1/6 SCALE URUK HAI COMMANDER - SIBERIAN CUSTOM STUDIO

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've bought from Alex before, never had an issue other than long wait times which is normal.

I don't really like the headsculpt, why is his face like that? Is his forehead always that huge?

Have you seen his company site on facebook? Siberian Custom Studios (I think it was "From Russia with love customs" before the name change iirc)

They have plenty of pics there of great looking stuff and released quiet some figs or even OOAK figures
I don't believe Alex and his studio siberian custom studios is in any way connected to from Russia With Love Customs.

Alex has been doing this for a few years. I've purchased two figures from him in the past and both turned out great. I have two more on pre-order - however, the one comment I would add is that his runs can get delayed and in the case of the two I am waiting on we are talking a long time. Both of those figures were custom orders rather than one of his wider releases like Lurtz and in my experience he tends to give priority to his wider release figures.

I really like this figure and the character is one that I've wanted for the longest time but I'm not sold on the likeness of the head sculpt (and I'm not a fan of seamless bodies). The outfit, Weapons and armour though are all fantastic.

I don't believe Alex and his studio siberian custom studios is in any way connected to from Russia With Love Customs.

Alex has been doing this for a few years. I've purchased two figures from him in the past and both turned out great. I have two more on pre-order - however, the one comment I would add is that his runs can get delayed and in the case of the two I am waiting on we are talking a long time. Both of those figures were custom orders rather than one of his wider releases like Lurtz and in my experience he tends to give priority to his wider release figures.

I really like this figure and the character is one that I've wanted for the longest time but I'm not sold on the likeness of the head sculpt (and I'm not a fan of seamless bodies). The outfit, Weapons and armour though are all fantastic.
Ah okay my bad than with FRWL

Everybody has their own likes and dislikes - I love seamless bodies and I really like the HS. Maybe because I'm not a die die diehard LotR fan but show me five different Lurtz/Orc heads and I couldn't tell you which one is the movie one. Orcs/Uruk-Hais are all ugly monsters.

On the other hand, I wish more parts of the outfit were diecast not just the chest one. Maybe add some wood too for the weapons.

I finally decided to buy this figure, after all we don't know when/if Asmus can release a version of Lurtz and it's such an iconic character... I was not convinced by the chest protection and asked Alex if he could make a more accurate one for the production ones and he told me he will consider that. It will be a long wait but I'm really excited we have an opportunity to get this figure. Concerning the payment if you contact him via facebook it's 250$ deposit, 250$ in february 2024 and 230$ when the figure is ready to ship.
:)

Attachments

• 362932108_1962802744078634_1739548063370417627_n.jpg
    362932108_1962802744078634_1739548063370417627_n.jpg
    286 KB · Views: 0
  • 10b353c3410cf09dc2ffe320144d39f3.jpg
    10b353c3410cf09dc2ffe320144d39f3.jpg
    28.5 KB · Views: 0
  • 10b353c3410.jpg
    10b353c3410.jpg
    32.4 KB · Views: 0
There will be price adjustments on this... as there are with many custom projects. Especially if they are trying to make things more accurate. It will simply cost more. And once you're in, you're in. I've seen this happen with custom projects. And many people on the run will be asking for adjustments for accuracy over the next two years, whether you want it or not.

So far there has been "more glove grip options" added and now "new chest armor" added. At some point, the price will have to go up if changes continue.

I'm still tempted by this piece, it looks fantastic, but at this $830 base price I am nervous to jump onboard something that is open to change and is so far away.

Last edited:
I'm not a fan of changes after the prototype. I paid for what I saw and don't want changes later (except for additional stuff like open hands)

I'm not a fan of changes after the prototype. I paid for what I saw and don't want changes later (except for additional stuff like open hands)
People are always a little overly excited and blinded by the shiny new prototype before them that inaccuracies often go unnoticed.

I'm paying (once I finally order) for the best quality and faithful recreation of the character possible. This is especially true of custom pieces.
I also expect Improvemnts and corrections to be made when flaws are pointed out.

