1:6 Scale Sideshow Old Ben Kenobi

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well it should be a turtleneck, but much thinner material, not ribbed, and lighter brown, but it still works fine as is.

So I FINALLY opened up my Exclusive Old Ben, and had a lot of fun figuring out what pose to leave him in for now. This figure is absolutely amazing! Hands down the best FIGURE in the line.

As an EXCLUSIVE, however? Total crap. I didn't expect much from a little gummy Leia, but man...they could have at LEAST made her so she could stand up! The bottom of my exclusive has a slight curve to it, pretty much making her fall down every time I try to place her in my display case. And I was hoping to display her with a Hasbro R2 I just purchased on eBay. :monkey2

"What a piece of junk!" Indeed. :(

funtac.jpg

Doesn't that stuff leave a nasty residue on things? And I could've sworn it discolors plastics over time...? Or am I imagining this?

Point is, even Hasbro can make a dinky holo/gummy figure capable of standing up. I'm shocked sometimes at the QC on this high-end stuff. I'm not a SS hater (or even much of a complainer usually) by any means, but items like this and the horrific mess that is the Holochair Sidious make me go "WTF?" These aren't little $5 toys here.

I've used it on painted walls before and never had residue or discoloring, so I think plastic would be okay.

Doesn't that stuff leave a nasty residue on things? And I could've sworn it discolors plastics over time...? Or am I imagining this?

Point is, even Hasbro can make a dinky holo/gummy figure capable of standing up. I'm shocked sometimes at the QC on this high-end stuff. I'm not a SS hater (or even much of a complainer usually) by any means, but items like this and the horrific mess that is the Holochair Sidious make me go "WTF?" These aren't little $5 toys here.

If you don't want your gummie Leia ill buy her. :monkey3:monkey3:lol

I'm thinking I might heat her up with a hair dryer and force her bottom to straighten out... (wait, that didn't sound right :lol) Is this a bad idea?

Mine stands just fine too but I bet if you lay a piece of sandpaper on a flat surface and scrape the base of her dress across it to flatten it out she would stand.

They should use a hard plastic. Like the holo Sidious that came with the Hasbro 3" Dooku. And for the chair, detent joints. Something a Grievous should use and certain others. Hasbro's Marvel Legends has used this and I think the Hot Toys Predators do, too.

I have to say Ben is the best figure to date. I actually dont really want to water treat his cloak either as in the movie it was sort of bulky and not like the PT Jedi cloaks at all. I really cannot wait to have Luke to go with him.

Back