1:6 Scale Sideshow Old Ben Kenobi

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
and goes on adventures to the the pet store where your kid dropped his favorite toy, Buzz Lightyear!

Bet no one sees this coming.

buzzben.jpg

Good job on those last few! The earlier ones didn't seem like they blended as well as these as far as lighting goes. These are far more spot on.

And now for something completely different. Ben is a dick when it comes to sports.

28.jpg

29.jpg

30.jpg
owww! the ol' finger in the eye trick. that's gonna leave a mark.:lol

That's what I was going to say. It's so funny how he seems to change expressions like that.

I've got so much I want to do, but if I can work it in, I may do a light experiment set of images to show how just the lighting changes the expression on the face, same camera angle and all, just mix it up. It is a powerful sculpt in that it can reflect so many moods.

If you don't like the way the hood sometimes looks like the point sticks out like Ben is wearing an ice cream cone on the back of his head, place a small ball bearing or a fishing weight or a few BBs in it and it will sit down nicely.

Don't use too much weight or you'll have to use some tupe tape to hold the hood on his head - which should not be necessary...

I like the point because that is exactly how it was in ANH. Take a look, just makes it all the more satisfying that they didn't just throw in his old Jedi robe.

The point is a little too far back, it is the look of ANH but could be a little less back from his head, I had to compensate for the distance in a few of my hooded shots for stills.

:chew:chew:chew

Got my Obi Wan today!!!!!
Of course living in Australia,we get them a few weeks after you guys sometimes.Definately worth the wait.
Maulfan-awesome new batch of pics once again-gr8 skill there mate.If this is what you can do with the AWESOME Obi Wan-then i really do look forward to what you can do with Darth Sidious or Palpatine Vs Mace/Kit Fisto ;):emperor

And welcome from yet another Aussie! Alas I missed the preorder (got the days mixed up) and the wait list didn't come through, so it's off to eBay for me ...

Re: the Buzz pic, "To a galaxy far, far away ... and beyond!!!"

I finally just recieved Old Ben and what can I say other than WOW! It's simply stunning! My only complaint is that they gave him a brown turtle neck shirt when it should be a black regular shirt, other than that he's perfect! :D

Back