1/6 SSC Destro

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Agreed about the body. How do you envision this jacket looking? I can't picture one especially with the wrist gauntlets. On the card art it looks like a skin tight wetsuit.
looking at the card art id say its hard to make a jacket that fits with the wrist guards... im guessing thats why they went with the vest.

Agreed about the body. How do you envision this jacket looking? I can't picture one especially with the wrist gauntlets. On the card art it looks like a skin tight wetsuit.

Same material as the outside of the vest but lose the inside lining down the sleeves so the gauntlets fit.

Last edited:
Would Sideshow just delay this already!!!!?

So everyone can get on with life...

SRSLY

Hey sculptors in G.I.Joe universe on freaks take a good look

View attachment 91295
View attachment 91296
View attachment 91297
View attachment 91298
View attachment 90657

https://www.smooth-on.com/a86/Jeff-Bi...icle_info.html

Since noone likes the sculpt why don't one of you guys make a blank head with destro's eyes and a mask for the board that way when we all buy up SS destro's parts we can all make are own custom destro. That way we can move on with g.i.joe since sideshow missed the mark on this one.

View attachment 91295
View attachment 91296
View attachment 91297
View attachment 91298
View attachment 90657

Since noone likes the sculpt why don't one of you guys make a blank head with destro's eyes and a mask for the board that way when we all buy up SS destro's parts we can all make are own custom destro. That way we can move on with g.i.joe since sideshow missed the mark on this one.

The first four attachment photos are WORSE than what Sideshow came up with and they miss the mark by a long shot. The last photo here is on point and would be the best option for a sculpt that I've seen.

View attachment 91295
View attachment 91296
View attachment 91297
View attachment 91298
View attachment 90657

Noone? im looking forward to having the Ex. head & im not the only one on here that is.
Do you realise how hard it will be to sculpt a castable mask thin enough to fit over a head without looking too bulky & ridiculous in this scale?

Noone? im looking forward to having the Ex. head & im not the only one on here that is.
Do you realise how hard it will be to sculpt a castable mask thin enough to fit over a head without looking too bulky & ridiculous in this scale?

Well it could be a sculpt made to look like a mask like as with michael myers. both cain and beto could do it with the attached neck piece so it can slide over neck of a muscle bod. I think people are looking which is the lesser of two evils and would still jump if someone made a head sculpt and abandon both SSC heads if someone done it. I'll probably go for the near smooth head because it will take more work sanding that down and i have a feeling it would turn out as good as people think when it's sanded.

Well it could be a sculpt made to look like a mask like as with michael myers. both cain and beto could do it with the attached neck piece so it can slide over neck of a muscle bod. I think people are looking which is the lesser of two evils and would still jump if someone made a head sculpt and abandon both SSC heads if someone done it. I'll probably go for the near smooth head because it will take more work sanding that down and i have a feeling it would turn out as good as people think when it's sanded.

No offense as you seem to be a very nice lady, but you want our Destro to have a Michael Myers mask?! I can't even... I love the character of Michael but I certainly don't need him messing with a beloved character of a toy and cartoon and comics from my childhood. I think we should let it rest and give the Ex a chance. You had one good sculpt idea and that was the last pic attachement you posted in those group attachments. I say this with kindness but the rest were shiz and so is a Myers sculpt no matter how smoothed down and painted silver. Destro DID NOT look like Michael Myers. no more now... :) the ss Ex sculpt MAY work. night night

Ok apparently you missed the that myers was an analogy.

The way Cain and Beto did Myers the same construction where neck was made so it could just slide over an body with a attached neck like say a muscle body not that destro have a michael myers mask. What ever gave you that idea?

I'm confused I only said there is at least 2 sculptors that could make a decent destro sculpt to make it look mask in appearance with deep set eyes, so you can tell he is wearing a mask even if in reality it is a head sculpt. and that the riveted neck would slide down over a muscle body neck and look authentic.

Does that sound clearer, i really didn't want anyone thinking that i suggested we use Michael Myers head as a replacement for Destro. I personally like the smooth dome because the ex looks awful with the extended trim of rivets. even if you file them it may look off. that's why I was hoping to open the discussion of finding a sculptor who would make a head so we all could benefit.

Don't get me wrong im still buying SSC Destro but im selling off clothes,body and may sell of heads if we get one close to the chrome head i posted. I'm sure others would hop on a better sculpt, and not the only person who saw the previews of him and was like aw man he sucks.

I know everyone harps on me because I get enthusiastic, but if there is complaints and it's far too late for sideshow to fix it now. the only alt we have is one of the resident sculptors here to make a sculpt available for those who purchase a destro or want to bash one to have a head that looks more authentic. FYI if sideshow didn't wait so long to give us a sneak view we could have given them thoughts so they wouldn't be producing a bomb and had time to make changes to sculpt and the travesty of the clothes.

Last edited:
I think what jeff birch did with the poly resin fiberglass mask could be done with destro but as a head not a mask, but instead using a white plastic instead of resin and fiberglass due to scale. since im not sure resin can give the appearance of metal as plastic or fiberglass can. and maybe either of the heads wont be as bad if they got a chrome head paint after 1st getting a gloss black.

If no one will make this head I will I have plasticine i could do this like I'm doing the scarecrow for class. although i hate plasticine with a fiery passion its sticky and gross and a btch to smooth out and you have to set it aside to harden a little in between sculpting because it gets to soft.

If it were to be sculpted I don't see any point in making it an actual mask, but sculpted onto a neck to simulate a mask would be the best bet. It is funny how the Ex mask is kind of close to the original toy... but it's much more angular and the halo of rivets reminds me too much of Maria from Metropolis or a bad Dr. Doom.

maria.jpg

I do like the larger mask that's been posted, it seems like a good real world approximation of the comic/cartoon look. Probably the easiest route to making one would be to find a head with similar enough features and then rework it into a mask.

i spent a ridiculous amount of time searching & this is as good as it gets

I think you did a good job... it really has a great structure, even the expression with a slight frown works.

Or a face smashed into the side of a toaster. :lecture

Yes, that's another explanation. It's almost comical looking, just don't dig it or the regular head.

The Hitman sculpt would be a good place to start. Just sculpt with Milliput around the eyes to make it look more like a mask and paint with a good chrome colored paint and you're good.
BTW, I've heard that Alclad chrome is the best chrome paint.

Back