1/6 SSC Destro

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
this is destro..the way he should be..im so gonna offer up some suits once he hits ..just need to work out the red collar..

christopher-eccleston-destro_zpsa92e7aaa.jpg

this is destro..the way he should be..im so gonna offer up some suits once he hits ..just need to work out the red collar..

This image makes me angry and is just a huge reminder of how WRONG Sideshow got Destro. Just when I thought "maybe I will order" this image pulled me right out of it and said to me "forget it, save your money." I wish they would re-do Destro the right way and go back to the drawing board. He really should look like he does in this photo.

Holy shat Spider, I'm digging that. If you don't mind, one suggestion... sew it up to the bottom of the chest. Then look long and hard at the card art.

The thing that has made every custom I've ever seen of him look goofy, is people always start the opening way too low and then go crazy on the red collar. If you look at it, its not as crazy huge as people seem to want to make it. I really think the key is going to be less is more to make it look RAH style.

Of course I don't do customizing , so its my 2 cents as an outisder looking in basically.

Heres what I'm talking about... notice his collar/trim is thinner than his pendant necklace until its up to hsi shoulders where it begins its "popped collar/cobra hood look" as a proper Cobra villain.
de45294d0c95035a6e299d8ac1227d73.jpg

But for some reason fans seem to remember him looking like this:

destro_fullshot_wguns.jpg

Agree with the low opening. And using a stretch cloth that isn't shiny will look good. The collar will be the key. Not big and puffy, put a little more than what the figure has.

check out my joe interest thread...

just a glimpse

destro2_zps7c6405a8.jpg

Since his collar is rounded a suggestion of velvet or micro suede might work since his outfit looks shinny the way you have it it looks like 4 way vinyl shiny. so velvet or microsuede might break that up. sew it face down then fold around and top stitch.

Agreed.

Basically just replicate this:

Agreed as well
But I feel that what Destro is wearing is not a jump suit, but a 2 part jacket and pants outfit.
If you look at the figures right pant leg, (its left, our right) you will notice how it curves out just like the WWII German Panzer or Officers did.

Regardless of it not being modern, Destro was kinda stuck in the disco era and never kinda left kinda like an old pimp with and baroness is his head B who better go out and make him some money before she gets the cane.

His classic outfit trumps that atrocity. a two part costume would come away from the belt trust me i tried. it's ashamed this statue never made it to the shelves to be bought.

Yup. I don't see why anyone would not want a figure that looks just like that interpretation on their shelf.
Lack of vision.
Regardless of it not being modern, Destro was kinda stuck in the disco era and never kinda left kinda like an old pimp with and baroness is his head B who better go out and make him some money before she gets the cane.

huh.gif%3Fw%3D474

Back