1:6 Scale STAP w/ Battle Droid

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: 1/6 STAP with Battle Droid

Now this is what im talking about!

The articulated base is a very fine feature. Only problem is breakage issues.

Really find the STAP an uninspired design myself. Machines flying machines. Why didn't they just make flying robots with guns built in?

I suppose it's simple design and size makes it appealing to ease into "vehicles"... but I wish SS would just make the speeder bike.

We will see. I have never been a fan of the S.T.A.P. design. But I am all the way stoked to FINALLY be getting a 1:6 scale vehicle from Sideshow. I will be watching this intently. And I will be down for multiples until I find out that it is a polystone statue-type base for the figures like the Dewback.

Edit - And thanks for the link, Qrest Fourstar. With the issues I am having with the newsletter, who knows when I might have finally gotten to see the preview.

Looked great at comic-con just not sure its something I want.

Really find the STAP an uninspired design myself. Machines flying machines. Why didn't they just make flying robots with guns built in?

I suppose it's simple design and size makes it appealing to ease into "vehicles"... but I wish SS would just make the speeder bike.

Well this is a step in the right direction though. It's basically just a speeder bike for droids, plus Sideshow knows for sure that fans are dying for the speeder bike. This was probably just a way to test out what they could do before moving on the the juicy stuff.

Going to have to wait for the Battle Droids I ordered to get here before I make a decision on this, but the price seems fair considering it comes with a droid, so this looks to be a must buy for me. That articulated base is the icing on the cake. Very cool.

I'm surprised people are ragging on this or simply saying "pass" so quickly. Reminds me of those people ragging on dioramas when they've never owned one before or the people who ragged on Jabba when he was announced. IMO these big items or unique items make everything else look like nothing special. Maybe people are afraid of doing that to their collections. :lol

Must have item for me if I can afford it.

I'm hoping for $150 as one BD is $60, I figure the STAP should be about $90.

:lecture My thoughts exactly!
I do like the vehicle a LOT, but I have to draw the line with some of the OT stuff...

That's where I'm at. I've got Joe stuff I want to grab, Marvel stuff, other SW items, and of course at the top of the list LOTR/The Hobbit stuff. Just can't swing it all until I win the lottery.

Well crap, I guess I can get rid of the 1/6th STAP model I hav now.

This is well done. However, it will probably cost more than I can swing for a set that I don't consider essential to my collection.

nice.another unique item.
I guess we will see...if the price is right i will get one.definately would stand out amongst the figures.
Wonder how soon it will be out.

Hope so to Khev.
with that there base for the STAP,one for the speeder bike would be a given.
wonder if the Landspeeder would get one?
Hell...i hope they do a Bloodfin!!!

Finally saw the preview shot.

I like it -the base is really cool, giving different display options. I've always liked this design - looked like a knife blade cutting through that Naboo forest. It's a great representation of Chaing's aesthetic with a dash of McQuarrie.

One could always swap out the BD for the CW Anakin figure...he's certainly commandeered one of these a time or two on the CW show...

The detailing looks pretty well done and we know the BD's feet will stay well fixed to the pedals with magnets.

If it's not too pricey, I'm gonna go for it - it's going to make a pretty distinctive display piece...

I think it's a given that the classic Speeder Bike is going to see the light of day in sixth-scale from Sideshow. In the meantime, I think it's great that they produce some other vehicles in this scale too...

Curious to see what the price will be. We know a BD is $60, so if this is $200, that makes the STAP $140.

Back