1:6 Scale STAP w/ Battle Droid

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: 1:6 Scale STAP Battle Droid

Pretty awesome. I built and painted the ERTL model as well, but have been stuck on how to weather it appropriately. Right now it looks like it just rolled of the Geonosis assembly line and was freshly waxed.

I already had the droid 2 pack on order, the STAP is going to be a definite pre-order for me.

I'm hoping that SS makes a destroyer droid too. Those were my personal favorites.

I mentioned in the Battle Droid thread how cool it would be if they made a STAP to go with the BD. Wow! Looks like they did!

Man, too many cool releases coming out and I told myself I would cut back a bit on buying collectibles.

Still feel like this is pretty cool... but I'm not a huge fan of the STAP design so unless the price is low I can't see spending the cash on one or dedicating the display space.

But, this makes me feel that getting a Speederbike is almost guaranteed :lecture

I'm really happy with this, the STAP is one of my favorite separatist vehicles, along with the AAT, Grievous' ship (fighter and cruiser) and the vulture droid (which is technically not a vehicle). I know that from a design perspective, the production team for ILM was trying to come up with a look for the Seps that was very 'alien' looking, but aesthetically, the Republic vehicles just have it all over the Separatist ones. Almost every Jedi/Republic vehicle looks sleek and cool, while the Separatists just have some...oddball stuff. So it's great to have one of the cooler Sep vehicles in 1/6 scale. As for Anakin riding it, for that to be proper, you'd need to repaint the thing, so you might as well customize a stand for it with a wide base so it wouldn't tip? Maybe a base that looks like the rock face of a cliff?

Good idea. I might just do a grass plain base.

That would be sick! Make the base wide enough you could put one of the other BDs on it marching along side the STAP!

Thats even a better idea. Thanks!

I thought, an easy way out is to work on a shoe box cover.:lol

I'll take it!!!!!!:yess:

COMICON2011_082.jpg

COMICON2011_083.jpg

COMICON2011_084.jpg

Thats even a better idea. Thanks!

I thought, an easy way out is to work on a shoe box cover.:lol

:lol

I think I might just make mine into a lamp - y'know, like that leg lamp from "A Christmas Story"? I figure if I make any future creatures/vehicles into furniture, I can justify buying them because, hey, it's practical!:wink1:

Stay tuned for my Dewback footrest and Cantina napkin holder/salt n pepper shakers...!

"Could you pass Greedo? My soups a little bland!":nana:

I thought I could make an 1:6 environment piece out of a shoe box lid.

Paint the lid green, punch a hole for the STAP's stand to go throught and have some BDs running around.:D

Re: 1/6 STAP with Battle Droid

I'm just kidding... it actually looks very good. But I'm not really interested in the STAP.

Now, now....

Page isn't working yet, but I'm curious. Really enjoying these Infantry Droids and the pics of the prototype at SDCC last year looked real good.

Gotta see more pics before pulling the trigger....at least it's something that hasn't been rendered in this scale yet...

Really? I was able to see the preview through the newsletter and through the link in the first post :huh

looks like nice weathering anyway.................but i dare not tread down that path.

Back