1:6 Scale STAP w/ Battle Droid

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: 1:6 Scale STAP Battle Droid

Oh I do too. I'm mostly kidding but there really is no going back to that feeling of the SW saga as a whole prior to May 1999.

Depends on your age. Me and most people younger than myself I don't think got truly excited about SW until the PT came out.

Video1.jpg

Video2.jpg

I'll vidcap STAPs soon too.

Ordered!!!

This has to be the best SDCC for Sideshow yet...and it hasn't even started. Surfer was right when he said we'd all be blown away.

Ordered? and not blown away yet..im not that easy

Well I wonder if the STAP can support an actual 1/6 figure. I just couldnt see it holding up Anakin. The battle droids will be light but Im not sure if Anakin would not just pull it right over.

I wonder what it's made of. Remember the bendy holo-chair?

I hope when they offer us the Scout troopers, they will also offer us speeder bikes. Or those scout clones on the chicken walker or the BARC Speeder. I think most of us would prefer those.

Like the battle droids, the STAP looks really detailed. I'm not sure if I'll pick one up though.

I also like that the battle droids will be packaged in the folded up position. Smart.

You voiced all of my thoughts :lecture

I'm really happy with this, the STAP is one of my favorite separatist vehicles, along with the AAT, Grievous' ship (fighter and cruiser) and the vulture droid (which is technically not a vehicle). I know that from a design perspective, the production team for ILM was trying to come up with a look for the Seps that was very 'alien' looking, but aesthetically, the Republic vehicles just have it all over the Separatist ones. Almost every Jedi/Republic vehicle looks sleek and cool, while the Separatists just have some...oddball stuff. So it's great to have one of the cooler Sep vehicles in 1/6 scale. As for Anakin riding it, for that to be proper, you'd need to repaint the thing, so you might as well customize a stand for it with a wide base so it wouldn't tip? Maybe a base that looks like the rock face of a cliff?

Silentsurfer mp sent, please i wait your answer thank you :1-1:

You sent Military Police after me?! You son of a... Oh, wait, you meant a PM. Yes, I got it. I've been crazy busy. I'll get back to PMs after SDCC.

I thought you had indicated a while back that you liked the CW show. Did you change your mind after a while?

I hate, hate, HATE the CLONE WARS movie. Ziro The Hutt and the little Hutt turdlett are by the far the nadir of this franchise. Makes Jar Jar & the Ewoks look as cool as Darth Maul and the battle droids look as bad ass as IG-88 by comparison.

But I gave the show a go. Overall, it's hit or miss. Some episodes are really cool. The one with Yoda and the small group of clones stranded on the planet behind enemy lines remains my favorite. Yoda in the campfire scene there is absolutely Yoda from TESB.

But a lot of the show just nauseates me. The clones are cool, but they've gone into overkill with them now. But it's the Ashoka/Anakin stuff that really makes me facepalm constantly. That's such a bellweather for how contrived the entire show is in the first place. There is no way to watch ROTS and believe that character existed or 1/2 the stuff in the show took place beforehand. Which makes sense... because it didn't. Retconning is and always will be a dumb exercise. Too bad it's Lucas' defacto way of storytelling these days.

The show a commercial success, but a total creative waste, imho.

Back