap that out with a black one, and he'd be pretty close to that classic black jumpsuit thing he wore. But covering up his chest, just like Zartan's abs, was kind of a necessary switch to keep with Sideshow's styling of the line.

He's not quite the disaster we thought he might be, but he could have been better. Overall, I think he's decent. Its a character you need to finish off the Cobra High Command, so he's worth picking up. The accessories are all great and if you're a purist, the stuff included will get you very close to what you need with only a few changes needed to get him there,

I know that some people really don't like the SSC Destro figure but I think the main reason why SSC is not going full force with 1/6 GI Joe figures this year is possibly due to Hasbro putting GI Joe on indefinite hiatus. There may be something that SSC knows that we don't that is causing them to ease up on GI Joe products later this year.

As far as sales go, the normal release of Destro sold out...so it's not like the figure failed as far as pre-order numbers go.

I know that some people really don't like the SSC Destro figure but I think the main reason why SSC is not going full force with 1/6 GI Joe figures this year is possibly due to Hasbro putting GI Joe on indefinite hiatus. There may be something that SSC knows that we don't that is causing them to ease up on GI Joe products later this year.

As far as sales go, the normal release of Destro sold out...so it's not like the figure failed as far as pre-order numbers go.

I'm sure Hasbro had some part...Hasbro seems to hate GI Joe anymore after making abomination Films like Rise of Crap and Retardation

Here's my 2 pennies worth, How come no one seems to get that the standard head is based on the Cartoon version of Destro and the EX head is based on the Comic one? Yeah the eyebrow is raised but that's how he was in the series. As a "Commanding look" I think he looks cool although I think the majority of collectors will swap it out for the Ex head as it just looks like a more quality piece with the 3 piece design. The more I read each thread about the SSC Joe line the more I just see people just hating any kind of "Artistic licence" that has gone into it by Sideshow. I now own 18 figures in the line and each has a certain quality or gimmick to make it stand out. If these figures were truly just 1/6th scale versions of the original 3 3/4 inch figures I wouldn't have bothered with any! Literally for the last 100 pages all that I'm reading is about how crap the standard head looks, how crap his suit looks, how crap his case is, blah blah blah, If you don't like it just don't buy it! I joined this site to see how the community was responding to these figures but to be honest all this negativity just makes me want to go back to collecting in private and keeping any opinion I have to myself! Surely if Sideshow themselves were to read back though this thread it'd start them thinking that maybe the Joe line should be fazed out? Which I really hope doesn't happen! I'm not done giving them my money yet!

Aren't you glad the line is dead so you don't have to whine and fret over people's opinions that you don't even know? You're mad that people are discussing Destro in the Destro discussion thread, you're right, you should avoid the internet. :lol

Back