1/6 SCALE URUK HAI COMMANDER - SIBERIAN CUSTOM STUDIO

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I ordered it. Will make epic LotR display
I would be jealous if it didn’t cost sooo much! I really hope it turns out exactly like proto and that you like it a lot. Keep us updated even if it takes awhile to release!

Actually, looking back at how much I shelled out this year for a DX15, it wasn’t far off from this... Very tempting.

Last edited:
That Lurtz is killing me. I want it so bad... but $780 really pushes the outside limit of my devotion.

Not even InArt would charge that much.

I feel the same way. When I saw that Lurtz it was a dream come true then the nightmare of the price hit...

But seriously, a small custom shop will have to charge more for these products due to their limited resources.

That's why I was asking how many are they making. They likely don't know yet. But if it was, say, an edition size of only 15 or something, then the price reflects the rarity.

If they do 30 or 40 or more, then I'd think the price could be a bit less. But hey, they are well aware of pricing and what people will pay.

I also still feel that Lurtz is the kind of "villain" that InArt would do because of the excellent mixed media figure it would be. If InArt does continue with FOTR, and gives us a Gimli and a Frodo, then I would wager Lurtz might be the villain follow-up to the Nazgul.

I would PO that Lurtz immediately if the sculpt worked for me. I just don’t think it captures the character at all.
Saw those pics on Facebook a few days ago and, despite the incredible craftsmanship of the armour and weapons, and the great hair job, I just can’t overlook the disappointing face at that price point.

For $300 (the NRD amount!) I’d have been in but, since I have the Weta Classic statue on order and there’s a reasonable likelihood of Asmus and InArt producing Lurtz someday, I think I can keep on waiting.

Also, it’s shipping direct from Russia, which means, despite the shipping being covered, I’d still get hit with a further 20%+ upon arrival. No ta.

That's why I was asking how many are they making. They likely don't know yet. But if it was, say, an edition size of only 15 or something, then the price reflects the rarity.

If they do 30 or 40 or more, then I'd think the price could be a bit less. But hey, they are well aware of pricing and what people will pay.

I also still feel that Lurtz is the kind of "villain" that InArt would do because of the excellent mixed media figure it would be. If InArt does continue with FOTR, and gives us a Gimli and a Frodo, then I would wager Lurtz might be the villain follow-up to the Nazgul.

:pray::pray::pray:

1690576459773.png
1690576478213.png
1690576486753.png
1690576492993.png
1690576499336.png
1690576505628.png
1690576513421.png
1690576519753.png

I like the Lurtz fig very much.
For the 20%: At least he told me there would be no additional taxes...hope it is true. Well i will report how it goes :)

Ok, I checked back and found this recent response from Asmus regarding a Lurtz-
CA9B7E7B-AE86-4F04-A28F-890FEC08AB63.jpeg

So, Asmus Lurtz is potentially due in the ‘next phase’ of releases, presumably after Thranduil has released.
He absolutely has to be a Crown release after all this time so I’m pinning my hopes on Asmus or InArt- although they are less likely- as opposed to shelling out for this very expensive custom with what I deem an unsatisfactory sculpt.

Back