1/6 scale Landspeeder

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just got the side grilles to remake to better match the new front nose then all set for painting.

New bonnet and rear detailing all done and will get some images up as soon as soon as I get my new phone (as I dropped the other down the loo :slap)

I'm really pleased with the movie accuracy now so I should be to show more visible progress now.

On reflexion I should?ve just downloaded a small scale low detailed 3d model, up-scaled it and got someone to 3d print it me ....:impatient: Lol just kidding that would take zero skill or effort :wink1:

Jas

:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl

Thought this was a rarer and interesting long-lens view of the landspeeder body showing the proportions nicely.

48682948297_f3fccabbd5_k.jpg

Flipping heck :goodpost: thought I'd seen every single Land Speeder image ever taken during the many months of in depth research but not seen that one.....great find :clap

What ever happened to this project ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi Hoody

Really sorry guys for the lack of updates o this build, I've been so busy trying to clear the back log of commission builds I've neglected the Speeder a little.

This build is still 100% going a head and is so close to production, but I just need to complete a few other builds first.
Indy Cart - Done
Mos Eisley x4 - 70%
V4 Swing Bridge x 3 - 50%

+ several exclusive & very secret builds (yet to be publicly announced) :lurking

All that is left for me to do now is the remake side grilles to accommodate the more movie accurate nose and finish off the detailing on the damaged thruster (wires and greeblies) then Painting.

Looking at the latest images of another "speeder" release (IMHO the scale looks a bit off) this one will be well worth the wait and you won't be disappointed.

Jas

There's never a dull moment working in a super busy hospital (including A&E) which has meant my time management has been stretched a little of late.
However I am now finally getting through some of the backlog of builds, resulting in me catching up and starting to ship again. :yess:

Indy Cart, 2x Mos Eisley, Piano are all with Pete.
He will also have 2 more Mos Eisley dio's along with the very first Landspeeder now I've made the final tweaks.
Yes that's right a landspeeder is finally going to get painted :impatient:

I'm a fairly modest chap and not one to big myself up but.........you guys aren't going to believe how epiq this build is going to be, trust me when I say there is nothing that even comes close with the detail or level of quality out there. (I've seen what's available :lol)

Currently re-printing several parts as I'm finally happy with the detailing.

I have a new method of creating the highly detailed parts so decided to upgrade all of the smaller details so this will be as close to a "perfect grade" vehicle as possible.

Image 143.jpg

Ref Image 001.jpg

I have flipped the image so before any of you eagle eyed fans say the damaged thruster is on the wrong side :nana:

There's never a dull moment working in a super busy hospital (including A&E) which has meant my time management has been stretched a little of late.
However I am now finally getting through some of the backlog of builds, resulting in me catching up and starting to ship again. :yess:

Indy Cart, 2x Mos Eisley, Piano are all with Pete.
He will also have 2 more Mos Eisley dio's along with the very first Landspeeder now I've made the final tweaks.
Yes that's right a landspeeder is finally going to get painted :impatient:

I'm a fairly modest chap and not one to big myself up but.........you guys aren't going to believe how epiq this build is going to be, trust me when I say there is nothing that even comes close with the detail or level of quality out there. (I've seen what's available :lol)

Currently re-printing several parts as I'm finally happy with the detailing.

I have a new method of creating the highly detailed parts so decided to upgrade all of the smaller details so this will be as close to a "perfect grade" vehicle as possible.

View attachment 468120

View attachment 468121

I have flipped the image so before any of you eagle eyed fans say the damaged thruster is on the wrong side :nana:

Looking great!

Two small accuracy critiques based on the side-by-side pics with the actual prop vehicle: the vertical support for the top jet nacelle should be a bit wider - all it needs is an extra maybe 5-7mm at the front of it (so its front edge intersects in the middle of the nacelle's "intake fins," not behind them) as the back position is roughly correct (though it should be sloped back slightly more.)

pYb58fM.png

Also, someone mentioned a while back the area where the two side depressions meet (visible just in front of the side jet nacelle) is slightly wrong - the longer main depression doesn't end in an even semi circle as the model has, it should be a bit distorted, almost like a rhombus with rounded corners, as seen on the prop vehicle.

T2hAuMh.png

As the mold is pretty far along, it might be possible to do these as an addition in the case of the nacelle support (ie an extra piece added/glued to the front edge of the support ) and a tiny amount of careful dremeling in the case of the side depression to pull the semi cricle out to more like a rhombus.

My bad as I probably should've said that that was an old pic and there have been several adjustments since it was taken.

The rear wing has been increased also the "scoop" has been reshaped to match the movie prop.

Image 136.jpg

Image 80.jpg

Image 78.jpg

I'm just finished off the fine detailing and getting everything together in prep for painting

Image 144.jpg

Image 145.jpg

Image 147.jpg

I'm sorry for the time its taken guys but with a build this iconic and detailed it all takes time to get right.

It'll be well worth the wait

Oh, okay - great to hear that stuff was already fixed!

Here's another quite rare pic showing the inside of the speeder - there aren't many pics.

w44JXd9.jpg

Oh, okay - great to hear that stuff was already fixed!

Here's another quite rare pic showing the inside of the speeder - there aren't many pics.

w44JXd9.jpg

Flipping heck...... looks like I need to tweak the dash again to add the slight overhang on the top edge :slap

This also shows the darker pin-striping on the bonnet especially around the screen (which this one will have) :lol

Also where's the gear stick gone? :dunno

Flipping heck...... looks like I need to tweak the dash again to add the slight overhang on the top edge :slap

This also shows the darker pin-striping on the bonnet especially around the screen (which this one will have) :lol

Also where's the gear stick gone? :dunno

Nah, I think there were at least 2 different versions. One on the long pole to make it look like it was floating, the other with the vehicle chassis to actually drive. There's sure to be some differences between them.

Yes, update would be nice....

Sorry all not sure what I'm doing wrong here chaps I keep posting but doesn't submit, also noticed that I can no longer post images as the function is missing :dunno:

Everything is now finalised just the damaged thruster detailing, cables and the side grilles to tweak then off to Pete for painting, this Speeder will have a professional & realistic paint job as close to the actual movie prop as we can get.

I have also been testing various stand options to give the illusion of a floating / hovering effect and currently favouring something similar to what was used in the actual movie.

I also plan on providing a diorama base and maybe a prop or two to set the scene (at no extra cost or extension kit of course) as all of our builds are "deluxe versions" :rofl:

Came across some new (at least to me) video stills ref pics of the landspeeder. Right-click for larger images.

Some good paint ref in these, as well as a distortion-free side shot of the plexi windshield. In the front-on shot you can really see just how small, narrow and low (ie not very vertically tall) the vehicle was.

Of special note is the inverted pic of the unpainted speeder where you can see that the bottom of the seats was almost aligned with the bottom face of the speeder body (though the inserted black leather cushions would have made the seat surfaces themselves maybe 3-4" higher.) "Bottoming out" on the landspeeder would have been bottoming out in more ways than one.:lol

Love the pics of these old UK prop shop blokes making this iconic vehicle.

T54jjhV.png

PNHhmI4.jpg

5B6f5Vo.jpg

vLvRhpd.jpg

H9H8P9H.jpg

kyvT15o.jpg

qIMywOc.jpg

2L6it0y.jpg

Back