1/6 scale Landspeeder

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Came across some new (at least to me) video stills ref pics of the landspeeder. Right-click for larger images.

Some good paint ref in these, as well as a distortion-free side shot of the plexi windshield. In the front-on shot you can really see just how small, narrow and low (ie not very vertically tall) the vehicle was.

Of special note is the inverted pic of the unpainted speeder where you can see that the bottom of the seats was almost aligned with the bottom face of the speeder body (though the inserted black leather cushions would have made the seat surfaces themselves maybe 3-4" higher.) "Bottoming out" on the landspeeder would have been bottoming out in more ways than one.:lol

Love the pics of these old UK prop shop blokes making this iconic vehicle.

qIMywOc.jpg

Nice one Talibane !!

Yep totally agree that accurate paint app references are very important at this point.

My browser was set to block java for this site as it kept crashing the browser, but that also blocked any advanced features like image posting. I'd check the browser settings. If it's chrome, a sign something is blocked is a little red cross at the end of the address bar next to the star.

Talibane, I've been blown away with the reference pics in both this thread and the Gonk thread. Amazing stuff.

Have quite a few updates to post, but can no longer post images as the tool bar is missing :dunno:
Any advice guys?

Just set up an imgur, photobucket or flickr account, drag/drop to upload, then select the BB code links to paste into your board post.

Don't use the attach feature on here, it's kind useless anyway.

Just set up an imgur, photobucket or flickr account, drag/drop to upload, then select the BB code links to paste into your board post.

Don't use the attach feature on here, it's kind useless anyway.

The one great thing about the attach function is that the images will always be available to see, not depending on outside sources. Som images seem to have gone now anyway with the board "upgrade" but still lurking through an old thread only to find orphaned links where glorious pictures of all kinds of wonderful things used to be is depressing.

Have been putting off remaking the side grilles, but finally got round to re-doing them, to get the right look and feel I had to make them individually by hand one slat a time. Although it took me most of the day to get them just right, i'm really pleased with the end result:

image 003.JPG

image 004.JPG

image 005.JPG

Also got a coat of primer on the bonnet detail:
image 001.JPG

Interior is done:
image 002.JPG

I'll be tweaking the steering wheel very slightly as I think its a little bit thick, I've also hidden a small magnet to the rear shelf so its now super easy to remove.
I just need to finish the damaged engine then over to Pete for painting, leaving me to complete the screen, base and a few little extras.

Been a long time in the development but will be so worth it and nothing even comes close to this level of detail or quality.

Looks PHENOMENAL!!!!!!!!!

This has been the hardest wait in all my years of collecting! Sideshow originally announced they were going to do one around 2011, so I feel like I've been waiting since then :impatient:

I'm so happy I've been able to jump onboard this amazing project!

Yeah, looks great.:clap

Would love to see some overall (straight-on side and front views) pics of the final shape as it stands today. I got mixed up with some older pics a few weeks ago re: the top engine nacelle. The detail pics above are great but distort the body too much to really see it properly

Yeah sorry about the wait, I'm always ridiculously busy but finally getting there now.

Looks PHENOMENAL!!!!!!!!!

This has been the hardest wait in all my years of collecting! Sideshow originally announced they were going to do one around 2011, so I feel like I've been waiting since then :impatient:

I'm so happy I've been able to jump onboard this amazing project!

No need to apologise Jas - was just saying how happy I'm am that it's finally going to be a reality after bloody Sideshow through out a false start :slap

My browser is still playing silly and wont let me post any images from my works PC so will do it later when I get home.

I have some final update images before shipping to Pete for painting, as I picked up the custom packaging, I've got the last few Mos Eisley dios to ship first so should still be this week.

I've made some room in my inbox as I'm getting a lot of full inbox messages.

I've had a considerable increase in interest in this Speeder (I wonder why?)

It's usually better to email me direct @ [email protected]

Post later chaps

Jas

As promised here are the latest and more or less finished prototype, showing the new movie accurate bent/uneven side grilles:

IMG_8785.JPG

IMG_8788.JPG

Some of the individual parts primed and ready for final wet sanding in prep for painting;
IMG_8909.JPG

IMG_8912.JPG

Here is me adding the fine details / wiring to the damage engine:
IMG_8919.JPG

IMG_8921.JPG

IMG_8925.JPG

IMG_8931.JPG

IMG_8934.JPG

Here is the final build all ready for shipping in the custom packaging:
IMG_8940.JPG

Another update is Pete & me have decided to offer an installment option once we lock in the price and are 100% happy that the end product is of a high enough quality for you guys.

We are also including a diorama display base, on-board sound module, internal Fiber-optics and possibly an "extra item" (at no extra cost)

PS: the screen is a bit tricky to get just right so will be something I'm working on whilst Pete is working his magic.

Jas

Kicking myself that I wasn?t quick enough to get in on this project. You guys that did will be getting an exceptional piece :clap

Looks Great Jas. Well worth the wait.

Looking forward to seeing the diorama base you are putting tougher. I have a specific spot reserved for this in my display room. Want to see if I'll be able to work that into my space/plan, or if I'll display without it. Either way, this speeder is AWESOME. Been dreaming about having this in 1/6 scale for way too many years.

Back