Custom artists are working with the same reference material the rest of us fans have so, it's very likely that they will miss details. When buyers notice these instances, it's to the bennefit of all.

This is a natural part of the collabrative process between artist and consumer.

The screen accurate chest armour is far more appealing to me than the simplified prototype interpretation.

Buying this should make it the definitive Lurtz so I don't want Asmus to release a Crown version several years down the line and find that they've done multiple areas better than the custom I paid 3x as much for.

I finally decided to buy this figure, after all we don't know when/if Asmus can release a version of Lurtz and it's such an iconic character... I was not convinced by the chest protection and asked Alex if he could make a more accurate one for the production ones and he told me he will consider that. It will be a long wait but I'm really excited we have an opportunity to get this figure. Concerning the payment if you contact him via facebook it's 250$ deposit, 250$ in february 2024 and 230$ when the figure is ready to ship.
:)
Ha, when I contacted him right at the beginning of the release he quote me the same price as OSK... $780.

I think I'm gonna pass. Face not perfect and only 1 pair of non gripping hands. I'll wait for asmus. They are hit and miss on sculpts but I think they can hand monsters sculpts pretty consistently.

I ordered from Kit last night.
Found myself a pretty decent diorama base that's evocative of Amon Hen too.

Lurtz is just too great to not buy, even if his face barely looks like Lurtz...
The latest Weta statue also misses the mark with his sculpt. I'm paying that off atm so, as I prefer figures, I can sell that off when it releases and won't feel like I've blown such a monumnetal amount of cash.

And yeah, I'll probably get the Asmus version as well. You can never have too many Uruks.

I ordered from Kit last night.
Found myself a pretty decent diorama base that's evocative of Amon Hen too.

Lurtz is just too great to not buy, even if his face barely looks like Lurtz...
The latest Weta statue also misses the mark with his sculpt. I'm paying that off atm so, as I prefer figures, I can sell that off when it releases and won't feel like I've blown such a monumnetal amount of cash.

And yeah, I'll probably get the Asmus version as well. You can never have too many Uruks.
Pretty much where I'm at. Can always kitbash together the perfect Lurtz depending on/if Asmus/INART does him. I really don't think INART will do him so really it's just a matter on whether Asmus does him and if they do a good job with it. Super tempted to put down an order.

Pretty much where I'm at. Can always kitbash together the perfect Lurtz depending on/if Asmus/INART does him. I really don't think INART will do him so really it's just a matter on whether Asmus does him and if they do a good job with it. Super tempted to put down an order.
There’s a $300 NRD with Kit so you definitely need to be sure you want it before committing.
I’ve heard he allows you to pay off orders gradually in instalments if you email him so I will probably go down the route of slowly chipping away at the remaining $480.

Customs always take forever so I can probably pay it off in relatively small amounts over what I’m assuming will be an 18 month wait (despot the Q3 2024 estimated shipping date,) which is always a good way to mask the true cost of something so pricey.

There’s a $300 NRD with Kit so you definitely need to be sure you want it before committing.
I’ve heard he allows you to pay off orders gradually in instalments if you email him so I will probably go down the route of slowly chipping away at the remaining $480.

Customs always take forever so I can probably pay it off in relatively small amounts over what I’m assuming will be an 18 month wait (despot the Q3 2024 estimated shipping date,) which is always a good way to mask the true cost of something so pricey.
yep Kit does allow us to pay in instalments, just simply email him and ask him to create an invocie for X amount then you get the paypal invoice via email and you pay it then he updates the remaining balance shortly. The whole story was done for me within 40 minutes.

Last edited:
yep Kit does allow us to pay in instalments, just simply email him and ask him to create an invocie for X amount then you get the paypal invoice via email and you pay it then he updates the remaining balance shortly. The whole story was done for me within 40 minutes.
12 $40 payments seems like the most sensible way to go to really break down that remaining balance.

Back