1/6 Sideshow - MARVEL: The Punisher Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Why are you surprised? By reading this and other comic based figure threads it seems the majority want more comic accurate figures.

I really don't believe that. I think the ones that want a more comicbooky, less realistic version are in the minority but are vocal. Same as GI Joe.

Some want more comic based, and some want more militaristic. I prefer more militaristic when it comes to the Punisher. This figure disappoints me because it's a little of both. The bright white gloves and boots don't work with a tactical look.

I actually like this because it is both. I'd I wanted comic I'd just get the Medicom. I'd I wanted just military I'd try to find the knock off War Zone movie one or any generic black suited military figure. This and Wolverine, I like the blend.

Medicom figure had the right idea, but the execution was terrible, even years back when it came out. I had it for awhile, and despite my love of Zeck and that version of Punisher, that figure had no place on my display.

I really don't believe that. I think the ones that want a more comicbooky, less realistic version are in the minority but are vocal. Same as GI Joe.
I'm not sure if I agree on this one. The whole resurgence in the GI Joe brand (that likely contributed to the SSC line being pursued, as well as the films) was due to Habro re-releasing figures in classic designs for the 25th Anniversary. But I don't think there's clear evidence to support an argument pro or con, based on sales. Sales seemed pretty weak across the board for the Joes, with a couple of exceptions in both the classic (Storm Shadow) and modern (Firefly) camps. . .I think a classic Firefly would have easily bested the popularity of the polar soldier guy we got, though.

I don't mind the blend of comic and realistic, but then you paint yourself into a corner. How much is too comic to fit in with realistic and vice versa? Right now, at least with Punisher SS has missed the mark. I don't consider myself a modern military or comic aficionado, but this piece seems like someone cobbled together pieces from their fodder box.

They already went with the white boots and gloves. Why not complete the look with a white belt, longer gloves and a full painted skull?

Right now it just looks like a figure bashed together from Toy Anxiety parts.

SS could have gone all-comic on one figure and all modern on another. Perhaps there were no plans for more than one figure and SS were trying to get more bang for their buck and combine the market.

SS could have gone all-comic on one figure and all modern on another. Perhaps there were no plans for more than one figure and SS were trying to get more bang for their buck and combine the market.

Exactly, Punisher has had many costumes throughout his career, instead of cobbling and making an amalgam figure make two versions (classic and modern militaristic look) to please fans of both, or better yet have him include two outfits. Comic lines benefit more through fan polls, it would be nice if Sideshow did this to see which versions of the characters fans want first, instead of trying to piece together a kit bash and end up pleasing no one.

I'm one of the few that liked the GI Joe line... although I'd have preferred more card-art accuracy, what I did like was that they were relatively consistent across the line. Because of that consistency, they look great on the shelf!
For me, that's the problem with this Punisher. If he's already got bright white boots and gloves, there is no reason for the Skull to be faded.

As others have suggested, this would be better done similar to the DC Batman. Do one version of the figure with white gloves, boots, a bright white skull, white magazine pouches at the front of his belt, in other words, a more comic version. Then do another version, more tactical, military, with a faded skull, black/grey gloves and boots etc.

I wouldn't mind if he didn't have a white harness, as long as the other white accessories were there....

They already went with the white boots and gloves. Why not complete the look with a white belt, longer gloves and a full painted skull?

Right now it just looks like a figure bashed together from Toy Anxiety parts.

Kevin said they attempted the full on comic look but backed off it and ditched the white belt. Said the belt with the ammo pouch skull teeth didn't translate as well as they'd hoped...so they got rid of it. I also asked would they be including black gloves and boots to make it more tactical and less comic so collectors could chose. He said no. The look we are getting is how it's displayed.

Got the base decal! Looks great! Thanks.

Kevin said they attempted the full on comic look but backed off it and ditched the white belt. Said the belt with the ammo pouch skull teeth didn't translate as well as they'd hoped...so they got rid of it. I also asked would they be including black gloves and boots to make it more tactical and less comic so collectors could chose. He said no. The look we are getting is how it's displayed.

I find that amazing due to the number of high-quality, comic styled Punisher figures made by Elvis1976 alone. The look certainly can work, and there has been plenty of blueprints for it.

I find that amazing due to the number of high-quality, comic styled Punisher figures made by Elvis1976 alone. The look certainly can work, and there has been plenty of blueprints for it.

I think it was a logistic issue. Not that they couldn't get it to look good, but could it make it out of production and look good?

I'm in for the three releases. I hope they continue the line and maybe offer never-before-made comic book releases too.

Well either they didn't search for too long.
Full on comic style can definitely work if it's done the right way.

Mix of both IMO doesn't work at all.

Here's two I have made years ago with a more comics style look and another one more tactical looking.

10410474_10205105761383162_7449762875950091714_n_zpsbfb58utv.jpg

537029_10202020636776975_97100566_n_zps5unhfu9h.jpg

11174886_10206429842204355_850033899459333195_n_zpsmsrvrmq0.jpg

Love the first two, specially the second one, because of the full suit and no tactical trousers. From the first one I like the detail of the knife holster in the boot.

I am in the process of making one myself. Bought from Tony Mei the other skull logo

11822787_10155839626695035_7557311205805472340_n.jpg

outfit seems off, they should have gone with dark grey or black for the gloves and boots. That sculpt is amazing though!

Back