1/6 SSC Destro

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I know that some people really don't like the SSC Destro figure but I think the main reason why SSC is not going full force with 1/6 GI Joe figures this year is possibly due to Hasbro putting GI Joe on indefinite hiatus. There may be something that SSC knows that we don't that is causing them to ease up on GI Joe products later this year.

As far as sales go, the normal release of Destro sold out...so it's not like the figure failed as far as pre-order numbers go.

Indefinite hiatus from what? They are offering packs for PO on toy sites right now, are they done after their release? Also, neither Destro nor his Ex are sold out and even if they were, after what SS Alex said about the Baroness PF situation, that 'sold out' means nothing except they stopped ordering, it doesn't mean they sold all of the items they wanted to.

What I stated shouldn't be taken as Sideshow no longer has the license as we still do. Currently there is nothing on tap for 2014.

-SideshowAlex

I told the guys that I remember reading back when you guys start this there is
Scarlett
roadblock
as a must and someone showed interest in barbeque/blowtorch cant remember which one and a maybe was put down. I think 2015 will be the year for at least 3 more joes since all the other joes listed back in got 2yrs ago have been finished but Scarlett and roadblock. you did all the cobra's on that list.

Last edited:
10300015_10202235317939546_3262997581848249750_n_zpsfd3635a6.jpg

and teemu always being the optimist...lol...jk...

I still think a matte 4 way stretch vinyl is better than the spandex for him try both i can give you the link to buy it from.

What's the difference Groovy? What do you gain with 4 way? Just added thickness?

What I stated shouldn't be taken as Sideshow no longer has the license as we still do. Currently there is nothing on tap for 2014.

-SideshowAlex

I don't even know how to respond, but I will be as polite as possible

How can you start this line, release half a dozen environments, 5 rehashed troops, three cobra commanders, 2snake eyes and stop the line 20 figures in?

As a collector and paying customer I'm disgusted how you handled this 1:6 line along with the graveyard of others you started and cancelled half way way through.

The only way I can voice my displeasure is with my wallet, and I'm so fed up of the ******** from you guys, see lotr and Indy. I already dropped SW from you, but this is the end. My screen name and account is the same, you will Never see another dollar from me again. I'm done with you.

It's been a good several years but you are not the company once were, so you can list all the bs issues you want but it all comes down to mismanagement and attention deficit disorder.

Thanks for the great figs, good luck keeping SSC afloat

I told the guys that I remember reading back when you guys start this there is
Scarlett
roadblock
as a must and someone showed interest in barbeque/blowtorch cant remember which one and a maybe was put down. I think 2015 will be the year for at least 3 more joes since all the other joes listed back in got 2yrs ago have been finished but Scarlett and roadblock. you did all the cobra's on that list.

the line is over

I don't even know how to respond, but I will be as polite as possible

How can you start this line, release half a dozen environments, 5 rehashed troops, three cobra commanders, 2snake eyes and stop the line 20 figures in?

As a collector and paying customer I'm disgusted how you handled this 1:6 line along with the graveyard of others you started and cancelled half way way through.

The only way I can voice my displeasure is with my wallet, and I'm so fed up of the ******** from you guys, see lotr and Indy. I already dropped SW from you, but this is the end. My screen name and account is the same, you will Never see another dollar from me again. I'm done with you.

It's been a good several years but you are not the company once were, so you can list all the bs issues you want but it all comes down to mismanagement and attention deficit disorder.

Thanks for the great figs, good luck keeping SSC afloat

maybe its because Sideshow constantly changes its crew often?? Matt Bischoff was in charge of the joe line and he completely disappeared

I still think price is the factor....the line started 119.99 now they are 179.99

So much for getting Tomax,Xamot,Snowjob,Gung-ho,Scarlet,BATS,Spirit and all those figures talked about

the line is over

Glad you finally accept it when days ago you and Lerath were saying people were just crying wolf and the sky was falling. Sideshow has only themselves to blame for poor sales when they alienate the majority of Joe collectors with their crappy "interpretations" we don't care about (except for you, of course) and don't want to pay several hundred dollars for vague interpretations that we have to spend more and more money on to customize just to make them look like the iconic characters they are supposed to represent. Cancel the line, I say, we are better off just building our own from scratch like Evilface, Skiman, Spiderogue, Mando and others have done a perfect job of doing and showing them how they SHOULD have handled this line from the start. We don't need them. Sideshow just needs to get out of the 1:6 market entirely and focus on their polystone "statues" and leave 1:6 to the pros who know their audience and what they will spend their money on.

