1/6 SSC Destro

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well I like the figure and getting it for sure....I'd say wait till full reveal

he might have different looks you can play with...

I liked him better when he was hiding behind Cobra Commander :lol

They will release this piece of S&^t then four years later release a second Destro the way he should have looked in the first place. This 1/6 is a fail on so many levels. We need a real gem necklace, yes it SHOULD look expensive. Tight tailoring on a muscular 1/6 body just like how Destro looked. WTH is that fuzz jacket with the friggin red line going through horizontally in the middle? A flesh tone shirt fitting tightly would have been fine or to show his chest but make a top that fits snug so we don't see the 1/6 toy joints in the middle of his waist. Waaaay more impressed with CC than this. Oredered CC. Won't order this unless I'm blown away at reveal. And the way I evisioned his head, it would be a chrome mask-type sculpt with eyes showing from behind the mask. :dunno I wish I worked on SS's developent team, I would kick some serious a&* and get them on the right track. :peace

The necklace is a joke. A small company like Kaustic can make sets for $149 with several artisan made metal pieces and Ssc can't even do a small necklace without it looking cheap. I'm done with this line.

Wow. That's pretty horrible. Definitely getting a Metal Men vibe from him. Regarding the people's eyebrow, I guess the mask is some kind of futuristic liquid metal that is supposed to move like in the cartoons and comics. That doesn't bother me so much, though it is weird when you've got rivets in the mask, and it would be preferable if he had the more stoic expression that he's really known for. At the very least, they should include a toy/cartoon/comic-accurate head with this guy, but even if they did I can't see picking it up based on this. Almost nothing there is salvagable as a Destro I would want on display.

No exposed chest is an extreme disappointment.

So far I've been pretty happy with all of the SSC Joe releases...so this is the first time I can honestly say they have teased a HUGE disappointment and let down their fans and Joe fans. Hope they apologize for this and go back to work on improving this.

I'm less than impressed, to say the least.

Preview-Destro05.jpg

So much for a new body or chromed head being reason for such a long wait.

And what's with the bath robe? :dunno

Disappointing, because this is absolutely not up to par with their other recent JOE efforts. Destro deserves much better.
--

He reminds me a of Henshin Cyborg and/or Takara Tomy's X-BORG aka CYCOM Colossus.

So far I've been pretty happy with all of the SSC Joe releases...so this is the first time I can honestly say they have teased a HUGE disappointment and let down their fans and Joe fans. Hope they apologize for this and go back to work on improving this.

Yeah, from the looks of this they should just pull a "Legendary Scale Indy" and go back to the drawing board.

Its no wonder there was a recent mass exodus of employees from Sideshow recently. They knew what was coming and bolted for the door.

Well let's wait for the full reveal. You never know, but that jacket and jewel are terrible. Barbie gets shiny stones for ten bucks, Destro should at least get real crystal or stone :/.

I hate how SS has to put their "own" touch on these GI Joe figures. Destro looks awful.

I felt all along Destro was going to be a polarizing figure like Firefly was. I knew he was going to not be close to his classic look. He just couldn't be in Sideshow's established renditions. Zartan didn't have his bare six pack right? I saw no reason why Destro would have a big exposed chest after that. So the lack of a classic look is no surprise to me.

That said, I have to say I too am initially disappointed based on this teaser. The teasers usually are never the best view/idea of the full figure though. I fully expect him to have an alternate head we're not seeing yet. Just about all Joes have for the last few figures now and all of the DC figures are too. I think that's going to be a new standard for non-film based figures from Sideshow. So he could still have a different designed chromed dome.

I think going with something closer to his Resolute look would have been a better choice IMO. Its more realistic (thus fitting in with Sideshow's view) and certainly better looking than what we're seeing here so far.

I'm holding judgment until I see the full figure next week. I do feel this will really test the ELITE'S commitment to the line :lol

While this doesn't look like a "Classic" version of Destro...its still a cool looking Sideshow version of Destro

I was expecting the original look too,but based on Sideshow's modern Joe real World,the figure so far doesn't look bad.I think once geared up (laser pistol and breif case) he'll look pretty Dr Doomish stellar

While this doesn't look like a "Classic" version of Destro...its still a cool looking Sideshow version of Destro

I was expecting the original look too,but based on Sideshow's modern Joe real World,the figure so far doesn't look bad.I think once geared up (laser pistol and breif case) he'll look pretty Dr Doomish stellar

There is nothing "cool" about it.

Nobody wants "Sideshow's VERSION of Destro." That wouldn't be Destro now would it? Sideshow's job is to make a 1/6 scale figure as close to the original as possible with one of their talented sculptors. In this case, their creative team failed MISERABLY. :mad: :gah: Thank God they got the new 1/6 Cobra Commander 90 % right--I PO'd Commander day one. Hopefully Baroness 1/6 will be a saving grace too so long as they get rid of that clunky battle armor on her boots and brown belt--real sexy lols. As for Destro, like I said before, he is not going in my collection now because "he's been killed in action." Ughs FAIL.

Sideshow's job is to make a 1/6 scale figure as close to the original as possible with one of their talented sculptors.

That's not their 'job.' That's just what YOU want them to do. But this line hasn't been 'as close as possible to the classic designs' from the beginning. Just because most of the characters were more realistic than Destro its worked out for most people. Like I said earlier, I knew Destro was going to make a lot of people not happy. There was no right way to do him to please everyone. Full classic wouldn't keep with the rest of the line. Fully Sideshow wouldn't please the "classic" collectors. This is somewhere in-between and nobody seems happy :lol

34620.jpg

How (not) so far we have come since 1993 :lol

Maybe that is why I like Sideshow's version because it reminds me of this figure (HOF Destro) which I actually liked alot when I was collecting the Hall of Fame 12" stuff in the early 90's

I understand you guys wanting the Classic Destro beefed up bear chested look,I wanted that too...

34620.jpg
destro1large.jpg

How (not) so far we have come since 1993 :lol
I guess that was a big inspiration. Well, I'm happy for the 10 people in existence who love the Hall of Fame outfit design, anyway (including Teemu :D ). Maybe the ex. will be a spring loaded grenade launcher as further reference to that.

That's not their 'job.' That's just what YOU want them to do. But this line hasn't been 'as close as possible to the classic designs' from the beginning. Just because most of the characters were more realistic than Destro its worked out for most people. Like I said earlier, I knew Destro was going to make a lot of people not happy. There was no right way to do him to please everyone. Full classic wouldn't keep with the rest of the line. Fully Sideshow wouldn't please the "classic" collectors. This is somewhere in-between and nobody seems happy :lol

I like it...Can't wait for the full reveal/ pre-order...he should be loaded with weapons

Am I disappointed? a little...but I like the Elements on the figure and in hand its going to look good.

Back