1/6 SSC Destro

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The biggest thing I hate about the headsculpt is the raised eyebrow. If they wouldn't have done the raised eyebrow, I don't think it would look that bad. I still kind of like the figure and am hopeful he will look better in hand. Do we know what size he'll be? In the Baroness promo pics he looks a little taller than the Baroness but, it is hard to tell.

I'm surprised nobody mentioned that the regular head also looks like slightly resculpted Zartan...

Please get your eyes checked. I'm concerned about you. :) JK.

I guess I'm easy to please in that regard. Usually I'm just more fussy about QC issues. Considering how much they like to change prototypes, there's no telling what we'll actually get >_<

Yep, definitely beats both of Sideshow's headsculpts. You'd think something like that would be a relatively easy project for one of the customizers here, though. I can definitely see someone tackling it once there's enough Destros out there.

I agree that's why i posted the mask i saw online it was the only real rep i have seen someone in cosplay made it but if someone on a cosplay could do it you would think someone on the joe side customizers would step in and save us from that atrocity, no offense side show im sure destro will be a good sell for his parts.

I'm not sure what to think of Destro yet. I don't hate the head sculpts as much as some of you, but I don't love the figure enough to buy it... At least not yet. I would trade for it, though. Maybe there will be some who regret their purchase, who knows.

A custom sculpt by Ski might be just what I need to get off the fence, though. :)

After seeing inhand pics of the Comander I had another look at Destro... to be honest if you look past the bare chest is he really that bad? Take away the rivets around the sides of the mask & the Ex. Head aint that far off...
The facial features are almost EXACTLY the same as the card art!

Arms are too small. Also, this aint Back to the Future so he shouldn't be wearing a vest. That head is terrible. I like the other one a lot more but they really missed the mark on the head. They could have easily done the head just like the original Hasbro artwork and that would have made a lot of people happy.

I still like the figure though.

i still cant see a jacket working as well as the vest over tight top... the wrist guards/armour wont sit right.
im sure there will be a long line of comments telling me how wrong i am, but thats the way i see it, the jacket would have to have really thin material on the sleeves or the wrist guards/armour will just look bulky.
anyways, im looking forward to this figure. :cuckoo:

i still cant see a jacket working as well as the vest over tight top... the wrist guards/armour wont sit right.
im sure there will be a long line of comments telling me how wrong i am, but thats the way i see it, the jacket would have to have really thin material on the sleeves or the wrist guards/armour will just look bulky.
anyways, im looking forward to this figure. :cuckoo:

I'm sure you're right in that they did it for the wrist accessories to fit. Still, he doesn't need to look like he's preparing to jump overboard on a sinking Moray.

Arms are too small. Also, this aint Back to the Future so he shouldn't be wearing a vest. That head is terrible. I like the other one a lot more but they really missed the mark on the head. They could have easily done the head just like the original Hasbro artwork and that would have made a lot of people happy.
I still like the figure though.

:goodpost:
There have been well over 20 incarnations of Destro figures, I don't think its an accident that over 80% of them use the same head style as the original.

:goodpost:
There have been well over 20 incarnations of Destro figures, I don't think its an accident that over 80% of them use the same head style as the original.

I find it funny that people pay loads of money having heads repainted to look more lifelike but you all want Destros head to look just like the original ARAH sculpt... this scale needs more detail... the rivets on the Ex. head are a bit over the top & its a bit square... but im glad it not too plain.

No, because it is a simple mask. Complicating something doesn't make it better. SS's just look horrid.

This would have been awesome.

where is this helmet from its perfect

View attachment 90657

the only other option is put miliput or plasticine on over filling in cracks of smooth head and doing a cast of it so the entire head is smooth with neck rivits. someone needs to sculpt this

Its a simple mask same as the original headsculpts were simple.
For me, if the heads are painted to look more realistic, the mask should be made to look more realistic too.
Thats my opinion.

Is it possible tor recast the hasbro head and remod the neck. What would be a good casting material that is soft enough to strip away and make him no neck. I was thinking recast in wax and then cut away un needed stuff then cast that head in hard resin unless there is a metallic resin/plastic.

but i think the neck with rivits might need to be a sleeve to go over neck of muscle bodies? if so ill need to make that and cast it in soft resin for fishing lures.

any thoughts guys I have an extra sculpt if someone thinks he would be a good candidate. im refering to the destro i bashed. If i get SSC equipment and modded the hasbro sculpt it could be a decent figure.

1150999_10200281976002590_1943930171_n.jpg

1150999_10200281976042591_1790077821_n.jpg

Back