1/6 SSC Destro

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If you look at the original figure he has a very defined ridge all the way round & his head is bulky & kinda squarish, very mask like, not just a head painted silver like in the cartoons. im basing my opinions on the original card art/figure, not the cartoon or comics which i think is why im happier with him than some people.

Interesting....

i was mainly talking about the head!
it looks no more like the original Destro than either of the Sideshow ones due to that line of rivets down either sides of his thin face!
it has more in common with the terrible raised eyebrow sculpt from Sideshow.
the Ex. head has way more in common with the original card art.

If you look at the original figure he has a very defined ridge all the way round & his head is bulky & kinda squarish, very mask like, not just a head painted silver like in the cartoons. im basing my opinions on the original card art/figure, not the cartoon or comics which i think is why im happier with him than some people.

im so happy now im ordering 2 one to open one to keep in box

I'm starting to feel okay about even the reg sculpt. I mean, if you want the Sunbow look - arguably his most "definitive" or at least well known appearance - you're going to have to accept that his mask uses some kind liquid metal technology, and I'm sure more than a few of us also have a T-1000 on our shelves. :)

And yeah, the ex looks a lot more like the card art than I realized...

The vest thing is starting to bother me more though. I'm not sure there's going to be an easy way to fix that unless you're really good at tailoring 1/6th clothing...

I'm starting to feel okay about even the reg sculpt. I mean, if you want the Sunbow look - arguably his most "definitive" or at least well known appearance - you're going to have to accept that his mask uses some kind liquid metal technology, and I'm sure more than a few of us also have a T-1000 on our shelves. :)

And yeah, the ex looks a lot more like the card art than I realized...

The vest thing is starting to bother me more though. I'm not sure there's going to be an easy way to fix that unless you're really good at tailoring 1/6th clothing...

Wait...What is wrong with the vest?

most people dont like that its a vest... not a jacket.
i think its pretty awesome, means the gauntlets fit over his sleeves (the ones on his tight undershirt) really well. im not keen on the coat, but the vest is cool.

most people dont like that its a vest... not a jacket.
i think its pretty awesome, means the gauntlets fit over his sleeves (the ones on his tight undershirt) really well. im not keen on the coat, but the vest is cool.

Yeah. I kind of like it. I haven't decided if I will display him with the vest or with the long jacket. I'm kind of leaning towards the long jacket.

i was mainly talking about the head!
it looks no more like the original Destro than either of the Sideshow ones due to that line of rivets down either sides of his thin face!
it has more in common with the terrible raised eyebrow sculpt from Sideshow.
the Ex. head has way more in common with the original card art.

Wow, he did have a ridge. I am accepting the Ex more and more. The Reg is awful though.

disagree

If they did away with the lines and rivets in the sculpt, it would look close to the card art aswell

For the Reg? I wish they would try to improve it but we all know that's not going to happen. I agree it would improve it if they got rid of the rivets in the Reg. Also they would need to give him "real" eyes behind the Reg silver portrait too.

disagree

If they did away with the lines and rivets in the sculpt, it would look close to the card art aswell

um... also if they unraised the eyebrow & made it look like a mask, not just face paint it would look like the card art... so if EVERYTHING changed.
without the lines & rivets that head is just a bald guy sprayed silver on his way to a cosplay event!

with lines/rivets:

without lines/rivets:

if you want a liquid metal mask/painted face like in the cartoons then yes, the Sideshow Ex. head aint for you...
but if you want a more mask like head like the original figure then its not bad.

For me, it was never the EX sculpt that was the issue but more of the the vest (instead of a jacket, not coat) and the lack of a more muscular body.
This is why SSC went with a full long sleeve shirt and vest because they couldn't (at the time) come up with the muscular body. Sure, give him a long sleeve shirt. and if one chooses to remove it and show off his chest, they could. Same reason Zartan had a sleeveless shirt and torn hoodie?! SSC was still using the Pro body because the muscular wasn't ready yet.
And in order to "shut everyone up" about Destro taking soo long and to have to debute him in time for SDCC, they stuck him on a Pro body and called him done.
Mind you, this is MY opinon on this matter $.02

For me, it was never the EX sculpt that was the issue but more of the the vest (instead of a jacket, not coat) and the lack of a more muscular body.
This is why SSC went with a full long sleeve shirt and vest because they couldn't (at the time) come up with the muscular body. Sure, give him a long sleeve shirt. and if one chooses to remove it and show off his chest, they could. Same reason Zartan had a sleeveless shirt and torn hoodie?! SSC was still using the Pro body because the muscular wasn't ready yet.
And in order to "shut everyone up" about Destro taking soo long and to have to debute him in time for SDCC, they stuck him on a Pro body and called him done.
Mind you, this is MY opinon on this matter $.02

yeah, i cant figure out why Sideshow dont announce figures nearer completion...
I still think the decision to cover his chest is partly to update the look/make it more real world.

I'm probably in the minority but, I'm cool with the covered chest. I think an uncovered chest would look kind of goofy. I do wish they would have used a bigger body though.

Right, a bigger body with the option to keep or remove the shirt is all I'm asking (and a jacket instead of the vest)

Agreed about the body. How do you envision this jacket looking? I can't picture one especially with the wrist gauntlets. On the card art it looks like a skin tight wetsuit.

I'm probably going to overhaul him to another version of Destro, I'm glad some people are happy with him as is, but I don't see having what I need to make a V1 Destro.

Wheres Spiderrogue with the Pimp Daddy suits when you need him?

Back