What's the difference Groovy? What do you gain with 4 way? Just added thickness?
No it doesn't add thickness i think your thinking of leather texture vinyl aka pleather which only comes in 2 way and is thicker material.

4 way matte vinyl is thin like paper

No 4 way is all over stretch in 4 directions it ads flexible movement etc. toy companies are fond of 2 way since it's cheaper and collectors are not suppose to know any better. problem with 2 way is the vinyl breaks down quickly in a year or sodue to the tricot backing if not taken care of. toy companies don't care if 2 way doesn't last they got your money for a figure that's all. those crimson guards just watch them closely over the next couple of years if your lucky they used 4 way. if not vinyl will become sticky then it's game over.

the 4 way has a different fabric backing when treated with the urethane it does look somewhat like leather without grain. 4 way also comes in more colors for shiny vinyl aka patent stretch vinyl

the matte vinyl will add a leather visual texture without leather grain appearance and will make the costume appear to be a uniform and not a unitard.

I think that made sense and not overly technical unless someone can make that more simplified.

Last edited:
DAMN YOU SIDESHOW, WHY?!?!
Destro10.png

Disastro arrived. At some point I'm gonna have to open this sumbich and double-facepalm at the miraculous fumble of arguably one of the easiest designs to re-create that wound up being this fluster cuck.

Sucker!! I nabbed the only pieces I liked from TA.

Such a letdown of a figure. This turd will forever be known as Line Killer.

Now maybe someone else can get a chance at the license.

Sucker!! I nabbed the only pieces I liked from TA.

Such a letdown of a figure. This turd will forever be known as Line Killer.

Now maybe someone else can get a chance at the license.
I was just wondering the same thing, no idea who I'd like to see pick it up though, hmm...

Indefinite hiatus from what? They are offering packs for PO on toy sites right now, are they done after their release? Also, neither Destro nor his Ex are sold out and even if they were, after what SS Alex said about the Baroness PF situation, that 'sold out' means nothing except they stopped ordering, it doesn't mean they sold all of the items they wanted to.

Indefinite hiatus from being an active brand. The reason why we are seeing pre-orders is that Hasbro still has GI Joe products to roll out for this year and then they are finished.

The POs you mention are the 50th anniversary toys, I assume. If so, consider these are re-issues and repairs/retools, not entirely brand new toys.

I see Hasbro putting GI Joe on hiatus more of a possible factor for SSC's lack of more GI Joe figures than Destro selling poorly(not that I think it sold poorly).

A halt in production of this line will likely be a good thing for Sideshow. From a collector's standpoint watch their current inventory move. Nothing promotes sales like the potential of future rarity. Which this line will soon become.

4 out of 6 of Sideshow 1:6 figures, on their gift card list, are Joes.

No one is going to care about this line now that its over. Once lines are dead they stay dead. The reason the newer Joes are all on gift card is because they are all $40 over priced.

Last edited:
I won't believe it till I see it. :lol SDCC is around the corner. Don't get your panties in a bunch.

I guess you're not paying attention...Alex said NO JOE at SDCC or anything in 2014 and "hopefully" something in 2015

line is over

Glad you finally accept it when days ago you and Lerath were saying people were just crying wolf and the sky was falling. Sideshow has only themselves to blame for poor sales when they alienate the majority of Joe collectors with their crappy "interpretations" we don't care about (except for you, of course) and don't want to pay several hundred dollars for vague interpretations that we have to spend more and more money on to customize just to make them look like the iconic characters they are supposed to represent. Cancel the line, I say, we are better off just building our own from scratch like Evilface, Skiman, Spiderogue, Mando and others have done a perfect job of doing and showing them how they SHOULD have handled this line from the start. We don't need them. Sideshow just needs to get out of the 1:6 market entirely and focus on their polystone "statues" and leave 1:6 to the pros who know their audience and what they will spend their money on.

I only accepted it because I got my answer from a Sideshow Rep.Why would I listen to some of you who just can't say anything nice about anything,oh that's right you did compliment the Zica's Turdfoot action figure ;).I still think they did a great job with their Joes.It's their best 1/6 line with Starwars.Sure, they are not exact card back interpretations but neither was the GI JOE Hall of Fame line back in 1992-93 which actually started my 1/6 scale interest and collecting...I was never expecting exact card back replica's like some of you were

I am disappointed in Sideshow though,and they will have lost some sales from me because of them now abandoning this line.If they were to go full-on statue making,they would never get a dime from me again

Same old SSC. Move on to lines that people will splurge until prices rise to the point that they get tired of that license. Move on to new license at the inflated prices. Milk it till they can't take it anymore. Move on to the next.

Almost think SS was a business or something...

Back