1/6 SSC Destro

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is 1/6th scale it should be incredibly easy to source/make a realistic looking plastic jewel or crystal of that size. Not a flatly painted piece of plastic.

I just noticed that the jewel does indeed appear to be just painted plastic and not translucent. :slap

Seriously, there was no reason or excuse to half-*** this figure after all this time.

way out in the left field, hot toys has put love in their gi joe figures, sideshow has lost interest or something. improve this sideshow then bring him back

I'm less than impressed, to say the least.

Preview-Destro05.jpg

So much for a new body or chromed head being reason for such a long wait.

And what's with the bath robe? :dunno

Disappointing, because this is absolutely not up to par with their other recent JOE efforts. Destro deserves much better.

The only thing that looks right is the necklace.

Srsly, that sculpt is terrible. Looks nothing like Destro. It's closer to Tin Man.

And the body. They waited this long to make Destro when he could have used one they already had?

Fleece jacket? He wears a jumpsuit. Stretch Jedi Lukes on it and call it day. Could not look any worse.

Ski? Mando? Time to start work on a Masked Weapons Dealer.

:lecture

No exposed chest and bathrobe is a joke. All this development time and its a tin man in a shirt and jacket.

:monkey4

I think they will adjust this like they did with Baroness. Hopefully she is ready. I think there are some yes men at SS too afraid for their jobs to say when something doesn't look quite right. Destro needs more muscle, better outfit. The fur jacket is wrong. Chromed head similar to the 80's version would be best. Also, put in a real jewel on his chest like the shiny s$%T that Barbie gets at least. Just IMO. Hopefully at reveal he will look good. :) I dig what the did with CC so I know they can improve Destro.

Meh. I saw the announcement on Twitter but after clicking on it was a bit disappointed. Looking at this figure I don't see any reason why we couldn't have gotten this a while ago.

Not Destro.

The Sideshow ship keeps sinking more and more. 5 more years before the company is out of business re: producing their own stuff, and morphing into purely a HTs ***** for North American distribution.

Which is great for collectors of their older stuff imho.

Last edited:
Well let's wait for the full reveal. You never know, but that jacket and jewel are terrible. Barbie gets shiny stones for ten bucks, Destro should at least get real crystal or stone :/.

Last edited:
I've wanted a 1:6 Destro since the day I bought my first SSC Joe.

And seems like I'm going to still be wanting one by the looks of it.

Hoping for a ridiculous reveal cause there is no way I'm buying Destro if he looks remotely like this.

Not to bash the makers of this figure, meaning sculptors, painters, and costumers but is this really what they can do? Where are people falling down? Is it in the concept? Lack of skilled workers? Price to produce higher then they can charge for a profit? I'm being serious when I say what the hell is going on?

Resting on their laurels. :dunno

Just seems so middle of road, no innovation. Shirt and jacket!?!?! Really? Where is a quality muscle body, when other companies are doing them on the regular now.

There goes my dream of having that saved shelf spot filled out by an awesome Destro figure.

Destro should quit Cobra soon and join the Metal Men.

Justice_League_Generation_Lost_Vol_1_11_Variant_Textless.jpg

Back