1/6 Scale Jabba Package Discussion

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
One thing that would have been cool, but maybe too Hasbro for Sideshow to be interested in, would have been a cardboard backdrop, similar to what was in the Luke-Bib 2-pack, with such a large box for Jabba they could have had it sit inside around the foam just fine.

for $120, that box doesn't look it.

I know some people like to open their box and just throw it away, but to me I see it as the whole package. box included.

It always nice to be able to put things back in a secure box and store it somewhere when you had to move it out of the way for newer, cooler stuff you want to display. (like a mos isley cantina bar or something...) The packaging inside looks good, but the box itself really doesn't convey that this is a special figure. its not bad, just not very thought out.

So given the info from Lucasfilm about the look of the 30th Anniversary packaging, is it to be inferred that the 1:6 figures themselves will also have the 30th Anniversary style packaging over the course of 2007? Has Sideshow addressed this at all?

I don't really mind the change. I do keep all of my packaging, and while the 30th Anniversary look may not be as stimulating as some of the previous graphics, at least it is a clean design.

For now we can only speculate the 30th Anniversary design for 2007 Sideshow releases, since Jabba is a unique scale, his box may not reflect what is to come and merely what will be for him and the throne only, time will tell. I hope that maybe some day on sw.com they'll address the creative/thought process behind the ""30th Anniversary Look"" because so far, what I've seen done to SSC and GG product doesn't stand out as anything special or indicative of the special occassion, if it weren't for the 30th logo, no one would say oh this is a 30th Anniversary product. I can think of some ways they could have gone that would maybe be more special, like faint prints of the poster are in the backgrounds or something.

I would have settled for a gold banner along the edges of the packaging that said "Star Wars 30th Anniversary" or "A New Hope 30th Anniversary". It would keep the rest of the packaging the same, but just add the ticker tape type boarder. It would make it stand out from the other releases, but not enough for people to get upset (I think).

The original announcement said that the packaging was for "high end" items. Maybe they don't consider the 12" figures to be high end enough to warrant the new packaging.

But then again:

Sideshow Q said:
Change is coming to all SW product packaging.

Q

And from the Darth Maul thread:

Sideshow Q said:
That's the final box and it's a little taller than your standard box to accomodate the extra long lightsaber. The 30th Anniversary logo isn't on this one, but will be for future packages. Hope that helps.

Q

tomandshell said:
The original announcement said that the packaging was for "high end" items. Maybe they don't consider the 12" figures to be high end enough to warrant the new packaging.

Between cost and quality, I would consider these figures as high end as a GG mini bust, so we'll just have to wait and see what happens to the standard 1/6 figures. Hopefully Jabba ships soon so my attention will be on the glorious figure, in the mean time, can't help checking out the box design.

SO there it is. For sure this is the 30th Anni design... I wonder how that will apply to the normal box design?

I don't question the 30th being included in the design, I just wonder if Jabba is a reflection of the 30th style for all pieces of if he reflects large scale items for the 30th, which means I'm sure that Yoda 1:1 will be in this box style as well, I wonder if that's why he got delayed.

Back