1:6 Scale Sideshow Old Ben Kenobi

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mike, I had to carefully but firmly force his hand to his chin. It was as if the elbow joint was locked up or something.

And I hate that doll dot too.:emperor

Thanks Adam, I'll give that a try later on tonight. I just don't want to move it too hard and break his arm or the elbow joint!

While taking shots for my next batch of stills, I decided to do something a little different.

bwowk1.jpg

bwowk2.jpg

Thanks everyone, now back to the fun :D

40.jpg

41.jpg

42.jpg

43.jpg

44.jpg

THAT IS ABSOLUTELY THE BEST EVER! And it does look like real film stills.

The last pic gets me. It reminds me of that first picture I saw in the Time Magazine article in '77 when I was a kid, scanning the pictures and trying to figure out what the heck this movie was all about. I remember wondering why an alien (Vader, who I mistook for an alien) was fighting a monk.

you really got his hood looking good there maulfan. i always have trouble getting the hoods to be screen accurate. i was actually watching scenes from this movie yesterday to pose ben and i spent a long time futzing with the hood to make it look right. still working on it though.

Thanks guys. The hood is tedious, but they all are though. Thankfully, a few shots didn't require changes to the hood, but it took a little bit between shots to futz with it. The biggest challenge is that cloth in this scale does not wrinkle like 1:1 or I'm guessing even 1:4, I haven't had a hooded PF yet. I usually try to get the essence of the hood's appearance.

Absolutely stellar job there, Maulfan!

It really is amazing how well this figure fits into these stills. Maybe it just means that Guinness didn't have as wide a dramatic range as we thought. :lol

WOW-just WOW.
My first post on here and what a better way to celebrate it by saying Maulfan-your pics are absolutely AMAZING!!!!!!
WOW...they are fantastic,so life like and realistic.You really have captured the scope of the movie with this amazing figure.
what a joy to look at.

Back