1/6 scale Landspeeder

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hopefully painted pics aren't too far away. Looking forward to seeing this in colors beyond its yellow underwear.

Morning chaps, had a few days away from the bench whilst my Son is back home from Uni.

The final upgrade is ready to install, I needed to add a battery pack to power the fibre optics so thought I may as well see if I could squeeze in an MP3 sound module (used quite a few of these in the past on other builds)

Please note that adding this sound module will not increase the final price as they are only a few ££

Image 133.jpg

A little testing and tweaking to see if it will actual fit (this is why I held back with the cockpit as I always planned on adding fibre optics and a sound board and just needed to figure out if it was possible or not)

Now everything is falling into place I can finally start looking at full production.

Again some help and input from you guys would be very much appreciated as this is your build as much as it is mine.
What sounds would you like to hear?

Jas

The final upgrade is ready to install, I needed to add a battery pack to power the fibre optics so thought I may as well see if I could squeeze in an MP3 sound module (used quite a few of these in the past on other builds)

Jas

Morning Jas. Thanks for the update. An interesting addition. Very exciting.

I also added something like this to a Falcon I did. My question would be does the battery pack (or board) have the option to plug in a DC power source ?

I guess many may not be so keen on batteries due to potential leakage. Plus with a mains connection it is possible to turn on with a simple cheap DC remote controller.

Morning Jas. Thanks for the update. An interesting addition. Very exciting.

I also added something like this to a Falcon I did. My question would be does the battery pack (or board) have the option to plug in a DC power source ?

I guess many may not be so keen on batteries due to potential leakage. Plus with a mains connection it is possible to turn on with a simple cheap DC remote controller.

:goodpost:

That's a great idea, and to be honest would be far easier to add a small power socket rather than try and squeeze a battery box in there.

Consider it done :clap

Jas

:goodpost:

That's a great idea, and to be honest would be far easier to add a small power socket rather than try and squeeze a battery box in there.

Consider it done :clap

Jas

I guess it also depends a little on how your special "floating display" support works. And if it's possible to get a cable in without it being too visible.

With what I have in mind for the base (yep there should be a base at no extra cost) the cable can easily be hidden away

Most of the sound FX have been "acquired" and will start QC testing this week.

So far I've gone for a couple of speeder accelerating sound FX and the "These aren't the droids we're looking for" dialog.
Please feel free to suggest what else you would like...within reason :wink1:

I am hoping to have No#1 painted by end of the Month......so as long as I am happy with the quality of the body casts this weekend I'm good to go.

Price point also looks on target so it's all coming together nicely now :yess:.....if a little late

Jas

All sound FX are now DL'd onto the board and it sounds great, surprisingly loud and high sound quality for the size.

The benefit from using this module is it will be hidden inside the Speeder itself and not the base so the sound will be from the actual vehicle and not the base.

Finishing off a Mos Eisley dio and casting the first Speeder body using the new moulds this weekend.

Please note this won't be an "extra" and will be a standard feature and won't cost you any more hard earned cash.

Jas

This is some build, which Hot Toys will never offer. I mean, painstaking accuracy, top skills and tools, remote controlled sounds, themed base...
Worth every penny, but come to think of it... how much was the price of this? I can't no longer remember...
m.

This is some build, which Hot Toys will never offer. I mean, painstaking accuracy, top skills and tools, remote controlled sounds, themed base...
Worth every penny, but come to think of it... how much was the price of this? I can't no longer remember...
m.
Scratch builder has said a few times in this thread that no price will be given until after the first Speeder is painted.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

m.

If you're not on the list to buy one... what does the price matter?

Scratch builder has said a few times in this thread that no price will be given until after the first Speeder is painted.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Thanks j14. I must have missed or forgotten those messages. It is a long thread now already.

If you're not on the list to buy one... what does the price matter?

If you are never going to the Moon... why would you ever be interested in knowing the distance between it and planet Earth?

m.

Sorry chaps, just super busy as always.

Currently fully rebuilding the first completed speeder and finalising the small details to ensure everything is perfect and ready for the painter.

As you know fellas I would never rush a build out to make a quick buck (like some) so please bear with me on this one :impatient: it will be well worth the wait, as there is nothing as detailed and as accurate as this build on the planet.

Image 139.jpg

Jas

Just got the side grilles to remake to better match the new front nose then all set for painting.

New bonnet and rear detailing all done and will get some images up as soon as soon as I get my new phone (as I dropped the other down the loo :slap)

I'm really pleased with the movie accuracy now so I should be to show more visible progress now.

On reflexion I should?ve just downloaded a small scale low detailed 3d model, up-scaled it and got someone to 3d print it me ....:impatient: Lol just kidding that would take zero skill or effort :wink1:

Jas

Back