1/6 Scale Jabba Package Discussion

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Vader AL said:
sounds like some people need to put the sweats on and go out to the parking lot.:maul

:lol sadly that is how it is here in SD. A kid throws a piece of paper and all of the sudden gang wars breaks off :lol *shakes head* So uncivilized.

MaulFan said:
Darklord Dave, this would be one of the posts I was referring to, maybe I took it too far, but to me the first part reads like you guys are stupid for even discussing the topic, and since I have started the thread for people who want to discuss the topic, I take offense when people jump in like that.

MaulFan, Loki is one of the coolest people on here. I still can't find anything offensive in his post. He asked "why do you people care so much about a box?" I think its a valid question and warrants discussion. He wasn't trying to be cute or derail your thread.

I think most people here are scratching their heads wondering why it was a big enough deal for you to even bring up in the first place.

:peace

Customikey said:
Sigh. Can we talk about the cool box now?

Wow! This box is the bee's knees! :google :banana :banana :banana

Just kidding. Fine then. The box was about what I expected. Closer to a PF in design than that 1:6 line. Its awfully minimalist in design and I hope that this is not how the rest of the line's graphic design in 2007 is going to look.Is this the new 30th anniversary design they've been talking about? :monkey3

pixletwin said:
MaulFan, Loki is one of the coolest people on here. I still can't find anything offensive in his post. He asked "why do you people care so much about a box?" I think its a valid question and warrants discussion. He wasn't trying to be cute or derail your thread.

I think most people here are scratching their heads wondering why it was a big enough deal for you to even bring up in the first place.

:peace

You don't find it a bit rude to ask, "Who the **** cares about the box?" In that manner anways. If he had just asked Why does it matter or something like that then no biggie. I could understand where MF would take that as a little rude. It's a valid question but in a thread about the box why bother asking honestly. MF wanted to talk about it so who cares. I skip plenty of topics in the Marvel, Buffy, Horror, and General Sections because I don't care about that topic. Just move on I say. I commented on the thread because I thought what the heck it will be interesting to see MF thoughts. Come to find out he is a Graphics Design guy so this is up his alley which tells me why he cares so much.

I have to admit. I am curious as to why people care about the box. It's your right to care and it's your right to do whatever you want with it, but do you actually display the boxes? I am just wondering.

I really don't understand what the box matters unless you plan to display it. I guess I just look at displays like Gruson's or Mini Rock's and think how much it would be ruined by displaying boxes with it. Heck, I would not even like to see boxes set out beside my stuff as I just think it makes a display look terribly cluttered and cheap sometimes.

It's just my opinion so don't be offended.

jlcmsu said:
You don't find it a bit rude to ask, "Who the **** cares about the box?" In that manner anways. If he had just asked Why does it matter or something like that then no biggie. I could understand where MF would take that as a little rude. It's a valid question but in a thread about the box why bother asking honestly. MF wanted to talk about it so who cares. I skip plenty of topics in the Marvel, Buffy, Horror, and General Sections because I don't care about that topic. Just move on I say. I commented on the thread because I thought what the heck it will be interesting to see MF thoughts. Come to find out he is a Graphics Design guy so this is up his alley which tells me why he cares so much.

Because the name of the thread isn't: 1:6 Jabba Box. Why Is It So Lovely? Discussion means an open invitation to all opinions. Loki wasn't trying to be a dick. He could have said "Who the CRAP cares?" and maybe noone would have gotten their sensitivities rubbed. End of story. Noone should have taken offense to that post.

Can we please drop it now? If not, oh well. I don't care. :D

Well, the same could be said as to why people care people are discussing the boxes. I'm personally talking about it and why decisions where made for ****s and giggles. Nothing more Nothing Less. SideshowQ and team did a great job on the design and why the hell not discuss what they look like.

I honestly don't understand why people care that the topic is being discussed. Like I said ****s and giggles for pretty much anyone talking about the change. MF cares a bit more because it's up his alley so that really should explain a lot. I'm not displaying my boxes though they're taking up a lot of space in my room because I need to rent a storage unit for them.

In the end it's a topic dealing with stuff we buy in accordance with the items. Does it matter it's being disucssed? The people wanting to know are making it a bigger issue than it needs to be really.

Let MF have the topic let it be.

pixletwin said:
Because the name of the thread isn't: 1:6 Jabba Box. Why Is It So Lovely? Discussion means an open invitation to all opinions. Loki wasn't trying to be a dick. He could have said "Who the CRAP cares?" and maybe noone would have gotten their sensitivities rubbed. End of story. Noone should have taken offense to that post.

Can we please drop it now? If not, oh well. I don't care. :D

That's right it is open but if you find the discussion silly why bother? Loki asked a question which again said, "Who the firetruck cares?" That's being a dick. If he wasn't wanting to come across that way ask, it like MF why is it such a big deal to you. Something like that anyways. Because if you ask a question and a f-bomb is dropped in it there is no way to take it other than someone's being a jerk. My sensitivies wheren't rubbed because I'm talking about it for ****s and giggles. What's getting me is that some people care the topic is being discussed and the big deal there making of it. That's what cracks me up.

Sorry Pix but that post was rude. As I said in the manner it was asked anyways.

damm who knew **** would offend people so much.

I say **** all the time. I like **** and ****.

And dont forget ******************************.:rotfl

mfoga said:
damm who knew **** would offend people so much.

I say **** all the time. I like **** and ****.

And dont forget ******************************.:rotfl

I never intended that word use was offensive, my point was that I started a thread for people who, like myself, had opinions and thoughts about the packaging style and design they wanted to share and discuss, and what bothered me is that someone would come and make a statement in a way that basically sounds like "you're stupid for caring about this", and to me that's just pointless and cruel. You don't have to care about that packaging, and for me it's mainly as I look at it online because I don't have a Jabba in hand to enjoy and it gives me something to do in the mean time, but if you want to express disinterest it doesn't have to be done in a manner that comes off in a egotistical "I'm right, you're stupid" manner. I'm promoting maturity and civility in here, but maybe that's a pointless exercise.

For the record, I myself am giddy about the packaging as well. (I look forward to what panels from the movie are being used etc... almost as much as the figure itself).

SSQ and team are awesome in my books and I hope LFL doesn't mess with that too much this year.

pixletwin said:
I hope LFL doesn't mess with that too much this year.

I fear a giant Lucas head on packaging where they've used Vader and Maul's in the past, scary.

Customikey said:
Sigh. Can we talk about the cool box now?

Sorry, but as PROVEN in this thread, the box art in no way shape or form is "cool". It sucks and SS just threw it together.

Now thank you, drive through.

pixletwin said:
For the record, I myself am giddy about the packaging as well. (I look forward to what panels from the movie are being used etc... almost as much as the figure itself).

SSQ and team are awesome in my books and I hope LFL doesn't mess with that too much this year.

I like the panels as well. The plain design is cool as well. Either way the box looks nice and protects my item. Which is my main concern. MF wanted to discuss so I was game.

Back