1/6 SSC Destro

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
klaustik body swap, lose shirt , tuck jacket into pants, beef up his belt with pouches, clearcoat the ruby gem, and lots of futzing. and he may look better in hands. and radio on the left breast

:exactly::lecture:lecture:lecture Boy you said it. Another Sideshow Fail. First helmeted Cobra Commander now Destro too. That's two strikes in a row.

I like helmeted CC 1/6 a lot. I watched Gi Joe every morning as a little kid in the 80's. SS got CC 90% right except for the shoes and I don't care. Destro however, needs a lot of work. Destro's jacket is awful and they need to throw a gem in there that shines on his necklace. Beef up the body too.

I'm not saying you guys don't have valid points BUT, shouldn't we wait until the full reveal is here before this thing gets bashed to kingdom come? You guys sound like a bunch of newbs who haven't been though this song and dance before

Proto pics > Panic > bashing > in hand pics > "I like it!"

Sure the rest might be alright, but I'm not counting on it. This will be a $180 figure. And for that they should have teased something better.

What upsets me the most is even though the movies sucked donkey *****. Hot Toys made their figures spot on to the source material.

Sideshow, who are made of of 'fans' who grew up with Joes can't even give us accurate versions of core characters. Sure, take some creative license here and there, but put out proper versions first.

I still think Dragon or Soldier Story would have made some kick *** G.I.*JOE figures.

I think this figure looks pretty good...its a contemporary look to his character...I am sure if you guys need his sexy chest exposed,you can easily pull his shirt off

At least they could have made a flesh tone shirt (seeing 1/6 chest exposed looks bad imho) and tighter jumper outfit and add a shiny gem, then he would look a LOT more like Destro. :peace

Destro actually took the time to sculpt a permanent "people's eyebrow" into his mask? Okaaay. And nice GI Joe:Retaliation HISS Tanks in the background. :monkey1

All this wait for a dude wearing his dad's Thriller jacket.

Jesus... I thought it was bad before you pointed out the People's Eyebrow. Now it just looks horrid.

Will wait for TA to part the 5 Destro figures that greedy Sideshow allocates them out and fight against the cart snipers to get the few parts I need to make my own just like CC, Snake Eyes and Firefly.

I just save 179.99. I will wait for the full reveal but when people see my display with CC and Baroness (if she looks good) I will simply say that Destro was killed in action. So far, this figure is a pass. SS is very hit and miss with 1/6. Bring on Baroness, she looked great except for those clunker boots and BROWN belt and body armor.

Sure the rest might be alright, but I'm not counting on it. This will be a $180 figure. And for that they should have teased something better.

What upsets me the most is even though the movies sucked donkey *****. Hot Toys made their figures spot on to the source material.

Sideshow, who are made of of 'fans' who grew up with Joes can't even give us accurate versions of core characters. Sure, take some creative license here and there, but put out proper versions first.

I still think Dragon or Soldier Story would have made some kick *** G.I.*JOE figures.

Pretty much sums it up.

Yep, HT's Retaliation figures look like characters from the Retaliation movie. SSC should either make proper Joes or lose the "A Real American Hero" label on the side of the boxes.

I don't often post in this section but I collected Joe's in the 80's when I was a kid. SSC need some more quality put into the tailoring department and stop with the poor choice of materials and accessories.

I hate to mention HT in here but the materials and designs are like night and day compared to SSC.

I'm nervous waiting for Hoth Han and Luke because of their recent efforts.

A full reveal won't change much.

I hate how SS has to put their "own" touch on these GI Joe figures. Destro looks awful.

I've been questioning that for a while now.

Last edited:
I'm less than impressed, to say the least.

Preview-Destro05.jpg

So much for a new body or chromed head being reason for such a long wait.

And what's with the bath robe? :dunno

Disappointing, because this is absolutely not up to par with their other recent JOE efforts. Destro deserves much better.
I liked him better when he was hiding behind Cobra Commander :lol

I don't often post in this section but I collected Joe's in the 80's when I was a kid. SSC need some more quality put into the tailoring department and stop with the poor choice of materials and accessories.

I hate to mention HT in here but the materials and designs are like night and day compared to SSC.

I'm nervous waiting for Hoth Han and Luke because of their recent efforts.

A full reveal won't change much.

Wonder if Kato worked on this guy or not.

Last edited:
This License used to be a dream come true for the lifelong Joe fans. After waiting a complete year this should have been a release that would reignite everyone's passion but instead, here we are again united in our disappointment instead. There's a lot of fail here and I wish the head would have gotten fixed.

Chrome or bust, more menacing grimace. The head just looks all wrong, and I hope the awkward angle is responsible, but who knows...

No fuzzy bathrobe. He should look like he's wearing an expensive tailored suit.

The Gem is iconic, and should look expensive as well. I agree it should be transparent. I'd like it to feel like a real piece of Jewelry.

I want to see more before I make a decision, but this was a surprise...not what I was hoping for at all. Guess we are stuck with whatever they have already made at this point. Wish that were not the case...

Back